Jewish stereotypes ultrasensative or OK

britgyll

Rookie
Mar 7, 2011
Hi R&E people... I just searched the web for 10 minutes looking for the right forum to ask these things that are on my mind about this kind of religious thing I have been reading on the web for a couple months. I am not a frequent poster on discussion groups so I am not that familiar about how this works so I am just going to treat it like I am asking people their opinion about something at a party in real life. I actually would literally just ask people in real life that might be able to answer these hard questions I have but they get offended when I ask them. So first let me introduce myself like I'm meeting you in real life. I am a college student. My name is Britney. I am attractive I think (if that matters) and I dress well. I think people think I am smart. I have a good GPA and dont watch reality TV...LOL. I am not Jewish though I have some Jewish people in my extended family.

Why is it not ok to talk about Jewish stereotypes? For example I just asked a girl I know why the stereotype exists that Jewish people are cheap and she got extremely offended. I wasn't saying I believe they are cheap I was just asking why it exists. Jeeze louise.

This was all spurned because I was looking at this guy's blog. I was weirded about by it at first. This guy calls himself the annoying jew. He is Jewish. I have never seen anything like that. My first impression was that I was insulted and then I thought, hmm...this seems interesting and now I'm addicted to the disjointed things he writes about and I don't know why. I have been tempted to post on it but it still seems outrageous on some levels, or wrong to participate in it... AnnoyingJew.com

I don't know for sure whether this would be a good guy to ask anyway. I think I see the point of his blog sometimes but then other times it seems satirical and that's not what I am interested in.

Anyway my point of asking all this is that it seems everyone else can talk about the funny things about their religion except Jewish people. Are they the only ones that can even talk about the ideas in their religion that seem annoying to other people?

HELP. Please :)

Hi R&E people... I just searched the web for 10 minutes looking for the right forum to ask these things that are on my mind about this kind of religious thing I have been reading on the web for a couple months. I am not a frequent poster on discussion groups so I am not that familiar about how this works so I am just going to treat it like I am asking people their opinion about something at a party in real life. I actually would literally just ask people in real life that might be able to answer these hard questions I have but they get offended when I ask them. So first let me introduce myself like I'm meeting you in real life. I am a college student. My name is Britney. I am attractive I think (if that matters) and I dress well. I think people think I am smart. I have a good GPA and dont watch reality TV...LOL. I am not Jewish though I have some Jewish people in my extended family.

Why is it not ok to talk about Jewish stereotypes? For example I just asked a girl I know why the stereotype exists that Jewish people are cheap and she got extremely offended. I wasn't saying I believe they are cheap I was just asking why it exists. Jeeze louise.

This was all spurned because I was looking at this guy's blog. I was weirded about by it at first. This guy calls himself the annoying jew. He is Jewish. I have never seen anything like that. My first impression was that I was insulted and then I thought, hmm...this seems interesting and now I'm addicted to the disjointed things he writes about and I don't know why. I have been tempted to post on it but it still seems outrageous on some levels, or wrong to participate in it... AnnoyingJew.com

I don't know for sure whether this would be a good guy to ask anyway. I think I see the point of his blog sometimes but then other times it seems satirical and that's not what I am interested in.

Anyway my point of asking all this is that it seems everyone else can talk about the funny things about their religion except Jewish people. Are they the only ones that can even talk about the ideas in their religion that seem annoying to other people?

JMO, but it could be because they think they are the 'perfect' race/religion and their ideas should not be 'annoying' if it is perfect.

:dunno:

JMO, but it could be because they think they are the 'perfect' race/religion and their ideas should not be 'annoying' if it is perfect.

In much the same way that those of every other religion think theirs is the perfect religion...or are you just an anti-semite?

In much the same way that those of every other religion think theirs is the perfect religion...or are you just an anti-semite?

The only perfect religion will be when Jesus returns and we all live under God's law and Government. Until then man runs things, including all the religions and no man is perfect. Thus nothing man does can be perfect.

Umm, well, I don't agree with them if that is what you mean. However, I do not wish harm for them either. Though I do wish justice on those who brake the law or twist it to suit themselves. If that makes me an anti-semite then yes, but I don't consider myself to be one.

And yes, you are right, there are those of every other religion who think theirs is the perfect religion. But at least you can talk to them about it without them getting mad at you, or most of them anyway.

You obviously lead a sheltered life. Some of the funniest jokes againsts Jews have been told by Jews!

Umm, well, I don't agree with them if that is what you mean. However, I do not wish harm for them either. Though I do wish justice on those who brake the law or twist it to suit themselves. If that makes me an anti-semite then yes, but I don't consider myself to be one.

WTF does that mean? Would you not also wish justice on ANYONE who breaks the law regardless of religion! :cuckoo:

And yes, you are right, there are those of every other religion who think theirs is the perfect religion. But at least you can talk to them about it without them getting mad at you, or most of them anyway.

Really? In my experience there are just as many muslims, christians, jews, etc etc who get mad as hell when you start criticising their religion. One only has to look at some of the threads here to see just how true that is.

In my experience there are two topics guaranteed to raise the blood pressure and evoke argument and backbiting...politics and religion.

Geez I wish that were the case. Look at my thread about God killing the first borns and see how many of the protesters push the "I'm offended and mad at you!" button without even trying to answer the question.

Why not go ask a ****** why he likes to steal and rape so much? Why not ask a Muslim why they like to blow up people in the name of a pedophile mass-murder? And then be perplexed when they are offended! :eusa_eh:

Ask for your tuition dollars back, because your college education isn't making you any more intelligent!

And I hope you're good looking, because you're not making it with your brain!

Stereotypes are a replacement for thought and observation. Depending on them or believing in them is never constructive.

This is not just a Jewish thing, it is also albanian, arkansanan, armenian, etc etc zimbabwaen good sense.

As a forinstance, I deal with muslims and orientals on a daily basis. None of whom conform to any preconceived notion of what they are supposed to be like, as opposed to us who are not them.

No on the subject of Jewish and thought, you might investigate a Jewish concept called "Loshen Hora." google it and read and learn. Essentially it is a prohibition and a study of gossip. One does not discuss people behind their backs. It is rude and it leads to lies.

So the basic rule is discussing stereotypes is discussing ways to be stupid, and gossip is sinful bad manners.

I don't know why the heck you wouldn't know what I'm talking about. If you had read my question and related it to this idiot's blog AnnoyingJew.com you would see it's an important question I ask. I am saying why are they so sensitive to discussing the origin of stereotypes?

The weird thing is when I read this moron's blog I do think he's kind of annoying and it kind of reminds me of people I know who are Jewish.

Is the guy with the blog an antisemite and should I avoid reading it because it's evil or is it just funny?

Is the guy with the blog an antisemite and should I avoid reading it because it's evil or is it just funny?

They don't understand e-marketing, Mickey.

Its a good design, the content seems fine. The more provocative, the better.

But you should include the link a little more. Some of them will figure out what you're up to, but its all about the click through. Also, go ahead and upload a pic as your avatar, and make it fit "Brit's" description. Sex will always sell.

Best of luck.

They don't understand e-marketing, Mickey.

Its a good design, the content seems fine. The more provocative, the better.

But you should include the link a little more. Some of them will figure out what you're up to, but its all about the click through. Also, go ahead and upload a pic as your avatar, and make it fit "Brit's" description. Sex will always sell.

Best of luck.

I am confused, WHO doesn't understand e-marketing?

Forum List

Back