Joe Biden's Ukraine Scandal

Actually what Biden threatened to withhold was a loan guarantee, and without it the Ukraine economy could have collapsed, and the aid the Trump administration held for 55 days was an actual gift, there were no strings that anything needed to be repaid.

A loan guarantee is still a gift. It is a thing of value which we were not obligated to give them in any way. It cannot be considered a threat or use of force to withhold something that which we have ZERO obligation to provide.

Ok, let's go with that, military aid is a gift also, you can't have it both ways. If Biden can withhold a gift, so can Trump.

Well, military aid was a congressional appropriation so Trump has limited options since he doesn’t have authority to undo a law passed by Congress.

I don’t know what the rules were for loan guarantees.

But in the end, the motive for the holds is what truly matters. If the president or Vice President were motivated by personal benefit, then it’s corrupt. I think there’s evidence that Trump was acting for himself and no evidence Biden was acting for himself.

All financial obligations have to be appropriated by congress, but they quite often build in conditions. But your opinion is irrelevant because you can't provide one Trump quote where he asked for anything for himself. Words and context have meaning, your opinion, not so much.

Yes, they do build in conditions. Those conditions were met according to the DOD.

Trump asked for an investigation into Joe Biden. That was clearly for his benefit. Not ours.

Well hell, perhaps you commies should also include his signing the tax cuts to your impeachment articles as well, after all Trump benefited from them too. Just because a president gets a tangential benefit when he does something in the name of our country, doesn't make them illegal.

Let me get this straight. The aid the Biden was threatening to withhold was a gift. Are you saying NOT giving someone a gift is considered a threat or use of force?

That's kind of ridiculous, wouldn't you say?

Actually what Biden threatened to withhold was a loan guarantee, and without it the Ukraine economy could have collapsed, and the aid the Trump administration held for 55 days was an actual gift, there were no strings that anything needed to be repaid.

A loan guarantee is still a gift. It is a thing of value which we were not obligated to give them in any way. It cannot be considered a threat or use of force to withhold something that which we have ZERO obligation to provide.

Ok, let's go with that, military aid is a gift also, you can't have it both ways. If Biden can withhold a gift, so can Trump.

Let's look at this from that angle.

The "Gift" that Biden was threatening to withhold was a gift from Congress and it would have been Congress that would have cancelled or withheld it. Not Biden or even President Obama. Biden had the full support of the Republican Congress for his action.

The "Gift" that Rump was withholding was a "Gift" authorized already by Congress. It wasn't his to deny. He could only delay it until the time ran out to get it to Ukraine. The money was from Congress, not Rump. Rump used it for a personal favor request from a country that is scared shitless (and reasonably so) to grant him that personal favor.

What part of that don't you understand?

Post the law that authorized the military aid, along with the conditions congress placed on the aid. Let's see what latitude the appropriation gave the administration and if Trumps delay violated those conditions, with the 55 day hold.

Also show me where the president is required, by the Constitution, to spend every dime congress appropriates.

Yeah; I don’t know that I’m qualified to read and interpret these nitty gritty details of legislation and federal regulations. This was all laid out in Laura Cooper’s testimony.

The last point I can comment on. The Impoundment Control Act of 1974 says the president has to spend the money appropriated by Congress.

Well, military aid was a congressional appropriation so Trump has limited options since he doesn’t have authority to undo a law passed by Congress.

But in the end, the motive for the holds is what truly matters. If the president or Vice President were motivated by personal benefit, then it’s corrupt. I think there’s evidence that Trump was acting for himself and no evidence Biden was acting for himself.

All financial obligations have to be appropriated by congress, but they quite often build in conditions. But your opinion is irrelevant because you can't provide one Trump quote where he asked for anything for himself. Words and context have meaning, your opinion, not so much.

Yes, they do build in conditions. Those conditions were met according to the DOD.

Trump asked for an investigation into Joe Biden. That was clearly for his benefit. Not ours.

Well hell, perhaps you commies should also include his signing the tax cuts to your impeachment articles as well, after all Trump benefited from them too. Just because a president gets a tangential benefit when he does something in the name of our country, doesn't make them illegal.

Investigating Biden wasn’t a tangential benefit to him. It was the main goal.

Dems don't get held to the same standard as republicans.....I don't get it but I'm fing sick of it....

Let me get this straight. The aid the Biden was threatening to withhold was a gift. Are you saying NOT giving someone a gift is considered a threat or use of force?

That's kind of ridiculous, wouldn't you say?

The "Gift" that Biden was threatening to withhold was a gift from Congress and it would have been Congress that would have cancelled or withheld it. Not Biden or even President Obama. Biden had the full support of the Republican Congress for his action.

The "Gift" that Rump was withholding was a "Gift" authorized already by Congress. It wasn't his to deny. He could only delay it until the time ran out to get it to Ukraine. The money was from Congress, not Rump. Rump used it for a personal favor request from a country that is scared shitless (and reasonably so) to grant him that personal favor.

