Jerry Jones: Cowboys Will Stand For The Flag Or “Your Ass Will Be Off The Team”

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
https://waynedupree.com/jerry-jones...he-flag-or-your-ass-will-be-off-the-team/amp/

DH7xSoPUMAEwdW7.jpg

so Kaepernick wont be joining the cowboys

God Bless Jerry Jones and God Bless the state of Texas.

All the men and women who risk their lives for that flag appreciate his request for respect. It's the least anyone in America can do you can deal with your political views in other ways, not standing for the flag is not the way to do it.

I think it high time I became a Cowboys fan.

So let the Cowboys be an all RW white male team. If cops would stop murdering unarmed people there wouldn't be nonviolent protests
by heroes like Colin Kaepernick.

Now if Jones looks up to see large swaths of kneeling fans during the national anthem when the Cowboys play...is he going to pack up and refuse to let the game go on?

All the men and women who risk their lives for that flag appreciate his request for respect. It's the least anyone in America can do you can deal with your political views in other ways, not standing for the flag is not the way to do it.

The Constitution guarantees the RIGHT to do it. ..And I'm one of those Americans who risked his life for the flag .

The Constitution guarantees the RIGHT to do it. ..And I'm one of those Americans who risked his life for the flag .

Does the Constitution guarantee these players the right to engage in political expression on someone elses dime? Or better yet, is the owner protected for expecting a reasonable job is performed and that his employees act in a manner consistent with their values?

As the NFL does not have guaranteed contracts, the message is clear. The owner doesn't want his players doing this at work. If they do, they won't be on the team. Noone can go into their work wearing any political expression they choose, that's for ones personal time, not a work related issue.

Yes, I'm ordering my Cowboys jersey right now. Anyone have recommendations of which player to choose? I haven't followed the NFL in years, lol.

Thank you. I too am one of those who risked my life to preserve that right.

ratings continue to fall ...thurs was a disaster.....down from low of last yr
fat contracts will get leaner if this continues unabated.....

So showing fake patriotism, in order to keep your job, is a good thing? Ok then.

Not patriotism, it's called showing a little bit of respect. I stand when they play another countrys' Anthem at an event. It's the right thing to do. Jerry Jones is perfectly within his right by mandating his players stand, and I agree and applaud him for it.

Does the Constitution guarantee these players the right to engage in political expression on someone elses dime? Or better yet, is the owner protected for expecting a reasonable job is performed and that his employees act in a manner consistent with their values?

As the NFL does not have guaranteed contracts, the message is clear. The owner doesn't want his players doing this at work. If they do, they won't be on the team. Noone can go into their work wearing any political expression they choose, that's for ones personal time, not a work related issue.

Yes, I'm ordering my Cowboys jersey right now. Anyone have recommendations of which player to choose? I haven't followed the NFL in years, lol.
Since the NFL is a private entity, First Amendment protections are limited for employees thereof while "on the clock." That makes the silent protests against state sanctioned domestic injustice all the more heroic and profound. patriots like Muhammed Ali; John Carlos, Tommy Smith and Colin Kaepernick shall be immortalized as icons of liberty and justice while those paid whores who grinned and relented for money are beneath contempt.

Since the NFL is a private entity, First Amendment protections are limited for employees thereof while "on the clock." That makes the silent protests against state sanctioned domestic injustice all the more heroic and profound. patriots like Muhammed Ali; John Carlos, Tommy Smith and Colin Kaepernick shall be immortalized as icons of liberty and justice while those paid whores who grinned and relented for money are beneath contempt.

Ali took a courageous position which cost him years in prison, I can respect him for this, but I cannot help but think he was poorly informed about global affairs and lacked a deep understanding of them, and may have even have had communist sympathies whether he knew it or not (many of his hanger ons certainly did). Not unlike many of the ill informed alt-left today. For this, I cannot overlook his character flaws.

In terms of heart, talent and patriotism, Joe Frazier was twice the man Ali was, and he was robbed of at least one win against him (while Ali mercilessly called him an Uncle Tom and insensitive racist names). Yet, Joe died poor and without celebration, a horrible injustice. Look at the Thrilla in Manilla and the controversy of the thrown towel from Ali's corner. Joe Frazier to me is the guy who would have your back, Ali had his own.

Now in regards to the excessive credit you give Colin Kapernick, he has to understand that there is entertainment and then there is political activism. Notice the differences though, when the Cowboys wanted to simply wear a simple decal to show support for the fallen officers in Texas, and were offensively turned down by the league. How is this any different?

Do I think Colin should have a back up role somewhere? Probably. I don't he should be denied work and I believe in second and third chances (depending on the action). He should however sign an agreement that states he will refrain from these activities during practice days or game days. Just as someone can't wear a politically offensive shirt to work, this guy should not be doing this on his employers dime.

It could cost his team money, and, it can be argued it has already cost the league a great deal in tv ratings and future revenue. Engage in your non-work activities on non-work days. Simple.

And that same Constitution gives team owner Jerry Jones the RIGHT to fire any player who doesn't stand for the anthem. ...... :cool:
Well...no actually it doesn't. As i explained elsewhere, the first ammendment protection
Applies to government entities. But here is the catch...The NFL is subsidized by
taxpayer' s dollars.That leaves an opening
for protesting players to exploit in a lawsuitif fired.
How American taxpayers subsidize the NFL

So showing fake patriotism, in order to keep your job, is a good thing? Ok then.

Not patriotism, it's called showing a little bit of respect. I stand when they play another countrys' Anthem at an event. It's the right thing to do. Jerry Jones is perfectly within his right by mandating his players stand, and I agree and applaud him for it.
Jones should also be prepared to lose any government subsidies that might benefit his team. Im sure some lawyers are already looking at that.

Forum List

Back