Jilted Glenn Beck tells nation: "Philadelphia is not a place you want to be"

I was just in Philadelphia for 1 1/2 days about 3 weeks ago. It was pretty bad, I've seen pretty bad before-but Philly was PRETTY bad.

Good plan! Silence those we disagree with! Whoooohoooo! Fuck freedom of speech! Give us safe information! Let the Government decide who we should listen to!

*Prays silently for saner heads to prevail against those who fear the words of others.

I think you're posting in the wrong thread CG.

If you think silencing people you disagree with is a good thing, I think you're living in the wrong country, Doggie.

Umm talk to the corporations. It was a money decision I am sure.

I think you're posting in the wrong thread CG.

If you think silencing people you disagree with is a good thing, I think you're living in the wrong country, Doggie.

It's a 'silence Glen Beck' campaign from a group called Color of Change. They have a few thousand people who contact any advertiser during a Beck program and threaten them with a boycott. I fundamentally disagree with anyone attempting to silence another person because they don't like what that person says. That's the American in me.

It's all about the advertisers. If they were dropping because of Glenn Beck, then it's Glenn Beck who gets the ax.

Yea, we're aware of the Color of Change and their hate campaign against Beck's advertisers. We're aware that people who are afraid of people seek to silence them.

Why are you trying to silence the people who disagree with Beck?

I've been looking for the thread Modbert must have started when Air America imploded.

Anybody have a link?

Glenn Beck has about 2 million viewers.

The other night, the Jets/Patriots playoff game got 43.5 million viewers.

We can agonize all we want over what Glenn Beck does and says but remember, it's WAAAY down the list of what real America cares about.

As noted here earler, this is the week that Philadelphia cleaned up its airwaves, purging Glenn Beck as well as Sean Hannity from the radio here. (Beck was also dumped in New York City.) The king of all far-right media supposedly had a soft spot for Philly -- it was living here and broadcasting from WPHT out on City Line Avenue that Beck built his nationwide radio audience in the early-to-mid 2000s.

Quoted for great stupidity. Cleaned up its airwaves?

Not my opinion nor do I agree with the wording. Found the article on the local Philly site.

YOu could give attribution.

And you might have added that comment before. IF you don't provide some sort of additional content, we might as well assume you endorse it.

YOu could give attribution.

And you might have added that comment before. IF you don't provide some sort of additional content, we might as well assume you endorse it.

Assuming things on the internet never ends well. Clearly anyone can click on the link and see for themselves where it's from. If it's in quotations like that, it's not something that I wrote. If I agreed it, would of said so. I post articles all the time, don't always agree with the articles themselves however.

I like to post things I find interesting on USMB. Too bad most of the more interesting content gets ignored. :lol:

It's a 'silence Glen Beck' campaign from a group called Color of Change. They have a few thousand people who contact any advertiser during a Beck program and threaten them with a boycott. I fundamentally disagree with anyone attempting to silence another person because they don't like what that person says. That's the American in me.

Do you have any evidence that it was because of them that this happened? :eusa_eh:

I like Philadelphia. It was surprisingly hopping. I've never been robbed nor shot there.

Best cheese steaks, hoagies and snapper soup in the country, bar none. My husband was from Philly (Delaware county burb) and the only time we ventured downtown while visiting relatives was to eat. And that was in the 70's. No big metropolis area is "safe" just mulling around in the bowels of the city after dark, and that includes Philadelphia.

It's all about the advertisers. If they were dropping because of Glenn Beck, then it's Glenn Beck who gets the ax.

Yea, we're aware of the Color of Change and their hate campaign against Beck's advertisers. We're aware that people who are afraid of people seek to silence them.

Then perhaps Beck should have listened and started to tone it down. He's only got himself to blame. What he "preaches" isn't even political rhetoric--it's vile and disturbing regurgitations on anything he happens to disagree with, or that he can make fun of, i.e., "Daddy? Have you plugged the leak yet?" which he mocked for 15 fucking minutes. So now that the entire country is finally calling for the demonizing and hateful comments to stop from both sides, ol' Beck comes up with a list of promises. He is such a fucking phony with all his "Christian Values" bullshit. He really does remind me of a cult leader whose only interests are his own, but he manages to brainwash his flock into believing he's sincere, even when his own actions don't match the ministering.

isn't philly were the police chief had a bomb dropped from a helicopter on some house with bandits held up inside? what a riot...oops, I mean what a hoot.

It was very Waco-ish....some black cult that had several apartment buildings as a compound. Women and children burned there too......but for some odd reason, no outcry from the same people who go on and on and on and on and on and on about the facist police state and Waco.

BOO HOO, two words, "Dixie Chicks". The American in me says it's very similar to what right wing groups do. Why is it OK for them?

Forum List

Back