Jewish Website Ask: Why do people hate the Jews?

Well, you admitted right off the bat that you don't give a damn if I like you, thus proving that what I said was true, that you don't give a damn.

So how is it "hateful" to tell you what you admitted was true?

Most Jews go about life doing what they please, saying what they please, without any forethought about how people will react, completely indifferent to whether they are hurting the feelings of others, or pissing them off.

You admit that you yourself act this way.

I also act this way myself, perhaps because I am half-Irish, and there's a lot of people who hate the Irish too.

But it's not "hateful" to tell you the truth, which you admitted to.

The fact that you think Jews should kowtow to your sensibilities to earn the privilege of you liking us is what makes you hateful - not the fact that you correctly recognize that we don't care if you don't like us.

Have you met "most" Jews? Or did you mean "most of the (very few) Jews I've met, which I've decided to use to stereotype all Jews with"?
I've met lots of Jews.

All 16 million?
Don't be ridiculous Doc,steve

Who is "Steve"?
Steve is my real name..........at least you acknowledge I have a head,I have not been rude to you,you need to look at some of your responses.....and give a shit,and stop taking things personally Doc,you have no need to.....I don't hate you...........steven

Why Do People Hate The Jews?

It has been said that the history of almost all of the Jewish holidays can be summed up succinctly: "They wanted to kill us; we won. Let's eat." Why has anti-Semitism been so pervasive in so many countries, in so many time periods and for so many reasons? (One begins to wonder. Perhaps there is something wrong with the Jews and Judaism? After all, there is an old Yiddish saying -- "If one person calls you a donkey, ignore him; if two people call you a donkey, buy a saddle.")

Between the years 250 CE and 1948 CE - a period of 1,700 years - Jews have experienced more than eighty expulsions from various countries in Europe - an average of nearly one expulsion every twenty-one years. Jews were expelled from England, France, Austria, Germany, Lithuania, Spain, Portugal, Bohemia, Moravia and seventy-one other countries.

Historians have classified six explanations as to why people hate the Jews:

1. Economic -- "We hate Jews because they possess too much wealth and power."
  2. Chosen People -- "We hate Jews because they arrogantly claim that they are the chosen people."
  3. Scapegoat -- "Jews are a convenient group to single out and blame for our troubles."
  4. Deicide -- "We hate Jews because they killed Jesus."
  5. Outsiders, -- "We hate Jews because they are different than us." (The dislike of the unlike.)
  6. Racial Theory -- "We hate Jews because they are an inferior race."

As we examine the explanations,
we must ask -- Are they the causes for anti-Semitism or excuses for Anti-Semitism? The difference? If one takes away the cause, then anti-Semitism should no longer exist. If one can show a contradiction to the explanation, it demonstrates that the "cause" is not a reason, it is just an excuse. Let's look at some contradictions:

1. Economic -- The Jews of 17th- 20th century Poland and Russia were dirt poor, had no influence and yet they were hated.
  2. Chosen People -- a) In the late 19th century, the Jews of Germany denied "Choseness." And then they worked on assimilation. Yet, the holocaust started there. b) Christians and Moslems profess to being the "Chosen people," yet, the world and the anti-Semites tolerate them.
  3. Scapegoat -- Any group must already be hated to be an effective scapegoat. The Scapegoat Theory does not then cause anti-Semitism. Rather, anti-Semitism is what makes the Jews a convenient scapegoat target. Hitler's ranting and ravings would not be taken seriously if he said, "It's the bicycle riders and the midgets who are destroying our society."
  4. Deicide -- a) the Christian Bible says the Romans killed Jesus, though Jews are mentioned as accomplices (claims that Jews killed Jesus came several hundred years later). How come the accomplices are persecuted and there isn't an anti-Roman movement through history? b) Jesus himself said, "Forgive them [i.e., the Jews], for they know not what they do." The Second Vatican Council in 1963 officially exonerated the Jews as the killers of Jesus. Neither statement of Christian belief lessened anti-Semitism.
  5. Outsiders -- With the Enlightenment in the late 18th century, many Jews rushed to assimilate. Anti-Semitism should have stopped. Instead, for example, with the Nazis came the cry, in essence: "We hate you, not because you're different, but because you're trying to become like us! We cannot allow you to infect the Aryan race with your inferior genes."
  6. Racial Theory -- The overriding problem with this theory is that it is self-contradictory: Jews are not a race. Anyone can become a Jew - and members of every race, creed and color in the world have done so at one time or another.

