Jon Stewart Takes on Betsy McCaughey and Death Panels

Jon Stewart got good coaching from Team Obama, he had all the Talking Points down pat!

Nice work, Jon!

Jon Stewart got good coaching from Team Obama, he had all the Talking Points down pat!

Nice work, Jon!
Stewart had read it and understood it ... Betsy didn't expect that.

http://washingtonindependent.com/56...or-betsy-mccaughey-resigns-from-medical-board
‘Death Panel’ Myth Creator Betsy McCaughey Resigns From Medical Board
By MATTHEW DELONG 8/21/09 4:13 PM
Betsy McCaughey — an outspoken proponent of the myth that Democrats’ health care reform proposals will lead to the creation of “death panels,” as well as a former lieutenant governor of New York and adjunct fellow at the Hudson Institute — has stepped down from her position as a director of Cantel Medical Corp., which bills itself as a “leading provider of infection prevention and control products in the healthcare market.”
From a press release:
CANTEL MEDICAL CORP. (NYSE: CMN – News) announced that on August 20, 2009 it received a letter of resignation from Ms. Elizabeth McCaughey as a director of the Company. Ms. McCaughey, who had served as a director since 2005, stated that she was resigning to avoid any appearance of a conflict of interest during the national debate over healthcare reform.

McCaughey found herself the subject of widespread ridicule after an appearance on “The Daily Show” Thursday, during which host Jon Stewart aggressively challenged her positions on health care reform.
–

Last edited:
McCaughey found herself the subject of widespread ridicule after an appearance on “The Daily Show” Thursday, during which host Jon Stewart aggressively challenged her positions on health care reform

He was aggressive but not too aggressive and he wasn't mean to her.

I wonder what/who Cantel Medical has in its nasty little pocketses?????

Widespread ridicule? Seriously? From the 10 people that watch Jon Stewart?

Oh wait, of course, that's not why she resigned, that's just Librul Circle Jerk Fantasy Political Football.

"Ms. McCaughey, who had served as a director since 2005, stated that she was resigning to avoid any appearance of a conflict of interest during the national debate over healthcare reform."

Last edited:
"Why of course you're from the planet where a mixed race President and a Gay Jewish Congressman now qualify as Nazi's."

That was a classic.

Republicans are dumb as a box of rocks.

"Why of course you're from the planet where a mixed race President and a Gay Jewish Congressman now qualify as Nazi's."

That was a classic.

Republicans are dumb as a box of rocks.

Speaking on behalf of boxes of rocks I resent that suggestion that they are anything like Republicans​

You just never get tired of making yourself appear to be an complete ignoramous, do you?

Under host Jon Stewart, The Daily Show has risen to critical acclaim. It has received two Peabody Awards for its coverage of the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections respectively.[90] Between 2001 and 2008, it has been awarded twelve Emmy Awards in the categories of Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series and Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Program, and a further seven nominations. The show has also been honored by GLAAD, the Television Critics Association and the Satellite Awards. America (The Book), the 2004 bestseller written by Stewart and the writing staff of The Daily Show, was recognized by Publishers Weekly as its "Book of the Year", and its abridged audiobook edition received the 2005 Grammy Award for Best Comedy Album.[91]

source -wikipedia

Yet the Senate removed the Death Panels from their version of the bill.

Why would they remove them if they didn't exist. I guess its just more lies from a Party of fucking morons lead by a guys who gets all wee weed up

I like it when people say well he's just a comedian. She came armed with all kinds of "facts", I use that term loosly, and found that he is more prepared than you expect him to be.

She is making charges that there is a death panel clause and Obama is ready to kill grandma, she'd better be more ready to prove that than she was.

She should be embarrassed.

I like it when people say well he's just a comedian. She came armed with all kinds of "facts", I use that term loosly, and found that he is more prepared than you expect him to be.

She is making charges that there is a death panel clause and Obama is ready to kill grandma, she'd better be more ready to prove that than she was.

The Senate took the provision out of their version of the bill.

Try to keep up on current events

Oh wait, of course, that's not why she resigned, that's just Librul Circle Jerk Fantasy Political Football.

"Ms. McCaughey, who had served as a director since 2005, stated that she was resigning to avoid any appearance of a conflict of interest during the national debate over healthcare reform."
Ha HA.

She just happens to resign the day after she was brutally humiliated nationally for pushing a MYTH about Death Panels.

LOL.

"Conflict of interest." :rofl:

Betsy McCaughey is a famous liar who famously lied about the Clinton health care bill back in the 1990s, who has returned to lie just as famously in the aughts about the Obama health care bill. Last night, she made an appearance on The Daily Show in a two(plus)-part interview with host Jon Stewart, which centered on her latest, greatest distortion: that the current health care reform package wending its way through the House contains provisions that would enforce draconian consultations imposing conditions upon both patients in end-of-life circumstances and the doctors treating said patients. This falsehood, first promulgated by McCaughey, later came to be colloquially referred to as "death panels." Not a jot of it was true.

More: Betsy McCaughey's Ideas Called "Hyperbolic... Dangerous" By Jon Stewart (VIDEO)

Ha HA.

She just happens to resign the day after she was brutally humiliated nationally for pushing a MYTH about Death Panels.

LOL.

You must really be hysterical over how the Senate took the provision out of their bill.

:lol:
:lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is a classic, CLASSIC Alinsky #5: Ridicule with a side order of Character Schmear.

It must really burn the NeoMarxzys that two women McCaughey and Palin completely busted ObamaCare.

That's gotta hurt

Ha HA.

LOL.

You must really be hysterical over how the Senate took the provision out of their bill.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is a classic, CLASSIC Alinsky #5: Ridicule with a side order of Character Schmear.
It's still in the House Bill.

"We did not know if the finance bill had this in it, but Grassley is able to cancel it by himself. Other committee members have not commented on this."

"For the record there are still several health bills in Congress, the Dodd-Kennedy bill as well as several versions floating around the house leaving the possibility that this will survive."

And still you seem to writhe in glee at the misinformation.

Hurray! Grassley soothed the bedwetters about a mythical dragon he mythically slayed.

Watch out Frankie. More monsters are hiding under your bed!

Alinsky!

Pals with terrorists!

Fudgy milkshakes!

*ACK!***

Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

I think he read the bill or parts of it. And he understood it.

I'm pretty sure if Bush put forth a bill like that Jon would have a whole different conclusion

Naturally because it is apparent to anybody with a brain that Bush was nothing but a corporate shill and a puppet of money men, Chaney, and KBR.

Not to mention Bush and Daddy Bush's ties to Dubai. Where they bought one of their man made islands . Just doing business after all daddy Bush handles 80 billion a year for Dubai and Saudia Arabian investments.

Naturally Jr can't rock that lucrative boat.

So naturally Jon Stewart would have treated it differently if it was Bush, anybody with a brain would treat it differently considering the sell out Bush was.

Worst president in American history .

And that will be going in the history books I know.
My son is a history professor and I see what national history professionals are writing . It's not pretty about Bush. But they are polite , which is better than that clown deserves.

The Senate took the provision out of their version of the bill.

Try to keep up on current events

Doesn't matter dumbass. They can just tack it on to any old bill and pass it later.

You really are clueless aren't you frank?

Forum List

Back