Jewish stereotypes ultrasensative or OK

The premise makes perfect sense. Some Jews are exceptionally quick to take offense and label people bigots.
So are some "whites"...I suppose you have a point?

listen carefully, strawlady------the OP asked about Jews specifically. My point was the premise made sense.
The OP did not ask about whites or that could have been adressed in the answer too but it seemed a bit superfluous.

When I get called an anti-semite for questioning our foreign aid to Israel I think someone has gone over the top.

So, someone calls you an anti-semite for something you say. So what? It's discussion and far worse than that is said here.

That's the person's opinion. Attempting to attach that person's views to a declaration against what?

You being called an anti-semite to all the world's Jews?

Grow up.

Regarding stereotypes. Go to my profile and look at my nose.

:razz:
dillo is a little sensitive...

So was I about my nose when I was young. Later on I found that a large nose was not all that terrible a characteristic in North America.

In Israel? Didn't do a thing for me. :razz:

So, someone calls you an anti-semite for something you say. So what? It's discussion and far worse than that is said here.

That's the person's opinion. Attempting to attach that person's views to a declaration against what?

You being called an anti-semite to all the world's Jews?

Grow up.

Regarding stereotypes. Go to my profile and look at my nose.

:razz:

So was I about my nose when I was young. Later on I found that a large nose was not all that terrible a characteristic in North America.

Maybe North American Jews are a bit sensitive about all the steroetypes attributed to them.
We could be onto something.

Maybe North American Jews are a bit sensitive about all the steroetypes attributed to them.

Maybe all people are sensitive about the stereotypes about them?

All you are onto is inanity and an attempt to detach a human foible from humanity and reattach it to a singular people.

Fail...

The premise makes perfect sense. Some Jews are exceptionally quick to take offense and label people bigots.

listen carefully, strawlady------the OP asked about Jews specifically. My point was the premise made sense.
The OP did not ask about whites or that could have been adressed in the answer too but it seemed a bit superfluous.
:rolleyes: You're an idiot..the question was a strawman...but your answer proves definitively that you embrace strawmen that agree with you.

Maybe all people are sensitive about the stereotypes about them?

All you are onto is inanity and an attempt to detach a human foible from humanity and reattach it to a singular people.

Fail...

That's true. What the OP is griping about is that it's no longer acceptable to be anti-semitic in our culture.

Bravo to that.

:rolleyes: You're an idiot..the question was a strawman...but your answer proves definitively that you embrace strawmen that agree with you.

damn---I usually try to kick people who agree with me----:eusa_doh:

This discribes My grandparents pretty well. :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aJ63JhvpTA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aJ63JhvpTA[/ame]

Stereotypes aren't just a Jewish thing. Russians are drunks, Japanese are perverts, Germans are ass kissers, French believe in baptizing the wine and the milk, koreans are pinchpennies, Arabs like to smile to your face as they slip the dirk in your back, English are blowhards, Italians prefer discretion to valor, etc etc.

We can play this game all day. Not that it has any connection to reality. A stereotype is what is in your head, not what actually exists. Are there jews out there who are miserly and argumentative over trivia? I am sure there are. Given the conditions of the Ghettos of europe over the last 500 years keeping close watch over the pennies is healthy. And any group of people who are willing to look down their noses at folks who want them to renounce their own stupid in favor of the stupid of the herd around them or suffer the consequences must like being contrary for its own sake.

Stereotypes aren't just a Jewish thing. Russians are drunks, Japanese are perverts, Germans are ass kissers, French believe in baptizing the wine and the milk, koreans are pinchpennies, Arabs like to smile to your face as they slip the dirk in your back, English are blowhards, Italians prefer discretion to valor, etc etc.

We can play this game all day. Not that it has any connection to reality. A stereotype is what is in your head, not what actually exists. Are there jews out there who are miserly and argumentative over trivia? I am sure there are. Given the conditions of the Ghettos of europe over the last 500 years keeping close watch over the pennies is healthy. And any group of people who are willing to look down their noses at folks who want them to renounce their own stupid in favor of the stupid of the herd around them or suffer the consequences must like being contrary for its own sake.

Stereotypes have no connection to reality ? None ?

That's right. Stereotypes have no connection to reality. They are assumptions, generalizations. Bigots are always complaining about PC. They hate to be 'culturally sensitive' or any kind of sensitive. They delight in cruelty.

There. That's an example of a stereotype of a bigot.

Last edited:
Uh you didn't read this blog that was the whole impetus for the discussion. It's offensive but he is Jewish, or so he claims, and is not a self-hating Jew. AnnoyingJew.com

It seems to me she's just pushing this blog.

That is accurate. I am pushing the blog because it is perfectly Germane to this discussion and I am the fricking person who started the thread because the blog effected me negatively. I asked people to help me and now they are off on some annoying tangenent. Well I said it was "accurate" but it is not totally accurate to say "just" pushing it. The blog is not the point in and of itself, but my feelings toward it.

You obviously lead a sheltered life. Some of the funniest jokes againsts Jews have been told by Jews!

Maybe they tell the funniest jokes, but not the most macabre jokes.
Or do you know, why German Jews receive less retirement-payments from the social systems then the other Germans?

A Chinese, a Russian, a German and a Jew drive train.

The Chinese opens the window, throws away some $ and says:
"We have enough of them"

The Russian throws a bottle of Vodka out of the window:
"We have enough of them"

Now the Jew looks at the German and says:
"Be careful what you do".

Jesus walks into a motel, throws a bag of nails on the counter and says: "Can you put me up for the night?"

Stereotypes have no connection to reality ? None ?

Not always true there is some basis too them, but if you rely on them too much to form your opinion of an certain individuals, then that is where you can lead to troubles.

My dad was a bigot. He was prejudiced to the core -- and the one race he truly hated the most were the humans.

Forum List

Back