Jesus was a street preacher.

captain.obvious+to+the+rescue.jpg

Is it not more appropriate to call Jesus a traveling preacher?

He did travel all over Israel and its neighbors spreading his message. A street preacher tend to stay in a preferred city and preach to the public there. Jesus was a bit more expansive in practice.

he had no church to preach in.

True, as were the apostles. But the people are the church and not the building so he did have a church congregation to preach to. If you think of the OT I get the feeling that God never really wanted a permanant structure for his followers. Temple for many years was a well made tent. God did eventually have Solomon build the Temple but I get the feeling it's because it was what the people wanted and not necessarily God who wanted the Permanent structure so it doesn't surprise me it's the route the Son took also.

Christ preached in synagogues, the Temple, and people's homes all the time. He also preached in the open.

Goes to show that there is no place that we shouldnt share the Word of God.

He wasn't a preacher at all.

He was God incarnate. He spoke with the authority of God, because he was God, in the flesh.

And the church isn't a building, it's the saved.

Jesus put people over profits too

Not sure what that has to do with this thread, but as mentioned before you make profits by serving people.

Avatar: Christ preached in synagogues, the Temple, and people's homes all the time. He also preached in the open.

Goes to show that there is no place that we shouldnt share the Word of God.

Not sure what that has to do with this thread, but as mentioned before you make profits by serving people.

the interpretation posibly would be - - "Christ preached in synagogues, the Temple, and people's homes", is placing profit before the Word of God that JC would not have done.

If Jesus tried that in 21st Century America he'd be arrested in a very short time.

Forum List

Back