Jane Fonda tells veterans boycotting her movie 'The Butler' to 'get a life'

Mike, with all due respect....just because YOU didn't get spit on or never saw it for yourself does NOT mean it didn't happen. I saw it. Witnessed it. Friends who came home told me they were spat on. Sorry, but my friends making it home from vietnam alive were NOT liars. Nor am I a liar.
Why do you think everyone is so gungho on our soldiers this go round? Because most remember what was done to Nam vets coming home and said that would never happen again.

The funny part is that with the thousands of vets who claim they were spat on there is not a single story from the VietNam era reporting that it happened. No stories of fights from someone who was spat on by some hippie. Nobody reporting they saw it happen.......only recollections 40 years after the fact

We are asked to believe by these nuts that these vets allowed people to spit on them, and did not do a thing about it at the airport, in spite of the fact that they have just returned from 12 months of hunting down and killing Vietnamese in the jungle. If this was the case, all I can say is that it is no wonder that we did not win that war.

Apparently you don't understand the definition of the word "traitor". Look it up.

I understand the definition of traitor very well. It is the giving of aid comfort to our enemy in time of war. However, I need for you to fill me in here. On what date did the USA declare war on North Vietnam? I must have been distracted on that day, because I missed it. As soon as you provide me that date, then I will gree that Jane was a traitor. If you can not do that, then Jane broke no laws for which she can be punished. And no, the "Gulf of Tonkin" resolution is not a declaration of war. The last one that congress passed was in December, 1941.

It's called the Vietnam WAR, not the Vietnam Police Action. You want to argue semantics when 58,209 of our soldiers died and 153,303 of our soldiers were wounded???
The confusion rests in the fact that while our troops were engaged in what may in the rhetorical sense be thought of as a war, the fact is the United States was not at war, our troops were being shamefully and inappropriately misused, and our Nation was acquiring the reputation of an aggressive bully.

(Excerpt)

Since World War II, formal declarations of war have been rare. Rather, nations involved in military conflict (especially the major-power nations) sometimes describe the conflict by fighting the war under the auspices of a "police action".

Police action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Close)

I'm not explaining this to be a smart-ass but rather to acquaint you with an important fact which might help in understanding the reason for Jane Fonda's apparently traitorous conduct, which was in fact a melodramatic method by which she hoped to awaken the American people to the truth, which was our government had no legitimate reason for sending our troops to Vietnam to kill and die or be crippled. But the tragic fact is Government, the media, and the majority of the American public continued calling it a war, and thinking of it as a war, which is exactly what the Military Industrial Complex and its Washington facilitators wanted.

Jane Fonda was successfully branded as a traitor -- in spite of the obvious truth which her intended audience refused to acknowledge.

Well, I guess that my friends and I will have to go to the movie twice to make up for those of you who find it repulsive that Jane plays the part of Nancy Reagan. I admit that this may take it's toll on me, because Nancy Reagan irritated me about as much as Hillary did. I think it would have been better with someone like Cloris Leachman.

Sweet geeze never admit on an open board you are that big a loser.....:eusa_angel:

Cloris Leachman. OMG I'm not sure if there is help for you.

911 911 911 911 911 911

Well, usually, they get Mary Tyler Moore to play president's wives (or Shirley Mclaine), but I don't think either of them look good in red...

I understand the definition of traitor very well. It is the giving of aid comfort to our enemy in time of war. However, I need for you to fill me in here. On what date did the USA declare war on North Vietnam? I must have been distracted on that day, because I missed it. As soon as you provide me that date, then I will gree that Jane was a traitor. If you can not do that, then Jane broke no laws for which she can be punished. And no, the "Gulf of Tonkin" resolution is not a declaration of war. The last one that congress passed was in December, 1941.

It's called the Vietnam WAR, not the Vietnam Police Action. You want to argue semantics when 58,209 of our soldiers died and 153,303 of our soldiers were wounded???
The confusion rests in the fact that while our troops were engaged in what may in the rhetorical sense be thought of as a war, the fact is the United States was not at war, our troops were being shamefully and inappropriately misused, and our Nation was acquiring the reputation of an aggressive bully.

(Excerpt)

Since World War II, formal declarations of war have been rare. Rather, nations involved in military conflict (especially the major-power nations) sometimes describe the conflict by fighting the war under the auspices of a "police action".

(Close)

I'm not explaining this to be a smart-ass but rather to acquaint you with an important fact which might help in understanding the reason for Jane Fonda's apparently traitorous conduct, which was in fact a melodramatic method by which she hoped to awaken the American people to the truth, which was our government had no legitimate reason for sending our troops to Vietnam to kill and die or be crippled. But the tragic fact is Government, the media, and the majority of the American public continued calling it a war, and thinking of it as a war, which is exactly what the Military Industrial Complex and its Washington facilitators wanted.

