Japanese government seeks to penalize Herbivore Men for peacefully opting out of Femtopia.

Should Japanese men be forced into relationships with women through a Bachelor Tax?

• Total voters
Sorry, I thought you were actually going to discuss a current social phenomena, should have known better.

We are discussing it. You can listen to any interview with a "Herbivore Man" or a caucasian MGTOW and they'll tell it's a direct result of feminism.

Even 18% of the the male population is nothing to sneeze at. Never mind 40%+

Have you see the "yes means yes" law in california, where a man now needs to obtain continuous verbal consent from a woman in order to keep fucking her?

I am aware of the phenomena but you are way off the mark and apparently just want to attack feminism. Men are the way they are because of women and women are the way they are because of men, repeat to infinity. There was never some golden age where sexual relations were perfect, it's always been fucked up and dysfunctional.

Japan is screwed up and dying mostly because they do not allow enough immigration to make up for their low birth rate. Opting out of breeding is a visible social phenomena in Japan but all Western nations are experiencing the same rapidly aging native population that did not have enough kids to replace themselves, even us.

The evils of contraception. And only the Catholic Church takes a stand against it these days. History will prove us wise.
Freeing women from the bondage of childbirth is the greatest achivement of science in the later half of the 20th century and probably prevented WWIII.
Child birth is bondage? Do you people have any idea how sick and depraved you are?
Yes it is, child birth is a dangerous and debilitating thing for a woman, only a screwed-up virgin, celibate pope would think otherwise. Before contraception, sex was a scary thing for a woman to be torn between satisfying her man and the knowledge that a sixth pregnancy could kill her.

Japan is screwed up and dying mostly because they do not allow enough immigration to make up for their low birth rate. Opting out of breeding is a visible social phenomena in Japan but all Western nations are experiencing the same rapidly aging native population that did not have enough kids to replace themselves, even us.

The evils of contraception. And only the Catholic Church takes a stand against it these days. History will prove us wise.
Freeing women from the bondage of childbirth is the greatest achivement of science in the later half of the 20th century and probably prevented WWIII.
Child birth is bondage? Do you people have any idea how sick and depraved you are?
Yes it is, child birth is a dangerous and debilitating thing for a woman, only a screwed-up virgin, celibate pope would think otherwise. Before contraception, sex was a scary thing for a woman to be torn between satisfying her man and the knowledge that a sixth pregnancy could kill her.

You're sick. I can't even argue with the ravings of a sick, depraved person who thinks that childbirth is an affliction that needs to be avoided. "Satisfying her man?" Having children and the number of children is decided by both spouses. Women aren't slaves living in seraglios, they are intelligent enough to make their own decisions. We have 4 children. We would have even more if medical complications hadn't made that impossible. We both decided on a large family. That's what real equality is, not the pandering feminist bullshit you're espousing.

You're sick. I can't even argue with the ravings of a sick, depraved person who thinks that childbirth is an affliction that needs to be avoided. "Satisfying her man?" Having children and the number of children is decided by both spouses. Women aren't slaves living in seraglios, they are intelligent enough to make their own decisions. We have 4 children. We would have even more if medical complications hadn't made that impossible. We both decided on a large family. That's what real equality is, not the pandering feminist bullshit you're espousing.
Your personal decisions are your own, if you want to have a houseful then that is your business. I do not want to get into the tired old contraception argument with a militant catholic as I never attack anyone for their personal faith. However, when that personal faith translates into religious authority making such decisions for people as the Catholic church is in the habit of doing in poor catholic majority countries then I have a problem. Christianity is supposed to be about free will, it's why most of the world opted against Catholicism and became protestant.

The term "herbivore men" (soushoku danshi, 草食男子) appeared in 2009 or thereabouts. It is sometimes contrasted with "carnivore women". :badgrin:

I think the "abstains from sex" bit might be overstated...kinda hard to suppress a primal urge, and of course the Japanese famously have their public face (tatemae) and their private lives (honne)....

The "herbivore men" may not be so different from Americans, Swedes etc who drop out of the rat race to live on a remote homestead or small farm, reading and emulating Thoreau, Aldo Leopold and Wendell Berry.....

I started doing that 25 years ago when I retired young. I love being on my Colorado homestead in the middle of nowhere. But the problem with being a geek is that instead of looking to Thoreau, Leopold, or Berry for life's big answers, you tend to go to YouTube where 1970's Looney Tunes serve just as well as anything.

The "herbivores" part is real.

Japan panics about the rise of herbivores mdash young men who shun sex don t spend money and like taking walks.

