Jilted Glenn Beck tells nation: "Philadelphia is not a place you want to be"

If you think silencing people you disagree with is a good thing, I think you're living in the wrong country, Doggie.

Umm talk to the corporations. It was a money decision I am sure.

It's a 'silence Glen Beck' campaign from a group called Color of Change. They have a few thousand people who contact any advertiser during a Beck program and threaten them with a boycott. I fundamentally disagree with anyone attempting to silence another person because they don't like what that person says. That's the American in me.

So are you saying it took a full year and a half for the Color of Change call for a boycott to take effect? It was in the summer of 2009 that the boycott was posted on their website, resulting from Beck's claim that Obama is a racist. Unless there are literally millions who actually DO boycott something, that's usually just a threat to bring attention to an issue.

It's a 'silence Glen Beck' campaign from a group called Color of Change. They have a few thousand people who contact any advertiser during a Beck program and threaten them with a boycott. I fundamentally disagree with anyone attempting to silence another person because they don't like what that person says. That's the American in me.

Do you have any evidence that it was because of them that this happened? :eusa_eh:

I looked and couldn't find any.

And if it is not to your taste, you stay..........why?

Apparently Liberty does not think a person who moderates here should ever participate in a discussion. In the interests of free speech, no doubt.

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

pretty accurate in relation to this thread.

:lol: Did you even READ the Wiki entry? Here, I'll help you out:

Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community...

The "topic" is found under the MEDIA category discussing a very appropriate subject. Of course to further your extreme misunderstanding, you might browse through just one page under all the USMB topics and tell me which ones are not meant to enflame? The Wiki entry goes on to say:

While the term troll and its associated action trolling are primarily associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels highly subjective, with trolling being used to describe intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context.

Posting the article was NOT "trolling."

You've failed to prove that what he did was trolling?

The post wasn't inflammatory...it was a simple repost of a news item...in a local news outlet. The news item wasn't even inflammatory. So where's the trolling?

Beck has X opinion = the entire story. How Beck's someone's REAL, VERIFIED opinion be flamebaiting?

Jilted Glenn Beck tells nation: "Philadelphia is not a place you want to be" | Philly | 01/18/2011

But now that we're not listening, he told the rest of America what he really thinks of us. "Philadelphia sucks," Beck declares at the end of today's rant, which is focused on his notion -- and feel free to debate this, as I know you will -- that it's not safe to walk around the City of Brotherly Love at 6 p.m. (6 p.m.?) without getting robbed or shot. But rather than me characterizing what Beck said about Philadelphia, listen for yourself:

Video after the jump. Can you give us some insight Paulie? :lol:

Interesting! I was listening to the opening of his radio show yesterday morning while driving to work and heard him go on a rant. Even his sidekick Stu was trying to soften his words by saying it wasn't THAT bad in his own peprsonal experience. Heck, I've taken a group of Boy Scouts to Philly in 2005 and 2010 and never felt safer. I didn't realiize his rant stemmed from his show being cut there. :lol:

I worked in Philly for many years and will be soon moving back there in the next few months. After seeing most major cities in the U.S. and living in Chicago for the past 4+ years I can safely say Philly does indeed suck.

Here's why:
1. Outside of the history in Old City, there is very little in terms of recreational or sight seeing to do
2. The water ways are purely commercial and disgusting. Chicago makes EXCELLENT use of the waterfront both on the river and lake for private use as well as tourism/parks while still maintaining shipping and commercial use. You actually want to be near the water in Chicago. In Philly, if you're near the Schuylkill you're either driving an oil tanker or dumping a body.
3. The food in philly is nothing special outside of hoagies/cheesesteaks. There are some really good restaurants but nothing to write home about.
4. Philly is just a dirty, dingy city for the most part. A few nice neighborhoods surrounded by a lot of shit.
5. The people. It's all over the east coast, but philly in particular are some of the rudest pieces of shit you will ever come across. As soon as you step off the plane at PHL you can tell the difference.

And yes I will be living there again very soon. Why if I hate it so much? Because being close to family and friends is more important then the location that you live in. At least for me.

If you think silencing people you disagree with is a good thing, I think you're living in the wrong country, Doggie.

What's wrong with threatening a boycott?

When did not patronizing a show's sponsors become a crime?

When did boycotts become un-American?

LOL Listening to Beck and Hannity would lower the intelligence of a worm, so I guess it is good, if one wants the stupid and paranoiac watch Fox.

PS Philly is a great place, have biked in it for more years than most here have lived on planet earth.

"The rhetoric about hatred, about mistrust of government, about paranoia of how government operates — and to try to inflame the public on a daily basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week — has impact on people, especially (those) who are unbalanced personalities to begin with." Sheriff Clarence Dupnik

Last edited:
Upper Darby isn't bad. Bluebell is ok too. Other than that...Philly stinks.

philly.jpg

I worked in Philly for many years and will be soon moving back there in the next few months. After seeing most major cities in the U.S. and living in Chicago for the past 4+ years I can safely say Philly does indeed suck.

Here's why:
1. Outside of the history in Old City, there is very little in terms of recreational or sight seeing to do
2. The water ways are purely commercial and disgusting. Chicago makes EXCELLENT use of the waterfront both on the river and lake for private use as well as tourism/parks while still maintaining shipping and commercial use. You actually want to be near the water in Chicago. In Philly, if you're near the Schuylkill you're either driving an oil tanker or dumping a body.
3. The food in philly is nothing special outside of hoagies/cheesesteaks. There are some really good restaurants but nothing to write home about.
4. Philly is just a dirty, dingy city for the most part. A few nice neighborhoods surrounded by a lot of shit.
5. The people. It's all over the east coast, but philly in particular are some of the rudest pieces of shit you will ever come across. As soon as you step off the plane at PHL you can tell the difference.

And yes I will be living there again very soon. Why if I hate it so much? Because being close to family and friends is more important then the location that you live in. At least for me.

Doesn't W.C. Fields have on his headstone "At least I'm not in Philadelphia" ?? I agree it was one of those places I liked to visit occasionally but would never choose to live there.

Here's why:

Doesn't W.C. Fields have on his headstone "At least I'm not in Philadelphia" ?? I agree it was one of those places I liked to visit occasionally but would never choose to live there.

LOL, Does he???

Yeah, it's nice for a weekend visit but that's about it. Don't get me wrong, there are some very nice portions, but as a whole it is severely lacking.

What's wrong with threatening a boycott?

When did not patronizing a show's sponsors become a crime?

When did boycotts become un-American?

You'd think that conservatives would figure out by now that boycotts don't really work.

Money talks, and the talk radio market is basically saturated with three guys: Limbaugh, Hannity, and Beck saying the same thing.

It's no wonder they cut the two with the lower ratings.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj77f5vxpv8&feature=related[/ame]

LOL Listening to Beck and Hannity would lower the intelligence of a worm, so I guess it is good, if one wants the stupid and paranoiac watch Fox.

PS Philly is a great place, have biked in it for more years than most here have lived on planet earth.

"The rhetoric about hatred, about mistrust of government, about paranoia of how government operates — and to try to inflame the public on a daily basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week — has impact on people, especially (those) who are unbalanced personalities to begin with." Sheriff Clarence Dupnik

See Midcan lives there.

Glenn was right:p

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCZrWBktWSI&feature=related[/ame]

Here's why:

No.

As usual, you have the facts wrong, but that doesn't stop you from posting.

W.C Fields was from Philly.

Forum List

Back