Jesus was a liberal? & Thou Shalt Not Kill

Originally posted by Spirit_Soul
Fact: Morals even though they only are developed through cultural influence exist to maintain harmony in the society. You have to agree with me on this point.

Do they? Or do they exist because they were given to us by a supreme Being who knows, better than we do, how we should live our lives?

My opinion: Ofcourse the morals are needed to have certain balance and sanity in the society but we should not take them to such an extreme that they start disrupting the very sanity of the public.
You may say that the moral values of the majority dominate thus making all the individuals subordinate to those values whether they like them or not. But If that were an absolute law in this universe then we could say that there wouldn't be an independent state of America, you would still be "british" and I would be somewhere bound to my dead spouse and burned alive in India.

What I said was exactly the opposite: "While democratic societies obviously change their laws from time to time, what is morally right or wrong cannot be determined by majority rule." It is either morally right or morally wrong to bury a woman alive with her dead husband, regardless of the cultural norms. (BTW - I have to believe that this is wrong.)

I am not saying that let the murderers murder and rapers rape, and we should not even go there because they are the extremities of this issue. The problem arises when the freedom of certain individuals is threatened with out them harming anyone and due to something which they cannot control (sexual orientation).
Today, the homosexuals while practicing their own sexual orientation do not cause any sort of damage externally to any one. If they are taking health risks it is limited to themselves and not to other people. How can you compare a horrible experience such as rape to homosexuality? Please explain this to me.
Anyway, the point is this : Homosexuals are not hurting anyone, leave them alone.

First, I don't think that homosexuality is something which a person cannot control; it is a lifestyle choice. In fact, many in the gay community are coming out (no pun intended) and saying as much.
Secondly, the reason that I talked about rape and murder is because it shows that moral relativism is not valid. I realize they are extreme examples; that's why I used them.

Actually no one does{much care if God exists or not}, they just think they care and make a big fuss about it.
That is why the statement, "You, me, and the rest of the people here or anywhere are no better than lesbians and gays" is absolutely right.

Actually, I care very much.

"First, I don't think that homosexuality is something which a person cannot control; it is a lifestyle choice. In fact, many in the gay community are coming out (no pun intended) and saying as much.
Secondly, the reason that I talked about rape and murder is because it shows that moral relativism is not valid. I realize they are extreme examples; that's why I used them."

I have to disagree with you on this one Jeff. I realize that "coming out" is making a lifestyle choice, but I truly believe there is something in the genes that gives people these desires that to us seem strange and sinful. I work with quite a few homosexuals and lesbians, and like I said before, we have a lesbian in our family. One man I work with is an elder in his Church, practices his religion to the nth degree. Not sure of the other's religious lifestyles, but can only judge them on the morality I see. They, more that a lot of others in our company, are caring, compassionate and true friends. And isn't that what our Lord taught us?

LOL!!!! we going to have a COW ROAST!

Yeah, maybe we should get something like that going.

I know where you can get some cheap and very fresh slave rabbits...

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Do they? Or do they exist because they were given to us by a supreme Being who knows, better than we do, how we should live our lives?

First, I don't think that homosexuality is something which a person cannot control; it is a lifestyle choice.

Oh please do not say it is a lifestyle choice, that is totally incorrect. A person never chooses to be gay, He/she is made gay.

It is common sense that no one chooses to be an object of harrassment and discrimination. To say that one does so would be completely idiotic.

Also gop_Jeff, if you truly care about the existence of a Supreme Entity, then there is nothing more to discuss, because I assume that you will forgive all those 'sinners' by thinking of them as the children of God(special in their own way, even if they have abnormal sexual orientation by your view)

Also, I assume that you forgive every one in your life and talk to them in the same way you talk to your intimate friends no matter what the circumstance.

