Jesus Camp

2Parties

Nov 27, 2009
Tennis Sea
Remember that movie that got so much attention 3-4 years ago? I watched it last night for the first time (Netflix on PS3 rocks :cool:). I really didn't see the issue or scary part of it to be perfectly honest. It seemed the makers of the film pushed the political-war angle more-so than the people involved. Sure the speaking in tounges is weird (but is pretty common) as is the weird George Bush poster thing (but they were pretty much praying for him, not worshiping him), but other than that I really didn't think it was that odd.

Maybe the reason it didn't bother me is because my childhood was actually pretty similar (albeit no speaking in tongues, no extreme politics, I wasn't homeschooled, etc.). I went to church events with similar types of behavior in the movie, and to be straight I don't see any major issues to how these kids are raised. They are well behaved, they care about their fellow man, and they don't waiver in their beliefs. I think the brainwashing angle was pushing it because kids at those ages are much smarter than they are given credit.

It was a cool movie, but it didn't make me uncomfortable or feel awkward. I remember reading so much stuff after it came out about how insane the people were and how outraged they were. Seriously?

Ahh I had forgotten the peer pressure and guilt.

I was raised in a holy roller denomination. Same one as Palin.

I went to church willingly without a whipping usually.

Forum List

Back