Joel Osteen Turn The Other Butt Cheek....Ignores Flooding Victims

http://nypost.com/2017/08/28/pastor-osteen-shuts-church-amid-flooding-crisis/

Wasn't at all surprised when I saw that this a-hole didn't open his "mega church" to flooding victims in Houston.

Bullshit!

1st - the area around his church was impassable due to flood water

Then, the church's basement was flooded.

The moment it was ready for occupancy, the doors opened to all and he's been providing all the relief possible to any and all.

And you know this how?
I know it because I live in Houston and you can't get anywhere right now.
Oh bullshit, get a dingy...

And you know this how?

Then how did they open it if they can't get to it?
The flooding subsided locally. That and they have high water vehicles now. Multiple shelters are needed because there are evacs going on in multiple locations. Rather than being a dick and popping off about something you know nothing about, about someone you don't like, try a being objective for once.

A real church would have been prepared and ready for this. They certainly wouldn't be closed when so many need shelter. Pop yourself off, gimp.
No one was prepared for this. You're grinding an ax.

Yea, because they weren't talking about the storm many days in advance or anything.

I don't think much of Osteen. He had to be shamed into opening up his facility to the flood victims.

He's more about Joel then he is about ministering.

1393057_300x300

I lived in the South; all those millionaire ministers are about themselves.

I don't think much of Osteen. He had to be shamed into opening up his facility to the flood victims.

1393057_300x300

When the "Joel" is tons bigger then the rest...I think that says it all...no mention of Jesus or God in that logo....

While you scumbag liberal children of Hell are trying to rip America apart people in Texas and Louisiana of all faiths races are helping each other and coming together.

Just get the Hell out of my country!

I opened this thread knowing that liberals have little to no respect for Christians. But this is not a Christian bashing OP; my commentary regards assholes like Joel Osteen who are phonies. Stop hero worshiping and see reality for what it is.

While you scumbag liberal children of Hell are trying to rip America apart people in Texas and Louisiana of all faiths races are helping each other and coming together.

I opened this thread knowing that liberals have little to no respect for Christians. But this is not a Christian bashing OP; my commentary regards assholes like Joel Osteen who are phonies. Stop hero worshiping and see reality for what it is.

I have a lot of respect for people of faith who walk the walk, and they're out there now trying to help people.

This man has a HUGE complex. There was plenty of forwarning about this catastrophe. And he couldn't offer shelter until shamed?

Wasn't at all surprised when I saw that this a-hole didn't open his "mega church" to flooding victims in Houston.

Bullshit!

The moment it was ready for occupancy, the doors opened to all and he's been providing all the relief possible to any and all.

And you know this how?
I'm allergic to dinghies.

I have a lot of respect for people of faith who walk the walk, and they're out there now trying to help people.

This man has a HUGE complex. There was plenty of forwarning about this catastrophe. And he couldn't offer shelter until shamed?
He also has a mansion...Yet no one is there...

Bullshit!

And you know this how?
I'm allergic to dinghies.
dingy dinghies?

So, flooding fears on the part of Osteen’s team weren’t exactly unfounded:

When Jerry McDonald arrived at the arena that’s home of the Houston Comets and the Houston Rockets, he was stunned.

Flood waters from torrential rains brought by Tropical Storm Allison had inundated the Compaq Center, where McDonald is general manager.

“The court was floating in water four feet off the ground,” McDonald said.

Monday, June 18, 2001

The Associated Press
HOUSTON (AP) - While still offering help to thousands who lost homes and belongings to flooding from Tropical Storm Allison, Lakewood Church resumed as a place of worship Sunday.

Last weekend, this northeast Houston church with 30,000 congregants canceled services- the first time in its 42 year history - when it became a shelter for about 5,000 people.

On Sunday, the faithful returned to Lakewood to pray, seek help and offer assistance to those in need.

"Glad to have you back. Where were you all last Sunday?" the Rev. Joel Osteen jokingly told the crowd of worshippers. "We made it through the flood. We had church last Sunday. We just had a different type of sermon."

The first of three services the church held Sunday included a five minute video highlighting work the church did last week as it provided shelter to thousands of people, helped repair at least 1,200 homes and began the process of rebuilding lives.

lakewood-church-225x300.jpg
DIVd0hKUIAAgEyh.jpg

The building has a history of flooding, but you are easily led by 3rd party scrutiny. The Lakewood Church family has donated immeasurably to the Houston community for decades and will continue to do so for decades to come...

You're the little boy who cried wolf, get the facts before you run off at the mouth again...

1393057_300x300

When the "Joel" is tons bigger then the rest...I think that says it all...no mention of Jesus or God in that logo....

There's a scripture about Christ mocking people making churches dedicated to him and not even putting his name in the title. I imagine it's not in Joel's new fucked up version though.

The building has a history of flooding, but you are easily led by 3rd party scrutiny. The Lakewood Church family has donated immeasurably to the Houston community for decades and will continue to do so for decades to come...

You're the little boy who cried wolf, get the facts before you run off at the mouth again...

What are you Joel's PR guy, or just a captivated follower?

This is what this guy is all about; the benjamins:

joel-osteens-house-1.jpg

Last edited:

I doubt he wanted dingy commoners stanking up the castle that he has built for himself.

lakewood-church-at-night-1.jpg

What are you Joel's PR guy, or just a captivated follower?

This is what this guy is all about; the benjamins:

joel-osteens-house-1.jpg

So you believe everything the internet tells you?

Pretty gullible...

Forum List

Back