The "feminazi" stuff, that's 2A's take on it. Who knew that Rome had feminazi statutes? The things we learn here.

Would care to explain why Roman men started going celibate and forsaking marriage?

I think this thread rattles your communist bones, because you know you that it's dissatisfied and oppressed MEN that overturn tyrannies.

40% of Japanese men.

What happens when it hits 75%? Something tells me the "caveman instincts" are going to overcome them and they'll tear the whole government down and restore the natural order.

Remember, they aren't choosing this lifestyle because it's actually enjoyable. It's because the alternative is INTOLERABLE. What happens when a bunch of men feel that their pursuit of happiness has become intolerable?

Last edited:

Japan panics about the rise of herbivores mdash young men who shun sex don t spend money and like taking walks.

The "feminazi" stuff, that's 2A's take on it. Who knew that Rome had feminazi statutes? The things we learn here.

Would care to explain why Roman men started going celibate and forsaking marriage?

I think this thread rattles your communist bones, because you know you that it's dissatisfied and oppressed MEN that overturn tyrannies.

40% of Japanese men.

What happens when it hits 75%? Something tells me the "caveman instincts" are going to overcome them and they'll tear the whole government down and restore the natural order.

Remember, they aren't choosing this lifestyle because it's actually enjoyable. It's because the alternative is INTOLERABLE. What happens when a bunch of men feel that their pursuit of happiness has become intolerable?
It's even simpler than that, prostitutes are quasi-legal and relatively cheap and there is no longer a strong social pressure to marry and reproduce. Japan suffered for centuries under an incredibly strict code of arranged marriage and dowry. Practicality and frugality has replaced the old ways, as expensive as things are in Japan it is cheaper to buy all the sex anyone could want than to marry.

40% of Japanese men.

It's even simpler than that, prostitutes are quasi-legal and relatively cheap and there is no longer a strong social pressure to marry and reproduce. Japan suffered for centuries under an incredibly strict code of arranged marriage and dowry. Practicality and frugality has replaced the old ways, as expensive as things are in Japan it is cheaper to buy all the sex anyone could want than to marry.

Yes blame the men who are pretty much not having sex at all, even with prostitutes. Most roman men couldn't afford a damn prostitute, prostitutes became common then because there weren't enough men willing to take the risk and impregnate them (and thus have to support them).

Here's a mindfuck for you:

Why not tax single women too?

No man wishes to be a slave. No self-respecting man would enter into a modern marriage contract. Divorce is a doom-hammer that is not wielded by men, but their spouses. We know what happens when one party wields a monopoly of power.

OK, we all understand that you are afraid of women. Take it up with your shrink.
He hasn't found the right one yet. Have some faith, friend.

At some point you have to recognize a hopeless situation.

No man wishes to be a slave. No self-respecting man would enter into a modern marriage contract. Divorce is a doom-hammer that is not wielded by men, but their spouses. We know what happens when one party wields a monopoly of power.

OK, we all understand that you are afraid of women. Take it up with your shrink.
He hasn't found the right one yet. Have some faith, friend.

It's not about finding the right one. That's what you're not seeing. Getting married is giving your wife the doom-hammer. Even if she was the "right one" before you got married, that obscene power shift will most likely change her for the worse, as proven in countless scientific studies.

Non-married cohabiting couples like myself (which makes me a level 1 MGTOW) get in every day. Married couples get it on once a week on average. Sometimes only once a month. If a man wants to end the sexlessness, he must give her half his property and income and has limited access to his children.

Last edited:
Interesting OP. I was married for 10 years. I enjoyed the marriage and didn't consciously want to break up, but in hindsight I see the many ways I sabotaged the relationship.
Then I dated a series of women even more crazy than myself.

I've always liked being me. I've never placed the responsibility of making me happy on someone else. The women I've been with tend to do exactly that.

Or, it will be a beautiful day, we've got the day off, we're healthy, we're doing something fun, but the woman is upset because I didn't fold my laundry or I paid a bill 2 days late, and she can't let it go. It's like, really? You're going to waste your life and try to bum me out by worrying about little stuff like that?

I'm spending my 40s as an herbivore man. I might change my mind when I hit 50, but life is so beautifully simple now. I don't have to negotiate every action I take. I don't have to put up with constant emotional blackmail.

Almost everyone I know in a relationship is constantly fighting. They tear each other down. I'm co-hosting a radio show with my friend. We did our first show on Tuesday. We get back to his place, and his wife gives us a negative review. I thought it went great, but even if I didn't, I'm going to accentuate the positives before I say what I didn't like. Everyone I've talked to liked it, except for the wife who had nothing encouraging to say.

