Jilted Glenn Beck tells nation: "Philadelphia is not a place you want to be"

I worked in Philly for many years and will be soon moving back there in the next few months. After seeing most major cities in the U.S. and living in Chicago for the past 4+ years I can safely say Philly does indeed suck.

Here's why:
1. Outside of the history in Old City, there is very little in terms of recreational or sight seeing to do
2. The water ways are purely commercial and disgusting. Chicago makes EXCELLENT use of the waterfront both on the river and lake for private use as well as tourism/parks while still maintaining shipping and commercial use. You actually want to be near the water in Chicago. In Philly, if you're near the Schuylkill you're either driving an oil tanker or dumping a body.
3. The food in philly is nothing special outside of hoagies/cheesesteaks. There are some really good restaurants but nothing to write home about.
4. Philly is just a dirty, dingy city for the most part. A few nice neighborhoods surrounded by a lot of shit.
5. The people. It's all over the east coast, but philly in particular are some of the rudest pieces of shit you will ever come across. As soon as you step off the plane at PHL you can tell the difference.

And yes I will be living there again very soon. Why if I hate it so much? Because being close to family and friends is more important then the location that you live in. At least for me.

Doesn't W.C. Fields have on his headstone "At least I'm not in Philadelphia" ?? I agree it was one of those places I liked to visit occasionally but would never choose to live there.

No.

As usual, you have the facts wrong, but that doesn't stop you from posting.

W.C Fields was from Philly.

Well excuse me all to hell, Teach. I did ASK THE FUCKING QUESTION, I didn't state it as fact. Pay attention.

Doesn't W.C. Fields have on his headstone "At least I'm not in Philadelphia" ?? I agree it was one of those places I liked to visit occasionally but would never choose to live there.

No.

Well excuse me all to hell, Teach. I did ASK THE FUCKING QUESTION, I didn't state it as fact. Pay attention.

You're excused all to hell.

Try doing some research before spouting off; you won't look as ridiculous.

It's called, "The Internet." You can search " W.C. Fields Headstone." Took me about 20 seconds.

Last edited:
No.

It's called, "The Internet." You can search " W.C. Fields Headstone." Took me about 20 seconds.

The nice thing about being imperfect is the joy it brings to miserable people.

The nice thing about being imperfect is the joy it brings to miserable people.

If you're gonna be the board joke, then its a good thing you like playing the part.

Jilted Glenn Beck tells nation: "Philadelphia is not a place you want to be" | Philly | 01/18/2011

But now that we're not listening, he told the rest of America what he really thinks of us. "Philadelphia sucks," Beck declares at the end of today's rant, which is focused on his notion -- and feel free to debate this, as I know you will -- that it's not safe to walk around the City of Brotherly Love at 6 p.m. (6 p.m.?) without getting robbed or shot. But rather than me characterizing what Beck said about Philadelphia, listen for yourself:
Video after the jump. Can you give us some insight Paulie? :lol:
I thought this was well established thanks to Eagles, Phillies and Sixers fans long before the New Black Panthers thought to 'guard' polling places to prevent white people from voting for Obama.

It is uncontested that Philly sucks. The jury's still out on whether it spits or swallows.

Last edited:
isn't philly were the police chief had a bomb dropped from a helicopter on some house with bandits held up inside? what a riot...oops, I mean what a hoot.

It was very Waco-ish....some black cult that had several apartment buildings as a compound. Women and children burned there too......but for some odd reason, no outcry from the same people who go on and on and on and on and on and on about the facist police state and Waco.

I lived near Philly when that happened. Philly mayor, Wilson Goode, who BTW was black, ok'd the police plan. A whole freakin' city block of row homes burned down.
After that happened, a local joke was told: "What does an eviction notice from Mayor Goode look like?" Then, you'd hold up a book of matches.

Forum List

Back