Every other hated group is hated for a relatively defined reason.
We Jews, however, are hated in paradoxes: Jews are hated for being a lazy and inferior race - but also for dominating the economy and taking over the world. We are hated for stubbornly maintaining our separateness - and, when we do assimilate - for posing a threat to racial purity through intermarriages. We are seen as pacifists and as warmongers; as capitalist exploiters and as revolutionary communists; possessed of a Chosen-People mentality, as well as of an inferiority complex. It seems that we just can't win.

Now we know what are NOT the reasons for anti-Semitism.

This Jewish website asks why (many) people hate Jews, but none of the answers they give are even close to the right answer.

So I'm going to throw it out there to all forum Jews, why do you think (many) people hate the Jews?

My guess is, none of you will know the answer to this question.
In my own studies of history I have also wondered the same thing.

After all, nobody hates Hindus. Nobody hates Buddhists either.

My own conclusions were as follows.

Rebellion -- the Romans persecuted the Jews at Jerusalem because they rebelled.

Superstition -- the Europeans persecuted the Jews because the Europeans thought God was punishing the Europeans over the Jews anytime there was a plague or famine etc.

Envy -- the European persecuted the Jews because they were envious of their wealth from the banking and the jewelry industries.

Greed -- the European kings wanted to confiscate the Jews' wealth.

Bureaucracy -- Adolf claimed that during WW1 there was a disproportionate amount of Jews working behind the lines and not at the front.

Monopoly -- Adolf claimed that the Jews were controlling unions and banking.

:lol:

Nobody hates Hindus or Buddhists?

You don't know much about Chinese or Indian history, do you?
You are completely wrong there Doc,have you not seen the viscious fighting between the Hindus against the Sikhs,Muslims and Buddhists in India over the past 30 years...........st

Last edited:
The fact that you think Jews should kowtow to your sensibilities to earn the privilege of you liking us is what makes you hateful - not the fact that you correctly recognize that we don't care if you don't like us.

Have you met "most" Jews? Or did you mean "most of the (very few) Jews I've met, which I've decided to use to stereotype all Jews with"?
I've met lots of Jews.

All 16 million?
Don't be ridiculous Doc,steve

Who is "Steve"?
Steve is my real name..........at least you acknowledge I have a head,I have not been rude to you,you need to look at some of your responses.....and give a shit,and stop taking things personally Doc,you have no need to.....I don't hate you...........steven

Ok. Hi Steve!

I have not been rude to you, either - nor have I taken anything personally, other than stereotypes and generalizations about a group that I happen to belong to.

I think you might not have the whole story here - this thread just happened to be started after me and Blackrook got into it in another one of his anti-Semitic threads. Much of my interaction with him/her are continuations from that thread.

You shouldn't take my tendency to be acerbic "personally".

Why Do People Hate The Jews?

It has been said that the history of almost all of the Jewish holidays can be summed up succinctly: "They wanted to kill us; we won. Let's eat." Why has anti-Semitism been so pervasive in so many countries, in so many time periods and for so many reasons? (One begins to wonder. Perhaps there is something wrong with the Jews and Judaism? After all, there is an old Yiddish saying -- "If one person calls you a donkey, ignore him; if two people call you a donkey, buy a saddle.")

Between the years 250 CE and 1948 CE - a period of 1,700 years - Jews have experienced more than eighty expulsions from various countries in Europe - an average of nearly one expulsion every twenty-one years. Jews were expelled from England, France, Austria, Germany, Lithuania, Spain, Portugal, Bohemia, Moravia and seventy-one other countries.

Historians have classified six explanations as to why people hate the Jews:

1. Economic -- "We hate Jews because they possess too much wealth and power."
  2. Chosen People -- "We hate Jews because they arrogantly claim that they are the chosen people."
  3. Scapegoat -- "Jews are a convenient group to single out and blame for our troubles."
  4. Deicide -- "We hate Jews because they killed Jesus."
  5. Outsiders, -- "We hate Jews because they are different than us." (The dislike of the unlike.)
  6. Racial Theory -- "We hate Jews because they are an inferior race."

