Jeb Bush and John Kasich. Would this be a winning ticket for the WH?

nicolondon

Oct 1, 2013
London
Here in the UK a broadsheet had an interesting article about Wall Street pushing this as the best chance for a GOP win.The reasoning be the importance of winning the key swing states of Florida and Ohio and the connections to both states of Bush and Kasich.

The Bush/Rubio ticket apparently can't happen because your constitution doesn't allow President and VP from the same state.

The article then goes on to suggest that the next election could be so close that those two swing states could decide the WH.

I know a lot about Jeb Bush but not much about Kasich apart from he's the current Governor of Ohio.

In terms of Jeb Bush he appears to be in the moderate GOP camp and would appeal to Latino voters but will he have to go too far to the right in terms of immigration which would cause him a problem with those voters.

I'd be interested to hear what people think of this ticket?

Here in the UK a broadsheet had an interesting article about Wall Street pushing this as the best chance for a GOP win.The reasoning be the importance of winning the key swing states of Florida and Ohio and the connections to both states of Bush and Kasich.

The Bush/Rubio ticket apparently can't happen because your constitution doesn't allow President and VP from the same state.

The article then goes on to suggest that the next election could be so close that those two swing states could decide the WH.

I know a lot about Jeb Bush but not much about Kasich apart from he's the current Governor of Ohio.

In terms of Jeb Bush he appears to be in the moderate GOP camp and would appeal to Latino voters but will he have to go too far to the right in terms of immigration which would cause him a problem with those voters.

The President and Vice President can be from the same state...
Can the president and the vice president be from the same state?

Jeb wants to share his love with illegal immigrants, like his wife.

Sounds kinky to me, but hey, to each his own.

Maybe he can marry them all just as soon as SCOTUS lets polygamists marry.

Theoretically it would be one of their stronger combinations, I'd think.

Theoretically it would be very helpful with two important states, Florida & Ohio.

Theoretically.

Theoretically it would be very helpful with two important states, Florida & Ohio.

Theoretically.

The Bush family is toxic sludge.

Other than that they are OK by me.

The President and Vice President can be from the same state...
Can the president and the vice president be from the same state?

Thanks, its not against the constitution but apparently it could cause a problem in the electoral college if it was a very close race. I read that's why Cheney had to change his residential address to a place in Wyoming.

Before he came out whining about giving tax cuts for the rich, screwing over the old by taking away ssi and other shit...Well, Jeb had a chance.

No more...

I'd say a Kasich/Rubio ticket would be the best.
-Get Ohio
-Drive up the chances to get Florida
-Get at least 35-40% of the hispanic vote...Possibly enough to get co...
-Come off more sane so you could pick off all the states you needed.

Theoretically.

The Bush family is toxic sludge.

Other than that they are OK by me.
I can't imagine him actually getting the nomination at this point.

Before he came out whining about giving tax cuts for the rich, screwing over the old by taking away ssi and other shit...Well, Jeb had a chance.

No more...

I'd say a Kasich/Rubio ticket would be the best.
-Get Ohio
-Drive up the chances to get Florida
-Get at least 35-40% of the hispanic vote...Possibly enough to get co...
-Come off more sane so you could pick off all the states you needed.
i mostly agree with this. kasich seems like one of the few candidates that would have a chance of appealing to the electorate in the general and i understand he's pretty popular in ohio.
rubio though... gets florida (maybe) but he doesn't seem very likable. i don't know that he'd be much help anywhere else.

Personally I've always found Jeb Bush to be a lot more intelligent than his brother! I would have thought he'd give Hillary problems. I think the GOP have a chance to win if they go for the pragmatic choice. I do follow your primaries closely and one thing that strikes me is that these early states especially with GOP candidates impede the pragmatic choices which would have a better chance of appealing to a wider section of voters. I do think that unless the GOP find a way to get back the Latino vote then its hard to see how they can win.

Personally I've always found Jeb Bush to be a lot more intelligent than his brother! I would have thought he'd give Hillary problems. I think the GOP have a chance to win if they go for the pragmatic choice. I do follow your primaries closely and one thing that strikes me is that these early states especially with GOP candidates impede the pragmatic choices which would have a better chance of appealing to a wider section of voters. I do think that unless the GOP find a way to get back the Latino vote then its hard to see how they can win.
that's the thing - the gop primary voters don't reward candidates for being pragmatic or in any way electable. they force candidates to move to the far right and that poisons the general for them.

I'll wait to see what the field looks like after Trump falls out.

I like Kasich/Rubio, but will either last that long?

That ticket would not win. The true cire of the Republican Party is not going to acceot a non-conservative ticjet for a third straight Presidential election. Republican voters would choose to go third party or stay home. Even if it means a rout by Hillary Clinton.

that's the thing - the gop primary voters don't reward candidates for being pragmatic or in any way electable. they force candidates to move to the far right and that poisons the general for them.

Yes that seems to be a recurring theme with GOP primaries. I find these primaries bizarre in a way because they seem to do nothing but force candidates to move away from the more centre ground. And its always men interfering with womens issues which seems like a very bad idea. Isn't it possible for a fiscal Conservative but a moderate on social issues to win?

The irony really is that GOP push the less government line but seem to want to interfere in areas that alienate especially women voters. Although the USA and UK share many things its one area that UK politicians are terrified of going close to, they would be toast at an election if they did!

I'll wait to see what the field looks like after Trump falls out.

I like Kasich/Rubio, but will either last that long?
i think kasich will. he seems to be okay with sitting back and playing the long game. i don't think rubio has that kind of patience.

I see Rubio on the short list for VP.

Maybe a better run for president in 2024,2028

Thanks for all the replies. I will say one thing your elections are certainly a lot more interesting than the generally stale affairs we have in the UK!

Forum List

Back