Jeb is toast! Establishment desperately seeks someone not Trump, Carson or Fiorina

browsing deer

Silver Member
Jul 11, 2015
in the forrest
Jeb's big advantage going into this race was his money. That is drying up.
The big money contributors are getting tired of Bush as well. The biggest, Billionaire Sheldon Adelson, is preparing to back Rubio.
The Great Rubio Swoon
"
The neoconservative Weekly Standard, long an establishment favorite, also appears to be maneuvering itself into the Rubio ring. The latest issue features a flattering piece by John McCormack touting Rubio’s credentials, including his life story’s similarity to Obama’s. The mag argues that he is “the most compelling spokesman with the best chance at uniting the party,” sentiments that were retweeted enthusiastically by fellow Weekly Standard writer Stephen Hayes.

Rubio is young, a polished speaker, and Hispanic — a triple whammy as far as the GOP establishment is concerned. He is comfortable on the campaign trail, good with average people on the streets, and perhaps the most knowledgeable of all GOP candidates on foreign policy. He also lacks the inevitable baggage that comes with being a member of the Bush dynasty. But does he really have the best chance at uniting the party?

Rubio may have Bush beat on likability and, it now seems, electability in general, but when it comes to securing the support of the conservative GOP base, it is unlikely he will fair any better. Rubio’s disastrous decision to involve himself with Chuck Schumer’s pro-amnesty Gang of Eight still haunts him, and his decision to skip the critical vote in September that could have defunded Planned Parenthood should be deeply troubling to conservatives.

As Jeb’s campaign continues to falter, more voices of the GOP establishment will rise for Rubio. Because with Donald Trump and Ben Carson stealing their thunder, the GOP rainmakers may soon have to choose a single campaign into which to to pour their cash.

"

I liked Rubio, but his no show on the planned parenthood vote had me extremely annoyed. I washed my hands of him then and there.

I am not willing to forgive Rubio yet. But if he his the alternative to Trump, I can swallow my bile

I submit for the GOP the following candidates.......
upload_2015-10-17_11-45-34.jpeg
upload_2015-10-17_11-46-10.jpeg
images
upload_2015-10-17_11-48-10.jpeg
upload_2015-10-17_11-48-39.jpeg

Rubio may have Bush beat on likability and, it now seems, electability in general, but when it comes to securing the support of the conservative GOP base, it is unlikely he will fair any better. Rubio’s disastrous decision to involve himself with Chuck Schumer’s pro-amnesty Gang of Eight still haunts him, and his decision to skip the critical vote in September that could have defunded Planned Parenthood should be deeply troubling to conservatives.

That's because conservatives are irrational idiots. Planned Parenthood had zero chance of being defunded and a realistic solution other than "deport all the wetbacks" has to be implemented to deal with the illegal immigration issue. I don't know whether or not I would vote for Rubio in the general at this point, but he is far more grounded in reality than candidates like Trump and Cruz.

Jeb's big advantage going into this race was his money. That is drying up.
The big money contributors are getting tired of Bush as well. The biggest, Billionaire Sheldon Adelson, is preparing to back Rubio.
The Great Rubio Swoon
"
The neoconservative Weekly Standard, long an establishment favorite, also appears to be maneuvering itself into the Rubio ring. The latest issue features a flattering piece by John McCormack touting Rubio’s credentials, including his life story’s similarity to Obama’s. The mag argues that he is “the most compelling spokesman with the best chance at uniting the party,” sentiments that were retweeted enthusiastically by fellow Weekly Standard writer Stephen Hayes.

Rubio is young, a polished speaker, and Hispanic — a triple whammy as far as the GOP establishment is concerned. He is comfortable on the campaign trail, good with average people on the streets, and perhaps the most knowledgeable of all GOP candidates on foreign policy. He also lacks the inevitable baggage that comes with being a member of the Bush dynasty. But does he really have the best chance at uniting the party?

As Jeb’s campaign continues to falter, more voices of the GOP establishment will rise for Rubio. Because with Donald Trump and Ben Carson stealing their thunder, the GOP rainmakers may soon have to choose a single campaign into which to to pour their cash.

"

I liked Rubio, but his no show on the planned parenthood vote had me extremely annoyed. I washed my hands of him then and there.

I am not willing to forgive Rubio yet. But if he his the alternative to Trump, I can swallow my bile
Poach more Rinos...

Forum List

Back