As we examine the explanations,
we must ask -- Are they the causes for anti-Semitism or excuses for Anti-Semitism? The difference? If one takes away the cause, then anti-Semitism should no longer exist. If one can show a contradiction to the explanation, it demonstrates that the "cause" is not a reason, it is just an excuse. Let's look at some contradictions:

1. Economic -- The Jews of 17th- 20th century Poland and Russia were dirt poor, had no influence and yet they were hated.
  2. Chosen People -- a) In the late 19th century, the Jews of Germany denied "Choseness." And then they worked on assimilation. Yet, the holocaust started there. b) Christians and Moslems profess to being the "Chosen people," yet, the world and the anti-Semites tolerate them.
  3. Scapegoat -- Any group must already be hated to be an effective scapegoat. The Scapegoat Theory does not then cause anti-Semitism. Rather, anti-Semitism is what makes the Jews a convenient scapegoat target. Hitler's ranting and ravings would not be taken seriously if he said, "It's the bicycle riders and the midgets who are destroying our society."
  4. Deicide -- a) the Christian Bible says the Romans killed Jesus, though Jews are mentioned as accomplices (claims that Jews killed Jesus came several hundred years later). How come the accomplices are persecuted and there isn't an anti-Roman movement through history? b) Jesus himself said, "Forgive them [i.e., the Jews], for they know not what they do." The Second Vatican Council in 1963 officially exonerated the Jews as the killers of Jesus. Neither statement of Christian belief lessened anti-Semitism.
  5. Outsiders -- With the Enlightenment in the late 18th century, many Jews rushed to assimilate. Anti-Semitism should have stopped. Instead, for example, with the Nazis came the cry, in essence: "We hate you, not because you're different, but because you're trying to become like us! We cannot allow you to infect the Aryan race with your inferior genes."
  6. Racial Theory -- The overriding problem with this theory is that it is self-contradictory: Jews are not a race. Anyone can become a Jew - and members of every race, creed and color in the world have done so at one time or another.

Every other hated group is hated for a relatively defined reason.
We Jews, however, are hated in paradoxes: Jews are hated for being a lazy and inferior race - but also for dominating the economy and taking over the world. We are hated for stubbornly maintaining our separateness - and, when we do assimilate - for posing a threat to racial purity through intermarriages. We are seen as pacifists and as warmongers; as capitalist exploiters and as revolutionary communists; possessed of a Chosen-People mentality, as well as of an inferiority complex. It seems that we just can't win.

Now we know what are NOT the reasons for anti-Semitism.

This Jewish website asks why (many) people hate Jews, but none of the answers they give are even close to the right answer.

So I'm going to throw it out there to all forum Jews, why do you think (many) people hate the Jews?

My guess is, none of you will know the answer to this question.
In my own studies of history I have also wondered the same thing.

After all, nobody hates Hindus. Nobody hates Buddhists either.

My own conclusions were as follows.

Rebellion -- the Romans persecuted the Jews at Jerusalem because they rebelled.

Superstition -- the Europeans persecuted the Jews because the Europeans thought God was punishing the Europeans over the Jews anytime there was a plague or famine etc.

Envy -- the European persecuted the Jews because they were envious of their wealth from the banking and the jewelry industries.

Greed -- the European kings wanted to confiscate the Jews' wealth.

Bureaucracy -- Adolf claimed that during WW1 there was a disproportionate amount of Jews working behind the lines and not at the front.

Monopoly -- Adolf claimed that the Jews were controlling unions and banking.

Nobody hates Hindus or Buddhists?

You don't know much about Chinese or Indian history, do you?
You are completely wrong there Doc,have you not seen the viscious fighting between the Hindus against the Siks,Muslims and Buddhists in India over the past 30 years...........st

I think you may have misunderstood my post.

I was employing sarcasm, I am well aware of the vicious fighting between Hindus, Sikhs, Muslims and Buddhists in the subcontinent, and that's actually exactly the point that I was trying to make.

They killed Jesus!!! :mad:

No god and Jesus killed Jesus. Death by Roman cop.

Jews were the audience of the spectacle, TV news video of cop shooting.

If Jesus had not died, there would be no Christianity, just a jewish sect following the teaching of its rabbi.

The whole thing was planned from birth, according to Christians, to be the sacrificial lamb for the world's sins.

Even the Pope said the jews were not to blame.

Being seen as the king of the jew, jesus was a threat to rome. I threat to their puppet king.

Hate has nothing to do with 'reason'. It is, in fact, unreasonable to hate. People hate due to limited understanding, of themselves and the universe.
'Jews' are no worse and no better than any other identifiable group. They are a small minority, however, and, thus, a relatively easy target.