Last edited:
Interesting OP. I was married for 10 years. I enjoyed the marriage and didn't consciously want to break up, but in hindsight I see the many ways I sabotaged the relationship.
Then I dated a series of women even more crazy than myself.

I've always liked being me. I've never placed the responsibility of making me happy on someone else. The women I've been with tend to do exactly that.

Or, it will be a beautiful day, we've got the day off, we're healthy, we're doing something fun, but the woman is upset because I didn't fold my laundry or I paid a bill 2 days late, and she can't let it go. It's like, really? You're going to waste your life and try to bum me out by worrying about little stuff like that?

I'm spending my 40s as an herbivore man. I might change my mind when I hit 50, but life is so beautifully simple now. I don't have to negotiate every action I take. I don't have to put up with constant emotional blackmail.

Almost everyone I know in a relationship is constantly fighting. They tear each other down. I'm co-hosting a radio show with my friend. We did our first show on Tuesday. We get back to his place, and his wife gives us a negative review. I thought it went great, but even if I didn't, I'm going to accentuate the positives before I say what I didn't like. Everyone I've talked to liked it, except for the wife who had nothing encouraging to say.

I doubt you sabotaged the marriage (most likely little or no significant fault), especially since you are the one that didn't want it to end. That's the prime indicator.

Folding the laundry is her job. Cook, clean and copulation (3 C's) are the three bare minimum things that she is expected to provide for all your other labors. Paying the bill 2 days late is not her concern either, unless there was a shortage of money that affected her and your children (such as food shortage, no electric/water etc). So long as she is continuously sheltered and provided resources to manage and redistribute among the family, your late bill is not her concern.

If her worst problem in the world is you not folding your laundry or paying a bill two days late, she's obviously not very busy and is living a carefree life --- on your dime. I shoved my cock in my ex's mouth once because she complained that the dishes were dirty. I should have put soap on my dick too. If she's going to "waste her life" by trying to "bum me down" when I'm the one funding her carefree lifestyle, she's literally going to eat my dick and learn whose boss or get out. She chose to get out. Then she regretted it and tried to get back in a few days later. I should have let her back in just to put that soap on my dick and tell her to suck it.

Don't change your mind, life is beautifully simple, as I've just discovered myself. I'm not a real MGTOW since I have an El Salvadorean girl cohabiting with me, but my reputation has been made well known to her by some of the other El Salv girls I know (that led me to her). Yet she stays, probably thankful to have been taken from the no-electric hut that she once lived in the forests. SHe almost looks asian since even the white/arabic spaniards never even went that far into the forest to procreate with the progeny of the asians who crossed the great ice bridge. She knows I don't tolerate bullshit. Even one of the spanish ex's has tried to get back in. Why? Because I actually don't demand anything beyond the three C's and I bring them everywhere I WANT to go (and will honor her requests where she wants to go at least 1/3 of the time) That means my el salvadoren princess follows me to the calverton gun range. Also, it's not even like cooking and cleaning is that hard with modern appliances.

Of course his wife gave a negative review. Every moment your male friend spends time doing what he likes, it's less time working and giving resources to her. His passion/hobby is her competition.

I can't tell you how many times my grandfather, brother, sister, male friends, non-related female friends praised my music and woodworking.

I can't tell you how many times my dependent grandmother (after my grandfather died), dependent sister (after grandfather died), and ex-gfs shunned it. Now that my grandfather died, playing the piano gave my grandmother and sister headaches. I was threatened with "abusing them" for playing the piano.

That's when I left (thankfully house was in my name, my grandfather gave it to me), I only paid the taxes and the the lien on the house (thanks to my grandmother running up high credit when my grandfather became afflicted by Alzheimer and could no longer monitor her spending). This means I left them for paying all the other bills. Within two months they begged me to come back in. That shut them up about their headaches and me getting a second job.

You see, I have known nothing but misery at the hands of dependent women, family or girlfriend. And only by abandoning them/throwing them out the door, have I ever been able to regain ANY rights back from them. They consider you their MULE to fund their lifestyle.

You give them the Earth, but they demand the Moon and the Stars. Adam was content in the Garden of Eden, but Eve craved more.

Last edited:
It's not about finding the right one. That's what you're not seeing. Getting married is giving your wife the doom-hammer. Even if she was the "right one" before you got married, that obscene power shift will most likely change her for the worse, as proven in countless scientific studies.

