Jon Stewart Takes on Betsy McCaughey and Death Panels

Jon Stewart is a great comedian. I'm so glad nothing he says should be taken seriously, although I have heard that liberals get their news from the Daily Show.

Jon Stewart is serious as serious can get. If you weren't laughing at the state of news delivery and the lies coming from it, you'd be crying. If we weren't in the state we are in with all the lying, he'd have to find another line of inquiry. He's deadly serious about politics and news. He called out CNN and the Crossfire boys and told them they sucked and should be ashamed. He's a real catalyst, and has more material than he knows what to do with.

Jon Stewart is a great comedian. I'm so glad nothing he says should be taken seriously, although I have heard that liberals get their news from the Daily Show.
Have you ever watched the show Xsited?
He probably has. Remember when cons loved Colbert enough that they thought he was another con? They just don't get satire. They even had Colbert do that dinner for Bush Jr. I so loved that.

I like it when people say well he's just a comedian. She came armed with all kinds of "facts", I use that term loosly, and found that he is more prepared than you expect him to be.

She is making charges that there is a death panel clause and Obama is ready to kill grandma, she'd better be more ready to prove that than she was.

She should be embarrassed.

The Senate took the provision out of their version of the bill.

Try to keep up on current events
Then why was Betsy attacking it?

Because it was and is in the House Bill...was that a Netflix question?

Jon Stewart is serious as serious can get. If you weren't laughing at the state of news delivery and the lies coming from it, you'd be crying. If we weren't in the state we are in with all the lying, he'd have to find another line of inquiry. He's deadly serious about politics and news. He called out CNN and the Crossfire boys and told them they sucked and should be ashamed. He's a real catalyst, and has more material than he knows what to do with.

He thinks he's serious, but he suffers from the same biases as the MSM. When Obama was discussing government-run healthcare and pointed out that private companies like FedEx were profitable and the Post Office (a government agency) was not, Jon Stewart made light of it and he was dead-on. Of course, it didn't take a comedian to point that out, but the way he presented it was funny. But again, much of what he says is biased. I take the comedy for what it is and laugh at it. Anything else is just more of the same MSM-biased crap.

Betsy took on an issue that can never be defended. It was suicide, so either she was gambling on the prospect that it might work, or she was so stupid she actually believed it. Palin we know hasn't a clue except when it comes to moose. I don't see any other Republican women coming to the fore to foist this malarkey. How utterly stupid does one have to be?

Because that's what's happening, the Republicans are sending out their weakest links to get slaughtered, while they titter and snarl in the background. It reflects poorly on them though. It reflects poorly on the "Franks" who have no more credibility and resort to epithets and meanness to keep their smoldering ashes smoking pitifully.

Republicans are lazy and promote stupdity. It didn't use to be this way.

OK, so the Librul narrative is that there are no death Panels in the House bill, but the Senate is removing them anyway because Betsy was "destroyed" by Jon Lipschitz on a show on Comedy Central?

Is that it?

Oh right, and nobody listens to Sarah Palin

OK, so the Librul narrative is that there are no death Panels in the House bill, but the Senate is removing them anyway because Betsy was "destroyed" by Jon Lipschitz on a show on Comedy Central?

Is that it?

The Senate? There's only six Senators working on the bill out of the larger committee. For you stupid republicans, that's 6% of the Senate.

Is that it?

It was removed before Betsy appeared on the Daily Show ... you keep digging yourself deeper.

Is that it?

Truth is truth, no matter what format it comes in. And the section was removed from one of the bills because the disinformation campaign was successful.

If you've ever taken a logic class (somehow I doubt it), one of the first things they'll tell you about an argument that appears false is to find the absurdity in it. That's what Jon does, he finds the absurdity in what the Republican corporate neo-con machine is doing, and presents it in a humorous and easy accessible format.

The state of our union can be quite a joke most of the time. As Homer used to say, it's a comic tragedy. Either you can focus on the tragedy, or find the humor in the situation, and Jon does this to perfection. He's deadly serious about his politics, and knows how to show the absurdity in the fascism that disguised as free market capitalism.

Yeah, we know Obama is the fascist... but wouldn't it be funny if it was really Repubs who were Fascist... I mean what a gas?!

Last edited:

Is that it?

The Senate? There's only six Senators working on the bill out of the larger committee. For you stupid republicans, that's 6% of the Senate.

I'm sorry, I need my Jibberish/English dictionary.

Is that it?

No, "the Senate" didn't remove it.

Chucky Grassley removed it with his Here's Some BullShit Now Chew On It" pull in the 6 member committee. Do you know who Chucky the Cheese Grassley is?

Do you know how he removed it? Did you know he voted FOR the same GD provision in 2003?

Uh huh, I'm a scared of him...he's so scary (trying to keep Paperview occupied while the men with the butterfly nets move into position) Why, Jon Stewart is scarier than "Red Dragon" Why Jon is so scary, I'm like totally asacred!
Now you're beginning to get a feel for what it's like when cons tell us we are "afraid" of Palin.

Lick that boner.

Have you ever watched the show Xsited?

Of course. He's hilarious. As I already said, he's a great comedian.
Do you think his interview with Betsy the Shill was just a comic routine?

I thought it was amusing. Here we have a Democrat "Betsy the Shill" spreading lies about Obamacare and Stewart called her on it. Whether they planned on it being a comic routine or not, it most certainly ended up that way.

Forum List

Back