Blackrook you are making one grave error in assessing this. You are stereo typing traits like certain "don't care" attitudes from a few on a whole, even though you admit people like yourself have that trait which is equal through the population. However in the case of that trait in Jews you can attribute the "I got a spine, I'll speak my mind attitude" to Needing to defend oneself or stick up for justices either by ethics and standards or as survival especially when NY or N.E. Jews you'll see that trait more.
Well you see that in NY'ers in general.
The point is it's the result of the abuses not the attraction to the abusers, and if so it would circular cause affect.

Which brings us to this being answered already with Kohn and Bells theorems. Notice it's always the evil inclined who single out Jews or races in general doing hiddeously evil acts. One entity wants life stable & perfected, the opposing force wants death and destruction and despair.
The more one brings life advanced & full there will be opposite affects needing to pull it back down. Fate, Time, history does not like being changed or manipulated and these opposing forces keep that in line.
I believe the show Twelve Monkeys dwells on that concept theory. And that is why they become the sacrifice and suffering servants, chosen to suffer trying to make you Shalem.

I think it's because Jews don't even care if people like them. That's why.
:laugh:

Good answer.

I've never understood this either. Granted, I'm not religious, so I'm missing that component. It's just always seemed like there was some kind of narrative that I didn't know about.

The virulent, psychopathic loathing of Jews by the Nazis is the obvious example, one of humanity's darkest periods. I wish I could travel back in time and get in the head of one of those nuts. How in the world can you hate another human being, one who has done precisely nothing to you, to that degree?

But even this everyday dislike of Jews is a mystery to me.

Good answer.

I've never understood this either. Granted, I'm not religious, so I'm missing that component. It's just always seemed like there was some kind of narrative that I didn't know about.

The virulent, psychopathic loathing of Jews by the Nazis is the obvious example, one of humanity's darkest periods. I wish I could travel back in time and get in the head of one of those nuts. How in the world can you hate another human being, one who has done precisely nothing to you, to that degree?

I think you should read a little farther down the page.

Good answer.

Specifically....?

Good answer.

Specifically....?

Specifically, you should read down far enough to see where Blackrook expanded on his OP to include himself in those who dislike Jews, for the reason quoted above.

Good answer.

Specifically....?

Specifically, you should read down far enough to see where Blackrook expanded on his OP to include himself in those who dislike Jews, for the reason quoted above.
That has nothing to do with my post.

If this is some kind of partisan political squabble, I'm not interested.

Good answer.

Specifically....?

No, it's not a "partisan squabble", it's me laughing at you agreeing with the openly anti-Semitic OP.

Interesting question but a simple answer, people just hate other people, reason can be simple or complex, rational to them or completely paranoid nonsense, doesn't matter. There is no reason or rather lots.

Someone above mentioned Hindus and Buddhists as not hated, that question depends on who you ask, they too hate each other and others hate them, check the news. No group or person is exempt from this universal human trait.

In America today there is much hatred of government, the very institution that defends and protects them. Figure that out.

Look at homophobia, or Hillary Hatred, Or immigrant hatred? Or racist hatred? Now transgender people are hated by many.

I do think and experience hatred as stronger in the closed mind, in the conservative mind, in the narrow view that this is right and they are wrong.

It comes in varying levels and degrees and I think 'Hatred' gives meaning to people's lives, it gives them focus, it comforts them, it allows shared feeling and commitment.

That's the harder question, why does it fill the hearts and souls of so many people? In America this election has brought its ugly head front and center.

"The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. ¶ Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privilege position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. ¶ The earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand. ¶ It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known." Carl Sagan

"Conservatism is the theoretical voice of this animus against the agency of the subordinate classes. It provides the most consistent and profound argument as to why the lower orders should not be allowed to exercise their independent will, why they should not be allowed to govern themselves or the polity. Submission is their first duty, agency, the prerogative of the elite." Corey Robin 'The Reactionary Mind'

"The American far Right, with its white supremacism, fascination with guns and explosives, profound hatred for the Federal government, poses the biggest terrorism threat in the country by far. Worse, they receive support from right wing media in the US because they hate taxes just the way the ultra-conservative media moguls do. Although their attacks are ideological, directed at civilian victims and violent, they are seldom categorized as ‘terrorists.’ Rather what they do is “mass shootings.” In the meantime, plots hatched by Muslims in the US during the past few years appear almost always to be a form of entrapment by the FBI." Top 3 White Terrorist Attacks in America this Week

"We first kill people with our minds, before we kill them with weapons. Whatever the conflict, the enemy is always the destroyer. We're on God's side; they're barbaric. We're good, they're evil. War gives us a feeling of moral clarity that we lack at other times." Sam Keen

Last edited:

Good answer.

