Joe Biden gas prices still sky high at $3.66. 55% higher than when Trump left office.

It looks like CVX made ~$30B/$214B (~14%) so far this year? $35B/$235B last year?
AAPL ended up with $94B/$384B (~24%)
Apple Inc financial statements, including revenue, expenses, profit, and loss The total revenue of AAPL for the last quarter is 81.80B USD, and it's 13.75% lower compared to the previous quarter. The net income of Q3 23 is 19.88B USD. $20B/$82B == (~24%)

I am no expert but the numbers are on the Financial page.

Once again, Big evil OIL is ripping you poor bustereds off? How did you drive to the store? To the worksite? At ~15mpg I would assume.

no. Chevron made 32% or so. Do you people understand business? You’re all OK with APPL making similar. You just like to flap your big mouth.

you go buy a rig, get permits and go drill in 200’ water into the ocean floor for a couple miles after a year of searching.
I have no problem with people making money. Never have. I sometimes have a problem with people attributing the effects of business management philosophy and techniques to US politics or political leaders, as is often the case with the one I was answering. You have never heard me whining about the price of gasoline, more often seeing me remark how I have never paid the same high prices, while I received discounts of $.60 to $1.00 plus consistently, typical of a former purchasing manager. It is also typical of somebody a large corporation paid for a full-bull scholarship to attend a major university and business school and come out a national honors graduate. I was never concerned what Apple was making either. They paid me to make sure my part of the corporation was making a high GPM generating corporate profits and consistently keeping it at the top of the ROI operations in the country.

ENERGY

Big Oil Profits Reached Record High Levels in 2022​

my-pic-e1087b512e67e412656c6bb17b0d282d-80x80.jpg

Published
6 months ago
on
April 26, 2023
By
Vipul Sharma green checkmark icon Featured Creator

Article/Editing:​

This visual highlights the five big oil companies that doubled their individual profits and earned a combined profit of over $200 billion in 2022.

Last year was a great year for oil companies.
Global crude oil prices had already escalated as global economies began recovering, and demand increased after the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Russia’s invasion of Ukraine shot these prices further up as fossil fuel trade fell under the microscope.
In this graphic, Vipul Sharma of Mastermind Investor uses accumulated earnings data from Energy Monitor to highlight the five companies that made a cumulative profit of over $200 billion in 2022.

The Five Big Oil Winners​

Within the span of one year, the five Big Oil companies ⁠— ExxonMobil, Chevron, Shell, BP, and TotalEnergies ⁠— more than doubled their profits.

Search:
CompanyProfit 2021Profit 2022
ExxonMobil$23B$59.1B
Shell$19.3B$39.9B
Chevron$15.6B$36.5B
TotalEnergies$18.1B$36.2B
BP$12.8B$27.7B
Showing 1 to 5 of 5 entries
PreviousNext

Securing a total profit of $59.2 billion, U.S. oil giant ExxonMobil recorded the highest total of the lot. In 2021, the company’s profits were $23 billion or less than half of 2022’s haul.
It was joined by Chevron, whose profits rose by over 134% to $36.5 billion, and Shell, whose profit of $39.9 billion was the highest in the company’s 115-year history.

ENERGY

my-pic-e1087b512e67e412656c6bb17b0d282d-80x80.jpg

Published
6 months ago
on
April 26, 2023
By
Vipul Sharma green checkmark icon Featured Creator

Article/Editing:​

This visual highlights the five big oil companies that doubled their individual profits and earned a combined profit of over $200 billion in 2022.

Last year was a great year for oil companies.
Global crude oil prices had already escalated as global economies began recovering, and demand increased after the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Russia’s invasion of Ukraine shot these prices further up as fossil fuel trade fell under the microscope.
In this graphic, Vipul Sharma of Mastermind Investor uses accumulated earnings data from Energy Monitor to highlight the five companies that made a cumulative profit of over $200 billion in 2022.