Jane Fonda was successfully branded as a traitor -- in spite of the obvious truth which her intended audience refused to acknowledge.

No she was Tom's bitch.

You are blathering on endlessly. Jane was Hayden's prop and bitch.

Truly, all of you should really get a grip on Jane's life. At that point of time Jane was Tom Hayden's bitch beyond.

(Excerpt)

(Close)

Oh please. You give this airheaded boob too much credit. She said herself in her autobiography...she was manipulated into sitting on the battery... after being oooh so tired from singing a light hearted little diddy to the north vietnam soldiers , that she needed to rest. She just happened to sit on that gun and...whoopsie...they snapped her picture. The rest is history *rolls eyes* :cuckoo::eusa_liar:

Last edited:
Well, I guess that my friends and I will have to go to the movie twice to make up for those of you who find it repulsive that Jane plays the part of Nancy Reagan. I admit that this may take it's toll on me, because Nancy Reagan irritated me about as much as Hillary did. I think it would have been better with someone like Cloris Leachman.

Please do...and make sure to send us the ticket stubs so we can mock you for being a weenie...and letting a bunch of girls push your buttons on the internet. :eusa_whistle::razz:

Please do...and make sure to send us the ticket stubs so we can mock you for being a weenie...and letting a bunch of girls push your buttons on the internet. :eusa_whistle::razz:

Now, Now, don't lose your "sweet", as they say in the Mormon world to women getting out of line! :razz:

Now, Now, don't lose your "sweet", as they say in the Mormon world to women getting out of line! :razz:

Well...since I am sub-morman...I will just laugh at you and tell you to keep your STD to yourself. ;)

(Excerpt)

(Close)

Oh please. You give this airheaded boob too much credit. She said herself in her autobiography...she was manipulated into sitting on the battery... after being oooh so tired from singing a light hearted little diddy to the north vietnam soldiers , that she needed to rest. She just happened to sit on that gun and...whoopsie...they snapped her picture. The rest is history *rolls eyes* :cuckoo::eusa_liar:
So why do you believe Fonda went there and placed herself in such a dangerous position?

(Excerpt)

(Close)

So why do you believe Fonda went there and placed herself in such a dangerous position?

Hayden photo op

we all know it. why are we even debating this>

(Excerpt)

(Close)

Because she is and was a useful idiot. She claims she went to expose the lies of our government because our "guys" were dying. Yet ,she does this by telling even bigger whoppers of her own putting them further at risk. Typical liberal, tries to have it both ways and when confronted lies their ass off.

During her trip, Fonda made ten radio broadcasts in which she denounced American political and military leaders as "war criminals". Fonda has defended her decision to travel to North Vietnam and her radio broadcasts. Also during the course of her visit, Fonda visited American prisoners of war (POWs), and brought back messages from them to their families. When cases of torture began to emerge among POWs returning to the United States, Fonda called the returning POWs "hypocrites and liars". She added, "These were not men who had been tortured. These were not men who had been starved. These were not men who had been brainwashed." Later, on the subject of torture used during the Vietnam War, Fonda told The New York Times in 1973, "I'm quite sure that there were incidents of torture ... but the pilots who were saying it was the policy of the Vietnamese and that it was systematic, I believe that's a lie." Fonda said the POWs were "military careerists and professional killers" who are "trying to make themselves look self-righteous, but they are war criminals according to the law".

Please note her hypocricy in calling the soldiers "war criminals"...when she could be considered the same for committing treason.

Last edited:
Mike, with all due respect....just because YOU didn't get spit on or never saw it for yourself does NOT mean it didn't happen. I saw it. Witnessed it. Friends who came home told me they were spat on. Sorry, but my friends making it home from vietnam alive were NOT liars. Nor am I a liar.
Why do you think everyone is so gungho on our soldiers this go round? Because most remember what was done to Nam vets coming home and said that would never happen again.

The funny part is that with the thousands of vets who claim they were spat on there is not a single story from the VietNam era reporting that it happened. No stories of fights from someone who was spat on by some hippie. Nobody reporting they saw it happen.......only recollections 40 years after the fact

Yeah, well there are many things that happened in history that are not on the internet because the internet did not exist when it happend. DUH! :cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_-TBirrPiQ]Anti-War Protester Spits on Iraq War Veteran - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah, well there are many things that happened in history that are not on the internet because the internet did not exist when it happend. DUH! :cuckoo:

I can find news stories on the Internet that were written a hundred years ago

What I love about these spitter stories is there is no documentation from the era. No news stories,no letters describing the incident, no police reports.....nothing

And when you ask specifics from those who claim they were spat upon you get the same response.......I don't want to talk about it

Last edited:

Forum List

Back