Specifically....?

No, it's not a "partisan squabble", it's me laughing at you agreeing with the openly anti-Semitic OP.
Okay, whatever. My post stands on its own, you can go back to your little online slap fight.

This section became known as Yevsektsia (alternative spelling: Yevsektsiya — the acronym of the department name in Russian) and was run by Jews.

These Jewish communists were incredibly ruthless in stamping out any type of religious activity by fellow Jews. They killed rabbis, closed the yeshivos and synagogues, banned all religious practices, and enforced it by getting friends to turn in neighbors, children to turn in parents and send them to Siberia for observing the religion. It was the Yevsektsia more than anything else that destroyed the Jewish community in Russia. (by Rabbi Berel Wein)

http://www.jewishhistory.org/jewish-europe-between-the-wars/

http://www.jewishdestiny.com/about/team-destiny/

They take what belongs to others and try and make it their own. They are never at fault although they are. They have made WWII all about them. The self proclaimed themselves the "chosen ones".
They claim divine right to Israel at the expense of the Palestinians, although most are secular, and originated in other countries. The Orthodox ones are zealots and are ruthless as a whole as well and do not assimulate with others.
They as a whole dislike Christianity, but like our money and want it, and want us to fight their wars.
They control the Fed for the last 35 years, and are over represented in gov. positions (Supreme Court) , ACLU, and frankly have taken over the US with AIPAC.
Men like Carl Icahn destroy other companies for the love of money, as well as Bernie Mandoff, among many others.
They cry anti Semitism, (they have taken that term and even made it their own) and are above international law.
They are the king and instigator of false flags.

If those are not enough let me know.

(PS: Hate is a strong emotion of which I have little emotion of them, but disgust would be a better term, yet I like many of them as actors, but then again they are acting)

This section became known as Yevsektsia (alternative spelling: Yevsektsiya — the acronym of the department name in Russian) and was run by Jews.

These Jewish communists were incredibly ruthless in stamping out any type of religious activity by fellow Jews. They killed rabbis, closed the yeshivos and synagogues, banned all religious practices, and enforced it by getting friends to turn in neighbors, children to turn in parents and send them to Siberia for observing the religion. It was the Yevsektsia more than anything else that destroyed the Jewish community in Russia. (by Rabbi Berel Wein)

http://www.jewishhistory.org/jewish-europe-between-the-wars/

http://www.jewishdestiny.com/about/team-destiny/

They take what belongs to others and try and make it their own. They are never at fault although they are. They have made WWII all about them. The self proclaimed themselves the "chosen ones".
They claim divine right to Israel at the expense of the Palestinians, although most are secular, and originated in other countries. The Orthodox ones are zealots and are ruthless as a whole as well and do not assimulate with others.
They as a whole dislike Christianity, but like our money and want it, and want us to fight their wars.
They control the Fed for the last 35 years, and are over represented in gov. positions (Supreme Court) , ACLU, and frankly have taken over the US with AIPAC.
Men like Carl Icahn destroy other companies for the love of money, as well as Bernie Mandoff, among many others.
They cry anti Semitism, (they have taken that term and even made it their own) and are above international law.
They are the king and instigator of false flags.

If those are not enough let me know.

(PS: Hate is a strong emotion of which I have little emotion of them, but disgust would be a better term, yet I like many of them as actors, but then again they are acting)

And here we go...

Jews have long been a minority. They've maintained a close culture, a religion that they are born into, they don't proselytize and historically kept themselves to themselves and observed their codes.. Any minority that is a cultural "outsider" tends to be regarded with suspician ripe with conspiracy theory. Because religious laws of the dominant countries placed restrictions on Jews abilities to follow certain occupation or even own land and, in Christian and Muslim countries restricted followers from money changing professions, when Jews took on those professions and became successful, they became hated.

Jews have the misfortion of being blamed for killing the prophet of the dominant world religion for centuries, and of being a minority in any place they've resided until recently. Religious tolerance was not regarded as a virtue historically. Most of the reasons Jews are hated are the perpetration of anti-semitic stereotypes.

Forum List

Back