The Five Big Oil Winners​

Within the span of one year, the five Big Oil companies ⁠— ExxonMobil, Chevron, Shell, BP, and TotalEnergies ⁠— more than doubled their profits.

Search:
CompanyProfit 2021Profit 2022
ExxonMobil$23B$59.1B
Shell$19.3B$39.9B
Chevron$15.6B$36.5B
TotalEnergies$18.1B$36.2B
BP$12.8B$27.7B
Showing 1 to 5 of 5 entries
PreviousNext

Securing a total profit of $59.2 billion, U.S. oil giant ExxonMobil recorded the highest total of the lot. In 2021, the company’s profits were $23 billion or less than half of 2022’s haul.
It was joined by Chevron, whose profits rose by over 134% to $36.5 billion, and Shell, whose profit of $39.9 billion was the highest in the company’s 115-year history.

After down year $-5B 2020. $15B 2021.
Now back to normal. Making profit of 200% higher than selling nothing during the Virus scam.
You people post too much BS.

After down year $-5B 2020. $15B 2021.
Now back to normal. Making profit of 200% higher than selling nothing during the Virus scam.
You people post too much BS.
It was Trump who claimed that the US was in a National Health Emergency which shut down the US while Trump paid us to stay at home and ruin the petroleum industry.

no. Chevron made 32% or so. Do you people understand business? You’re all OK with APPL making similar. You just like to flap your big mouth.

you go buy a rig, get permits and go drill in 200’ water into the ocean floor for a couple miles after a year of searching.
Oil companies get huge subsidies that Apple doesn't. Oil investors get to write off 100% of their investment & profits even if they drill a bank bursting gusher. They get to write off IDC (Intangible Drilling Cost), TDC (Tangible Drilling Cost), ODA (Oil Depletion Allowance) against 5 prior years of taxes owed & years of taxes going forewords.

Oil companies get huge subsidies that Apple doesn't. Oil investors get to write off 100% of their investment & profits even if they drill a bank bursting gusher. They get to write off IDC (Intangible Drilling Cost), TDC (Tangible Drilling Cost), ODA (Oil Depletion Allowance) against 5 prior years of taxes owed & years of taxes going forewords.

Uh...they follow existing TAX law from 8 years Obiden and now 3 from Obiden 2.0 They could have changed any of it.

Everything is subsidized. Semiconductors don't build plants w/o some kickbacks.

TSMC is seeking up to $15 billion in tax credits and grants to support its fabs under construction in north Phoenix.

Apple is amongst the companies that have received the biggest state and local subsidies in the U.S. It got US$891 million in 2021.

For comparison, Samsung picked up US$1.2 billion, Disney received US$570 million, and Oracle was given US$240 million, according to data from Good Jobs First, presented by Statista.

Once again Bidenomics are devastating working folks.

They are taking it in the shorts on gas, food, rent, and all the other basic necessaties.

Even with the covid price crash, gasoline was higher when Trump left office than when he took office. Trump caused prices to rise & US Oil production to crash. Under Biden US oil production has always increased.

Even with the covid price crash, gasoline was higher when Trump left office than when he took office. Trump caused prices to rise & US Oil production to crash. Under Biden US oil production has always increased.

Thats' just plain stupid. Like saying after WW111 it took 7 months for the price to come down. You forkers are crazy as all get out.

And what economic theory does not? Yours is literally and ancient whine, simply adapted to your politics of the moment. Do you really think Biden controls the oil industry, or any president has in the last hundred years, even in this country, much less any other? The chief driver of momentary inflation during my lifetime has been energy, specifically oil and this is known clean back to before the OPEC oil embargo of the 1970s. Notice as we have increased production while Biden has been in office, others have decreased, the effect being to keep the supply/demand across the planet in check to continue the profits. This isn't Biden. It never was, but the effect on economy, inflation, growth is energy dependent, and the current main energy supply worldwide is fossil fuel, particularly oil. So, now we are not only the planet's largest producer and distributor, but are now, not only producing more than any other country, but indeed more than we have ever produced in anytime in history, yet prices not consistently uniformly falling, as supply from other countries curtailed to maintain the production/demand point without allowing another glut to form, raising competition, forcing them to compete on volume to maintain profits at higher cost.
Lease permits. Yeah He does, Joe Biteme is a dick, just like you , for defending that child molesting dictator.

