jellyfish.....gotta love em

big_511224848375.jpg

The Irukandji Jellyfish is a small but venomous and dangerous Jellyfish. With its size only one cubic centimeter and found exclusively in the marine waters off the coast of Australia, just north of Cairns, in Queensland. There are two types of Irukandji Jellyfish, Carukia Barnesi and Malo Kingi. Collectively they are responsible for Irukandji syndrome, first documented in 1952 by Hugo Flecker and named after the native Irukandkji people of the region. Carukia Barnesi, the first species of Irukandji Jellyfish was discovered in 1964 by Dr. Jack Barnes, who, wanting to prove this tiny Jellyfish was responsible for the Irukandji syndrome, stung himself, a lifeguard and his son.

Irukandji Jellyfish, The Most Deadly Jellyfish, Tiny And Fatal - Irukandji jellyfish - Zimbio

Irukandji-jellyfish.jpg

Gotta love 'em?

:eusa_hand:

dont be hatin on the jellyfish there zoom

there were all kinds at this exhibit....amazing the variety...now where is them match head killers again?

The symptoms on an Irukandji sting come about in 4 to 30 hours, but may take up to two weeks to resolve completely. There is no known anti-venom and pain management is the treatment for this painful condition. Patients have been known to ask the doctor to kill them as they pain is so intense. Your best strategy to avoid this is to avoid the Irukandji. Be mindful where you are swimming and diving and of the seasons and water conditions for swimmers beware, the Irukandji Jellyfish!

people have ask doc to kill them cause of the pain.....

just another reason i rarely go into the water

Jellyfish are cool. They're like floating mushrooms. I want to get baked and go to an Aquarius one day and watch them.

AbstractWallpaper48.jpg

jellyfish.....gotta love em!

i listen to it a couple of times....kids can watch it....no profanity...i swear

Fried Baked or Grilled... jellyfish.....gotta love em!

Tastes like Chicken!!​

Ain't nothing compares to a peanut butter and jellyfish sammich with ketchup and pickles!

Yum! :eusa_drool:

Forum List

Back