Non-married cohabiting couples like myself (which makes me a level 1 MGTOW) get in every day. Married couples get it on once a week on average. Sometimes only once a month. If a man wants to end the sexlessness, he must give her half his property and income and has limited access to his children.

What a sad, insecure little 'man' you are. You might as well be eating grass. Your shrink must be making a fortune off you.

You see, I have known nothing but misery at the hands of dependent women, family or girlfriend. And only by abandoning them/throwing them out the door, have I ever been able to regain ANY rights back from them. They consider you their MULE to fund their lifestyle.

You give them the Earth, but they demand the Moon and the Stars. Adam was content in the Garden of Eden, but Eve craved more.

OK grassy, you've cried for help quite enough. Go ahead and make the jump to the other team already. You know you are going to anyway.

Why no tax on single women? Why did Rome and Japan not consider this?
The OP said that.

I think it's a good idea. The part I like the most is that it will spread the idea that "sex isn't everything". Since that's all we see nowadays to the point of absurdity. Extremes beget extremes. This is just the pendulum swinging in the opposite direction. When everyone returns to their senses, life will have a sense of normalcy and relative calm again...

I first went to Japan 30 years ago. It was easy to get laid then, and it's even easier to get laid now.

My oldest Son is married and has a kid but still gets hit on by the wimmen. My youngest is single and is "slaying" all sorts of wimmen all the time.

The problem is Japanese men who would rather be "Otaku" than chase wimmen. America has the same problem but only less so.

Just my 2 cents.

History proves the Roman Church to be mass murderers. What are you talking about? There is nothing Christian about the Roman Catholic Institution!

More than 1/3 (over 40%) of Japan's male population have voluntarily become "Herbivore Men." This means they abandon women altogether, forsaking all future relationships, most importantly marriage and children. The term "herbivore" is a Japanese reference to men that "will eat grass alongside women." Although it was initially laughed off by Japanese women and their government as a trend that could never grow or even sustain itself for long (because all those sex crazed rapists...men...can't withold themselves from sex), it turned out they were wrong. In fact very wrong.

The number of men that have decided to "opt-out" or "unplug from the matrix" in Japan has grown from 18% over 40% in less than two years. These men are not gay, and even the suggestion would be laughable since 40% of male population is certainly not going to be gay.

The Japanese herbivore culture is now coming to Caucasian nations as well, in America, Canada and the UK they go by the name MGTOW's (Men Going Their Own Way). These aren't a bunch of faggots who never had a girlfriend. They are actually men who have had several relationships in the past (or more) and can no longer tolerate the feminist bullshit plaguing modern women.

However, back to Japan. Instead of reversing the wrongs that led to their population and GDP decline by having over 40% of their male population opt-out of society, and after their shame-proganda backfired against Herbivores, by in fact producing more of them, the Women of Japan and their Daddy Government (whose running out of taxes) have decided to FORCE men into marriage and relationships by considering a Bachelor Tax.

Such was the way of ancient Rome when feminazi statutes came into effect as well. Rome imposed a massive bachelor tax that drove many men out of Roman provinces, who then took their knowledge of smithing and weapon-making to barbarian cultures.

Question: Why not impose a Bacheleorette Tax on Women instead in Japan?

A bachelor tax not so unlikely

n theory, the tax applied to both men and women (regardless of their marital status) but in practicality, the tax was paid overwhelmingly by men. This is also clear due to the fact that everyone – men and women – referred to this tax in the common lexicon as taxa pe sulă (literally the tax on the dick).

The reasons for this had a lot to do with biology and with inherent gynocentrism. A woman could get a certificate of infertility fairly easy (even if she was fertile) and that certificate would exempt her from being subjected to this tax. Like in all communist countries, the doctors were State functionaries and were as corrupt as any other functionary in that era so for a few hundred lei or for a few packs of Kent (that cigarette brand was a common currency for many bribes) a doctor would write almost anything you needed on a certificate, as long as it was likely to be true. And given the poor state of the general health following the draconic rationalization plan implemented in 1981, it was quite likely for a woman to be infertile for a certain period of time. Also, due to gynocentrism, a doctor was more likely to accept to lie in a certificate when a woman requested it than when a man did the same.

The tax was levied independent of marital status. Fertile men married to infertile women would routinely be subjected to the celibacy tax. Divorce was, in theory, an option, but there were disincentives for divorce – like the danger of being relegated to a lower paid job for no longer being “morally reliable”.[5]
I didn't realize Japan had such a large victim class.

Forum List

Back