Lease permits. Yeah He does, Joe Biteme is a dick, just like you , for defending that child molesting dictator.
So, you lost the argument on oil, oil production, it's effects on the economy, etc, so now all you have left is name calling? What grade are you in?

But not the capitalist they are taking in record profits, but you blame Joe cause you're stupid.
Joe is the one who caused the high prices when he rescinded Trump's energy EOs and Biden also promised to end fossil fuels. Iran and Russia are reaping the profits and now what do we see? Russia and Iran (through Hamas) waging war.

Joe is the one who caused the high prices when he rescinded Trump's energy EOs and Biden also promised to end fossil fuels. Iran and Russia are reaping the profits and now what do we see? Russia and Iran (through Hamas) waging war.
I see that Biden is a failure like Trump on economics.

I see that Biden is a failure like Trump on economics.
Biden is a disaster on economics. At least Trump lowered fuel prices and kept inflation in check. People are hurting because of Biden's economic policies. Biden ran around saying he'd put an end to fossil fuels and promoted EVs which no one is buying. Energy is the foundation of our economy and Biden made it more expensive which caused prices to soar.

Biden is a disaster on economics. At least Trump lowered fuel prices and kept inflation in check. People are hurting because of Biden's economic policies. Biden ran around saying he'd put an end to fossil fuels and promoted EVs which no one is buying. Energy is the foundation of our economy and Biden made it more expensive which caused prices to soar.
Dream on....

US electric-vehicle sales hit record high, Tesla loses ...​

1697243258205.png
Reuters
https://www.reuters.com › business › autos-transportation

1 day ago — Electric vehicle (EV) sales in the United States jumped to more than 300000 for the first time in the third quarter, but industry leader ...

Electric cars are breaking sales records, but here's why ...​

1697243258240.png
CNN.com
https://www.cnn.com › 2023/08/20 › electric-cars-sales-g...

Aug 20, 2023 — Cox Automotive now predicts sales of fully electric vehicles in the US will break the 1 million vehicle barrier in 2023 for the first time ever.

Dream on....

US electric-vehicle sales hit record high, Tesla loses ...

View attachment 842565
Reuters
https://www.reuters.com › business › autos-transportation

1 day ago — Electric vehicle (EV) sales in the United States jumped to more than 300000 for the first time in the third quarter, but industry leader ...

Electric cars are breaking sales records, but here's why ...

View attachment 842566
CNN.com
https://www.cnn.com › 2023/08/20 › electric-cars-sales-g...

Aug 20, 2023 — Cox Automotive now predicts sales of fully electric vehicles in the US will break the 1 million vehicle barrier in 2023 for the first time ever.
EV's are still second choice. Also they would never survive without significant government subsidies. EV's have less than a 30% market share. (your own link). Refueling stress is a big negative factor for EVs as well. EV's also are not 'clean' as they require more from an electric grid that is mostly supported by coal and fossil fuel. Take away all the government subsidies and the EV market will shrivel up.

Last edited:
EV's are still second choice. Also they would never survive without significant government subsidies. EV's have less than a 30% market share. (your own link). Refueling stress is a big negative factor for EVs as well. EV's also are not 'clean' as they require more from an electric grid that is mostly supported by coal and fossil fuel. Take away all the government subsidies and the EV market will shrivel up.
Is that why the petroleum companies in the US get subsidized

In the United States, by some estimates taxpayers pay about $20 billion dollars every year to the fossil fuel industry.May 3, 2023

sen. whitehouse on fossil fuel subsidies: “we are subsidizing ...​

Forum List

Back