Post the law that authorized the military aid, along with the conditions congress placed on the aid. Let's see what latitude the appropriation gave the administration and if Trumps delay violated those conditions, with the 55 day hold.

Also show me where the president is required, by the Constitution, to spend every dime congress appropriates.

I won't bother with your demand. It's a done deal. Already covered over and over. Rump has violated numerous federal laws as President and that's what the impeachment is all about. The only question is, is it serious enough to have him removed from office. And neither of us can answer that question.

Why is Joe Biden being allowed to getaway with his Ukraine Scandal?
The Press is covering up Biden's crimes, and making up scandals about President Trump.
Should there is a formal investigation?
View attachment 293715

Nice Meme, Ivan. How's the weather in Moscow. Just look out the window and tell us what you see. Oh, did you say that's it's sunny and nice or that it's gloomy and that guard that just told you to get away from the window didn't help the mood either.

yeah sure, nothing to see there. I just did a real quick search on the average board of directors salary in the U.S. and it's roughly 80+ K a year. Bidens son was making $80,000 a month as the son of a vice president.
It needs to be looked into whether or not Hunter was qualified for this position and if he isnt... it needs to be looked into as to why he was getting paid so much money.

Then it's the Company that needs to look into it, not any Government outside of the Ukrainian Government. And then the only question comes up is why you are worried about it since it's not your dime.

The WHY, is if Hunter was not even qualified and making all that money.... then the next step would be to look into if the prosecutor who Biden had fired by withholding a Billion dollars was actually looking into that company's business dealings. THAT would be a real Quid Pro Quo if an American Vice president had a foreigner fired to cover for his son or for himself

Biden was relaying the wishes of the US Congress. Simple as that. If you want to go after the ones that forced that issue then go after the entire Republican Congress that was sitting at the time. You may say a lot of things but Joe showed a lot of Husbah that day.

Dems don't get held to the same standard as republicans.....I don't get it but I'm fing sick of it....

Ive seen Republicans demanding a taped confession from Trump when all they need for Biden is innuendo.

This is the 5th Ave syndrome.

Once again, your opinion isn't worth any more than mine. Show me, in the text of the call, where Trump asked for anything for himself. He asked for the benefit of the country, that's the way it was worded, it's as simple as that.

Yeah; I don’t know that I’m qualified to read and interpret these nitty gritty details of legislation and federal regulations. This was all laid out in Laura Cooper’s testimony.

The last point I can comment on. The Impoundment Control Act of 1974 says the president has to spend the money appropriated by Congress.

Ok, so you don't know if the administration was in compliance or not. GOT IT!

I won't bother with your demand. It's a done deal. Already covered over and over. Rump has violated numerous federal laws as President and that's what the impeachment is all about. The only question is, is it serious enough to have him removed from office. And neither of us can answer that question.

I've seen claims over and over, not proof.

The Press is covering up Biden's crimes, and making up scandals about President Trump.

Joe Biden did nothing wrong. The "Ukraine Scandal" is all about President Trump trying to extort the Ukrainian President into announcing fake investigations into a made-up conspiracy theory.

How is the press making this up, when Trump himself has confessed to doing it, as has his Chief of Staff, and his attorney?
So video proof isn't good enough, but someone who never met Trump, is creditale proof?

Great Spin Job.

Reality:

Trump commits the Crime. You content it was 'made up'.
GOP and supporters buy into the coverup
Try to pin trump crime on political opponent.
Biden has been investigated and cleared.
By who? Obama?

Joe Biden did nothing wrong. The "Ukraine Scandal" is all about President Trump trying to extort the Ukrainian President into announcing fake investigations into a made-up conspiracy theory.

How is the press making this up, when Trump himself has confessed to doing it, as has his Chief of Staff, and his attorney?
So video proof isn't good enough, but someone who never met Trump, is creditale proof?

There is a video of Biden doing what the Congress wanted him to do. And he did it with class and huspah. Something Rump never learned how to do.

Great Spin Job.

Reality:

Trump commits the Crime. You content it was 'made up'.
GOP and supporters buy into the coverup
Try to pin trump crime on political opponent.
Biden has been investigated and cleared.
By who? Obama?

Give it up. It's a done deal. Nothing is going to go on with Biden. Rump already blew his load. Your sell by date has expired.

Ok, so you don't know if the administration was in compliance or not. GOT IT!

Well, I have testimony under oath from the career official in charge of it. What do you have?

Once again, your opinion isn't worth any more than mine. Show me, in the text of the call, where Trump asked for anything for himself. He asked for the benefit of the country, that's the way it was worded, it's as simple as that.

And you believe Trump because?

View attachment 293715
this “scandal” is completely made up by Trump. If there was anything to it than our law enforcement agencies, controlled by Trump and his people, would be doing something about it. You’ve been duped

Ive seen Republicans demanding a taped confession from Trump when all they need for Biden is innuendo.

This is the 5th Ave syndrome.
We have a taped confession from Biden....He was bragging about it like he is some kind of a gangster thug....

Forum List

Back