Jimmy Carter?

Carter wasn't a great president, but he wasn't among the worst. he was impeded by his own strong ethics but he got more legislation passed than just about any president before or since. The hostage crisis hung around his neck like a lead anchor.

Carters misreading and mishandling of Iran, the Shah and Khomeini has rebounded viciously on our heads, we have and will ever suffer grave repercussions for that, just as we may suffer irrevocable repercussions for invading Iraq, but the jury is still out.

As far as his being a 'good man'...of good character and principals....I'll leave it to the opinion of those that knew him and/or worked with /for him closely...some are not exactly enamored with him, of course that can be said of anyone, but the tales of pettiness and lies, well..it is what it is.
Robert Novak called him the greatest liar of any presidency he ever covered.

From a historical perspective, his immediate and sustained denigration of the admins after his, well, that speaks to a certain lack of character as well.

Last edited:
If Reagan was the greatest president that ever was. Then Carter was the second greatest.
What a fucking retard you are. Seriously.

FDR.

JFK.

LBJ.

Moron.

U gotta sing it sis........"fdr ....lbj what else do I have to say?"...we didn't start the fire....etc etc...:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a2SS0zqmzk]YouTube - We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel - WITH LYRICS[/ame]

always worth a listen...:eusa_dance:

What a fucking retard you are. Seriously.

FDR.

JFK.

LBJ.

Moron.

U gotta sing it sis........"fdr ....lbj what else do I have to say?"...we didn't start the fire....etc etc...:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a2SS0zqmzk]YouTube - We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel - WITH LYRICS[/ame]

always worth a listen...:eusa_dance:
No shit, Trajan!

Man, with some, it's just waaaaaay too easy.

;)

Jimmeh.jpg
Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ahead-of-his-times.......

carter_whitehouse_solar1.jpg

white-house-solar-panels.jpg

Carter was an honest, good man, a rarity in politics.

Jimmy Carter's White House Diary - 60 Minutes - CBS News

Asking the wingnut revisionists on the right for a review of Jimmy Carter is a waste of time. Carter inherited an incredible mess from Nixon/Ford, stagflation was the economist's term at that time for not having a clue what was going on. He also suffered an oil embargo which created inflationary greed, and interest rates in the ridiculous. But Carter's flaw was he thought telling it like it was was a good political tactic. Unlike Reagan who is our worst contemporary president in terms of accomplishments, Carter passed more legislation than Reagan and I think Bush Sr. combined.

OpEdNews - Article: Ronald Reagan: Worst President Ever?

"....there's a growing realization that the starting point for many of the catastrophes confronting the United States today can be traced to Reagan's presidency. There's also a grudging reassessment that the "failed"- presidents of the 1970s--Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter--may deserve more credit for trying to grapple with the problems that now beset the country."

Allen Barra: Allen Barra on the Myth of Ronald Reagan - Book Review - Truthdig

"Many seminal thinkers of 20th century American conservatism—Kleinknecht cites Russell Kirk, Richard Weaver and German-born émigré Friedrich A. Hayek, to whose names I would add G.K.Chesterton—regarded large corporations as “a threat to folkways and small-scale private property. It was, after all, not government but big corporations that did so much to wipe out agrarian culture. The former machinist or farmer now bagging groceries at Wal-Mart is not exactly a conservative icon.”"

Last edited:
A little help here from my conservative friends?

I have a buddy of mine who swears up and down Jimmy Carter was a "good man" and "the only honest president we've ever had" and "Jimmy Carter is a Christian"...

Anyone have links off-hand that show just what a nut-case Carter was/is?
I'm sure Carter is a good man. He's a Military vet and leader of that group that builds homes for poor people, I can't remember the name of it and I don't feel like looking it up.

Unfortunately just being vet as well as a "good" and "a nice person" doesn't guarantee a successful Presidency.

The 1976 Presidential campaign is the first one I have any real memories of. I remember watching Nixons inauguration on tv in 1972 but that's all. As a nation we were so happy to get rid of Ford and put the Nixon years behind us and have Jimmy Carter as our new President (sound familiar?)

Then in 1980 we were happy again, to get rid of wimpy Jimmy Carter. The failed rescue of the Iranian Embassy hostages and the fact that it dragged on for 444 days really sunk his Presidency.
Yeah.....funny how that worked-out...... :rolleyes:

"The Iraqi invasion of Iran on Sept. 22, 1980, added both urgency and confusion to the various negotiating tracks. Two former Reagan campaign aides told me that this generated new fears within the Reagan-Bush campaign that war pressures would lead Iran to release the hostages before Election Day, thereby improving President Carter's chances."

A little help here from my conservative friends?

I have a buddy of mine who swears up and down Jimmy Carter was a "good man" and "the only honest president we've ever had" and "Jimmy Carter is a Christian"...

Anyone have links off-hand that show just what a nut-case Carter was/is?

wth? is your mind and your fingers broken. Lazy people are just bores.

Carter is proof that a good upstanding Christian makes for a terrible President.

Clinton is proof that a pretty terrible human being can make a decent President.

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ahead-of-his-times.......

carter_whitehouse_solar1.jpg

white-house-solar-panels.jpg

Reagan did the honorable thing and removed those marxist solar panels stat! Using solar panels and alternative energy at the White House makes us look weak to middle East Terrorists and the Ruskies! Cutting imports of foreign oil makes us look weak! So Reagan fixed that right up.

Barack Obama: 'no' to solar panels on the White House roof

Campaigner Bill McKibben says solar panels would demonstrate presidential leadership on climate change

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/sep/10/solar-panels-white-house

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back