Jon Stewart Nails Fox's Phony Outrage Over The War On Women

Jon Stewart examined Fox News' outrage over what it calls a made up war on women - and found that women are the only ones Fox has not labeled the victims of war. Well, except for conservative women, of course. Warning to Steeve Doocy, Gretchen Carlson, Megyn Kelly, Sean Hannity and more - you are the ones who come out looking like lying hypocrites.

Very funny and right on point!

Jon Stewart Nails Fox's Phony Outrage Over The War On Women - NewsHounds

:lol:

wow a liberal attacking conservatives, WOW what a stretch. The phony war on women is from liberals who think they have the only answer. Pay for your own birth control, it's not that hard. If you cant afford it, quit going to the scrip club.

yeah...that's all conservatives want is for women to pay for their own birth control. :lol:

And you don't see the irony in claiming that Hilary Rosen speaks for all "progressives"? Honestly?

I didn't say that Hilary Rosen speaks for all progressives. What I said was that Hilary Rosen pulled back the curtain and revealed what the majority of progressive women feel about stay at home moms...ie that they are somehow "less" than a woman who has a career outside of the home.

I find it rather amusing that the Left is now complaining about a "war on women" from the GOP when for years now they have themselves waged an unspoken war on any woman that wanted to be a stay at home mother or was pro-life on the abortion issue. THAT is acceptable according to the Left's playbook...but when conservatives try to restrict tax dollars from being spent on abortion clinics then they are labeled as attacking women. I'm pro-choice but I see that as ridiculous.

And why does Hilary Rosen "speak for a majority of progressive women" but Timothy Mcveigh doesn't speak for a majority of anti-tax small government conservatives?

You don't see that as a double standard?

You honestly think that the majority of small government conservatives secretly harbor a desire to blow up innocent people? Are you kidding me? Invoking Timothy McVeigh was an insulting and inflammatory remark to make in the first place...just as Hilary Rosen's remark about stay at home moms not working a day in their lives was insulting and inflammatory. Double standard? If you criticize government waste you're a potential bomb threat but if you criticize stay at home moms...you're misunderstood?

I believe that Hilary Rosen DOES speak for a majority of progressive women when she denigrates stay at home moms as being inferior to women that have careers. She can deny it all she wants NOW to try and get her ass out of the fire but quite frankly it's not believable. Hilary Rosen is from a generation of liberal women who have made sacrifices with their home lives to be successful with their work lives and harbor a resentment of those women who chose not to do so...especially the ones like Anne Romney who have long and happy marriages...something Rosen herself couldn't achieve.

I didn't say that Hilary Rosen speaks for all progressives. What I said was that Hilary Rosen pulled back the curtain and revealed what the majority of progressive women feel about stay at home moms...ie that they are somehow "less" than a woman who has a career outside of the home.

I find it rather amusing that the Left is now complaining about a "war on women" from the GOP when for years now they have themselves waged an unspoken war on any woman that wanted to be a stay at home mother or was pro-life on the abortion issue. THAT is acceptable according to the Left's playbook...but when conservatives try to restrict tax dollars from being spent on abortion clinics then they are labeled as attacking women. I'm pro-choice but I see that as ridiculous.

And why does Hilary Rosen "speak for a majority of progressive women" but Timothy Mcveigh doesn't speak for a majority of anti-tax small government conservatives?

You honestly think that the majority of small government conservatives secretly harbor a desire to blow up innocent people? Are you kidding me? Invoking Timothy McVeigh was an insulting and inflammatory remark to make in the first place...just as Hilary Rosen's remark about stay at home moms not working a day in their lives was insulting and inflammatory. Double standard? If you criticize government waste you're a potential bomb threat but if you criticize stay at home moms...you're misunderstood?

I believe that Hilary Rosen DOES speak for a majority of progressive women when she denigrates stay at home moms as being inferior to women that have careers. She can deny it all she wants NOW to try and get her ass out of the fire but quite frankly it's not believable. Hilary Rosen is from a generation of liberal women who have made sacrifices with their home lives to be successful with their work lives and harbor a resentment of those women who chose not to do so...especially the ones like Anne Romney who have long and happy marriages...something Rosen herself couldn't achieve.

Holy fuck you're dense.

Yes, I obviously think all conservatives want to bomb innocent people. The fact that you still don't see the irony in classifying an entire group of people based upon the opinion of a single person is mind blowing. I was making a ridiculous example to show you how dumb your point was and it went right over your head as you continue to lump people together and not see the irony.

When will your generation of uneducated, out of touch, over the hill, blatantly idiotic people just die off? That will be a good day.

I don't think 1/10th of 1% of small government conservatives want to blow up their opponents anymore than I think the same of large government liberals here in America.

However, that has nothing to do with Rosen's statement. No, no evidence exists she speaks for the majority of progessive women who work. I have heard such ladies here where I live defend mothers who stay at home. I suspect 99% of this board have heard the same.

Forum List

Back