Jindal: End "Dumbed Down Conservatism"

what does he mean? he want to give them all the abortions they want, all the free stuff they want? what? maybe we should spray paint our selves brown.

You are another example of the people Jindal is talking about.

You and your ilk are why the republican party can not win a national election.

Wow, the Republicans lost two elections in a row, and are therefore unable to win another national election. Did you hold the same opinion about Democrats after George Bush kicked their asses twice? Or, after Democrats lost three elections in a row to Reagan and Bush Sr?

There is little doubt in my mind that Romney should have won this election easily, considering the mess that Obama has made of the economy. Consequently, we need to figure out why he didn't win and fix it. We do not need to go into a bidding war with the Democrats for the various voting blocs. We do need to sell the conservative message to as many Americans, of all interest groups, as possible. I firmly believe that is where we failed in the last two elections.

I hope this is exactly how you guys double down

The modern GOP will have to compromise. To follow its far right wing on 100% of what it demands will lead to party dissolution. The women and minorities of America said "no". That won't change.

The modern GOP will have to compromise. To follow its far right wing on 100% of what it demands will lead to party dissolution. The women and minorities of America said "no". That won't change.

First they have to recognize the difference between compromise and capitulation. Right now they're been convinced by the division pimps that cooperation is surrender. And they've heard it so many times that the silly notion is embedded in their subconscious.

The division pimps are being beaten down.

Hopefully, the Rushbo minions and the freak a doodles will form their own party.

Then the real GOP can work to take your middle and conservative wings.

Thread about a republican calling for party change, filled with Liberals agreeing and Republicans telling him to STFU.

I don't see the GOP changing anytime soon. How can they if any change upsets the base?

I totally agree the GOP needs to change.. they need to jettison the Rove's, etc. What Jindal is calling for is for the GOP to start pandering to minorities, being even more like the Dems, etc.

We already have one Democratic party, we don't need a second.

Hmm, I didn't read it that way.

I've seen a lot of republicans post that change = pandering. I don't see it that way, and I 100% don't think the GOP needs to pander to get minority votes. I do think they need to be more welcoming, harsher on the more extreme parts of their party, and package the message better.

IMO, the republican message is a good one and one that can resonate with minorites if other issues didn't keep getting in the way.

See, here's the problem. We are welcoming... why wouldn't we be? The left has been fairly successful in portraying the GOP as an all white party of Aryans. It a lie.. we are white, we are native Americans, we are Latino, etc.

In turn, what has the left done for minorities? Basically promised them free stuff, we're gonna tax whitey, give millions amnesty, and tell blacks that the GOP will put you back in chains.

Its all a lie but apparently it sells well... I don't claim to understand why these lies sell so well...

And 4 years later; the GOP nominee is promising to ban an entire religion of “minorities” and deport 11,000,000 other minorities”

Also from the piece:

“It is no secret we had a number of Republicans damage our brand this year with offensive, bizarre comments — enough of that,” Jindal said. “It’s not going to be the last time anyone says something stupid within our party, but it can’t be tolerated within our party. We’ve also had enough of this dumbed-down conservatism. We need to stop being simplistic, we need to trust the intelligence of the American people and we need to stop insulting the intelligence of the voters.”

maybe it's that we've had enough of extremists...and the GOP's extremists have taken over the party??

which begs the question... what do you do with a party that's been hijacked, mac?
Wait
Isn't Jindall one of the extremist?

I think he needs to walk the walk before he talks!

Forum List

Back