Johnny Depp... a drunken idiot.

I agree. While I may read an occasional interview once in awhile I don’t really read much about entertainers personal lives. I usually find that the more I come to know about them the less I tend to like them. So I don’t bother. I just want to enjoy their movies,music etc…
That's probably because most actors are a lot different in real life than in front of the camera. When I was a kid of about 12 in the early 50's, I spent the summer with my uncle in LA who was in the movie business. I met a number of people in the business. Most were directors and producers and few movie stars. One that stood out in my memory was Boris Karloff. My uncle said, you're going to meet Frankenstein. I pictured this 7 foot tall monster. When I saw him I couldn't believe it. He was several inches shorter than my uncle. He was nothing special just a really nice person. He invited me to go to a ball game the next week with his family but my parents were picking me up to go home. I was really disappointed that I wouldn't be able to tell my friends I went to a ball game with Frankenstein.

I met a few other actors that played in mostly B movies. Don't remember much about them except they seem like just plain people, not particularly glamorous, exciting or anything else. I guess that's why they call them actors.

Fox spent a better part of the entire first day of Depp's testimony. They must have gotten negative feedback because the following day Harris Faulkner said something like "don't worry we aren't going to stay on the Depp testimony". Maybe pop-culture morons really care about Depp's marital problems but most of us don't want to spend more than a minute or two on the subject.

Fox spent a better part of the entire first day of Depp's testimony. They must have gotten negative feedback because the following day Harris Faulkner said something like "don't worry we aren't going to stay on the Depp testimony". Maybe pop-culture morons really care about Depp's marital problems but most of us don't want to spend more than a minute or two on the subject.

The majority of Fox viewers are conservatives who generally disapprove of those who thumb their nose at conventional social values so it's understandable that Fox would devote considerable air time to the story.

In Hollywood divorces where love has turned to hate, a slap becomes spousal abuse and hateful comments become liable. These people live in a world where image is everything. It is no accident that Johnny Depp has an image as Hollywood's bad boy who rejects conventional values. Some of what you read about him is true but much has been cultivated by Depp.

Forum List

Back