Jerry Brown: Climate-Change Deniers ‘Definitely Contributing’ to the ‘New Abnormal’ of Wildfires

If Brown had a clue he would not be running California into the dumps. Leaving dead wood and brush laying around might just have something to do with it. Having a number of people that don't understand what a match in dry tender will do. Keeping water out of certain areas just might be part of the problem.

But it makes more sense to blame others.
I hear the fire that burned Paradise to the ground was started by a campfire.
In Maine, in years when there is serious drought, campfires and any other kinds of burns are forbidden. They have gone so far as to close campgrounds.

My favorite quote about Jerry Brown came from Johnny Carson

"Jerry Brown once tried marijuana, but he never exhaled"

Mocking Gov. Brown is evidence of your ignorance.

To be fair, that was Johnny Carson mocking Jerry Brown.

And you echoed it. Character assassinations are never informative and lack any fair representation of the victim.

Ultimately, it's mockery of Bill Clinton, who made the ridiculous claim that he 'once tried marijuana, but never inhaled'.

A comment I'm sure Clinton regrets. The Smell of MJ on University and college campuses was common, and it was so prevalent the parents of students had a fit when their child was arrested and booked for simple possession.

It was then when CA. passed 1000 PC and diverted those from being booked (having a criminal record) for having a small amount of MJ.

Even before CA passed the law making recreational MJ legal, it was ignored by urban police agencies since the work and cost of enforcing the law was not worth it.

It's interesting to me that a country like America who has first hand experience with the terrible unintended consequences of the prohibition of alcohol continues to make criminals out of otherwise law-abiding citizens who use recreational drugs and continue with a drug prohibition that is the single cause behind most of America's violent crime.

During 18th amendment Prohibition, the size and power of the Federal police force grew exponentially. I believe the war on drugs (one of the most expensive wars in American History) was the political price that was paid to end alcohol prohibition but not take power from federal policing. -- the FBI's $9 Billion budget nearly double of America's largest police department, NYPD. DEA alone has annual budget of $2 Billion.

And you echoed it. Character assassinations are never informative and lack any fair representation of the victim.

Ultimately, it's mockery of Bill Clinton, who made the ridiculous claim that he 'once tried marijuana, but never inhaled'.

A comment I'm sure Clinton regrets. The Smell of MJ on University and college campuses was common, and it was so prevalent the parents of students had a fit when their child was arrested and booked for simple possession.

It was then when CA. passed 1000 PC and diverted those from being booked (having a criminal record) for having a small amount of MJ.

Even before CA passed the law making recreational MJ legal, it was ignored by urban police agencies since the work and cost of enforcing the law was not worth it.

It's interesting to me that a country like America who has first hand experience with the terrible unintended consequences of the prohibition of alcohol continues to make criminals out of otherwise law-abiding citizens who use recreational drugs and continue with a drug prohibition that is the single cause behind most of America's violent crime.

During 18th amendment Prohibition, the size and power of the Federal police force grew exponentially. I believe the war on drugs (one of the most expensive wars in American History) was the political price that was paid to end alcohol prohibition but not take power from federal policing. -- the FBI's $9 Billion budget nearly double of America's largest police department, NYPD. DEA alone has annual budget of $2 Billion.
What does this have to do with global warming or fires?

What does this have to do with global warming or fires?

Not a bloody thing, why?

So letting the forest grow without clearing the under brush, is our fault?

So,m show me where that the forest management people go through these forests & trim the underbrush?

CA's forests are 60% federal so are you calling Trump responsible?

Of course an unedicated POS like you can't grasp that Climate Change is indeed a factor in theses fires.

It is also a fact, that the moronic deniers help elect those who deny the science & block efforts to reduce emissions.

So Brown is right. You are an asshole.

In fact, every top news story can be traced back to Manmade Global Climate Warming Change!

What is probably really to "blame" is how much new housing has been built in outlying areas.

Fires happen in California, it's part of the natural cycle of the vegetation. People have been building houses more and more in previously "wild" areas.

What really sucks is in the foothills and canyons the next big problem will be debris flows when the rains eventually come.

Of course an unedicated POS like you can't grasp that Climate Change is indeed a factor in theses fires.

It is also a fact, that the moronic deniers help elect those who deny the science & block efforts to reduce emissions.

So Brown is right. You are an asshole.

In fact, every top news story can be traced back to Manmade Global Climate Warming Change!

To deny man's part in climate change is stupid. You are STUPID. It is called science & you choose to believe people like Limbaugh & Trump.

Tell us more about Trump.

There is no fair representation of Trump. He is what he is, a narcissist, a megalomaniac and a total asshole.

Brown is right. Repubs are too anti-science to know better.

Tell us more about Trump.

There is no fair representation of Trump. He is what he is, a narcissist, a megalomaniac and a total asshole.

You might want to rush home. I think you left the irony on.

Did the state let this happen to advance the phony climate change agenda?

"Never let a crisis go to waste"

That may have been said by a Democrat, but it is in effect without a doubt by Donald Trump. Without hate and fear, lies and bigotry, Trump would have nothing to say or offer.

Yes, Trump is using the CA fires to promote his "let's see the lab work" agenda on Manmade Global Climate Warming Change

Forum List

Back