Jesus' Run for the Presidency

no. the left is pretty comfortable with community organizers.

:eusa_whistle:

The left is pretty comfortable with Planned Parenthood too, what's your point?

i'm not sure what your point is other than to be contrary. me? i was trading quips with a friend. capice?

not that your comment had the slightest thing to do with what we were saying.

To bad, thought you had thicker skin...

Jesus wasn't a politician. He was so much more than that. So Maher's scenario is just silly. He's just insulting and demeaning people of faith and the Republicans at the same time. It's just a two-fer insult for him. He needs to find God. His whole outlook on things will change dramatically. Being rich doesn't mean he's happy or spiritually satisfied. I suspect Maher is a very unhappy man despite all that money. He needs our prayers. Someone should invite him to Church this Sunday. It would help. I pray God takes away his hate and bitterness. I really do.

Last edited:
Jesus wasn't a politician.

He also wasn’t the ‘son of god.’ He more then likely never existed.

So Maher's scenario is just silly.

Perhaps, it’s a comedy routine – and as is often the case there’s truth in humor.

He's just insulting and demeaning people of faith and the Republicans at the same time.

Pointing out hypocrisy is not ‘insulting.’

To bad, thought you had thicker skin...

what in my post indicated 'thin' skin?

That you complained, responded, you know your general sniveling that you always do...

How much sadder is it when a someone snivels about their perception that someone else is sniveling? :razz:

Ten words or less please.

Jesus wasn't a politician. He was so much more than that. So Maher's scenario is just silly. He's just insulting and demeaning people of faith and the Republicans at the same time. It's just a two-fer insult for him. He needs to find God. His whole outlook on things will change dramatically. Being rich doesn't mean he's happy or spiritually satisfied. I suspect Maher is a very unhappy man despite all that money. He needs our prayers. Someone should invite him to Church this Sunday. It would help. I pray God takes away his hate and bitterness. I really do.

I agree. It's been a steady trip downhill with Maher. Every year he is worse imo.

Bill Maher opines as to what would happen if Jesus ran for president as a republican.
We know Jesus could never run as a Democrat because he'd be crucified in the press for his religious views! :lol:

And he'd just run from Republicans.

Jesus wouldn't make a good President of these United States anyway. He'd never agree that there was any reason to wage war. He'd never take the working people's taxes and give them to the undeserving rich. He'd never want to see anyone denied medical care because they couldn't afford it. Something which would stick in many a Republican craw. He'd never amass enormous wealth while others lived at poverty level. And he'd definitely be against the death penalty.

Anyone who studied the life and teachings of Jesus Christ knows his life was dedicated to being a humble man. They know he looked upon all men with understanding. kindness and love. In fact., the few times Jesus is mentioned in the Bible he is engaged in doing God's work. I strongly suspect were he to return, he'd think us a barbaric lot, because in his eyes we are..

After many discussions, arguments and years, I have come to the conclusion that Christianity as practiced now has little or nothing to to do with the actual teachings of Jesus Christ. He never taught anyone hate, or intolerance He'd never sit in judgment of his fellow man or support those who did. Christians engage in all the above on a daily basis using their religion as a shield.

Twain noted in the 19th Century that If Christ were here now, there is one thing he would not be — a Christian. He got that right.

Last edited:
i think, like most people, he'd have disagreed with them doing that, but he'd have defended their right to be wrong.

I find it really interesting, though, that a thread that had far more to do with rightwing politics than it did about jesus turned into a "religion" thread b/c so many people seem to just be responding to the topic and it's title and not it's content.

Allow me to respond to the intent of the thread, then, rather than the source (Maher) as I am one of the ones that got sucked into defending my faith unnecessarily.

If Jesus was to run for political office he would most likely run as a communist since, in the purest sense of the word, that's what He was.
:cool:

Still don't care to watch the video, though, Jill.
Sorry
(Horty-Hugs)
:redface:

Jesus would, I think, teach us to feed the hungry because it is the right thing for individuals to do. I missed the part of the bible where he handed that personal responsibility over to government.

The whole point of following Christ is to do it willingly - from choice. That's where many on the left part company from the teachings of Jesus.
And oddly enough? The Founders recognized the free will aspect.

It is, again, where the left part company with Christianity. Free will is absolutely fundamental in Christianity. Force is absolutely key on the left.

Totally disagree. Force is one of the basic tenets of Christianity. "Covert or spend eternity in hell' doesn't sound like there's much wriggle room...

That you complained, responded, you know your general sniveling that you always do...

How much sadder is it when a someone snivels about their perception that someone else is sniveling? :razz:

Ten words or less please.

Oh poor Jillian, she is so abused and misunderstood...

But you are the one complaining about your perception of another complaining.

Thus you are sadder.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back