Then I guess I admire you :clap1:

About the camping pics:
I really don't care if they are real or not. I was only focusing on how the guy barfs all over himself :D

I want to see that happen all over the world when they eat meat.
:cow:

About the camping pics:
I really don't care if they are real or not. I was only focusing on how the guy barfs all over himself :D

I want to see that happen all over the world when they eat meat.
:cow:

I've eaten the equivalent of about 600 cows in my lifetime and not once did I ever regurgitate any! In fact, I'm gonna fire up the grill now and cook me some more of that tasty cow meat! I'll leave it a bit rare too, this way I can be reminded of it's suffering as I bite into it! :D

Oh please do not say it is a lifestyle choice, that is totally incorrect. A person never chooses to be gay, He/she is made gay.

I disagree. I grew up with a guy who dated only women until he was in his 20's, then he switched to the "other side". He eventually was charged with a sexual crime on a minor and thats when it was found out that he had AIDS. I doubt he was born this way. I think circumstances that happened in his life led to all his decisions.

It is common sense that no one chooses to be an object of harassment and discrimination. To say that one does so would be completely idiotic.

It's also common sense as to why these fudgepackers stay in the closet! They make poor decisions in life that even they are too embarrassed to come to terms with.

You can all flame me all you like. I'm not a gay basher. I don't go out of my way to say or do anything to them in any way at all. I don't tell them what they can and can't do. I just think it's one of the most disgusting things on earth and I don't want to see it, hear it or be within 10 blocks of it. If it's brought up in conversation I'll throw in my 2 cents though!

Originally posted by Bry

I know where you can get some cheap and very fresh slave rabbits...

Never had any slave rabbits!! Wonder if they are as tender and juicy as wild rabbit!! Janeen?? LOL

Up yours Jackass! they are not for your eating! they only eat each other! :)

A good kicking of the ass is what you need - but, as far as STEW goes, I do have the meat to make it, but it's BEEF! gotta love the BEEF! :)

Jimncy, when I was referring to the homosexuals as "They are made gay" I meant to say, they turn to homosexuality due to the circumstances they face in their lives. They don't choose , they are made .

You may joke all you want, but the truth remains the same.
you may joke all you want, but It is really disgusting in my view, and I am going to never come here again.

You may joke all you want, but the truth remains the same.
you may joke all you want, but It is really disgusting in my view, and I am going to never come here again.

So you are going to leave because someone has a different view than you? You'll need to have a thicker skin than that to survive!

"You won't play my way, I'm taking my ball and going home"

I happen to find the BEEF thing as a Joke! sorry, but I have heard this through the jewish, that they can't eat beef with milk, they will get severe stomach aches, hog wash! I had a girl that drove with me, last year, there was a Christmas party that I stopped and grabbed a plate of food, anyway, on that plate was Lasagna with meat, mind you, the cheese is dairy made from milk - she ate this like there was no end, never complained about her stomach, then I told her, BTW you just ate beef and milk! well, suddenly she put on this act of her stomach hurting, BS! she was fine until I said meat/milk! I find this crap about COWS not eating because of milk and because of this, and PIGS don't eat they are dirty, all a bunch of crap! it's a religous thing only! someone that allows you to believe if you eat it, you'll get sick - I have been eating both COW and PIG for years and years, and I grew up with drinking MILK with my meals, not once did my family or I complain how bad my stomach hurt. Sorry, sounds more like the "sit too close to the TV and your eyes will go cross, deal"

And Jackass, speaking of STEAK, I have 5 HUGE NY strips out for tonights dinner, not to mention a nice pile of filet mignon to cook this weekend, ask Jim, he will tell you, quite GOOD!

Is Spirit_soul still among us? If so..do you eat fish?

MMmmmm Janeen...what are you cooking for me when I come up??

If you think that not eating meat including fish is some sort of a religious superstition then you are wrong.

It is an act of morality, I clear my conscience by not killing and eating the animals. Don't tell me you don't kill them... you do because you are the reason for them to kill and sell that to you. We have a tendency to think that everything is ours. Everything can be used for our pleasure, such demonic mentality is the reason for this mess. Also, the statements that I make are not for self aggrandizement, I make them because I believe in them and practice them to some extent.
Also, I am not leaving this forum because some one else has a different point of view, that is completely stupid. I only came here for some amusement, I am leaving this forum because this is just an unnecessary waste of my time.
Thank you all for your posts (atleast the good ones).

Bye.

Forum List

Back