James Webb space telescope. 10 billion dollars, wasted in space.

Ten billion?
Why that is only 10% of the hundred billion wasted to Covid fraud.

Think of all those starving people.
China's population did not surge into the fantastic numbers it is today until the missionaries came and saved all those starving people. The first thing starving people do is become dependent on you and breed like crazy.

What overpopulation? This planet can support billions more, all that's needed is the will to allow it to happen.
If it was properly managed, that will never happen with the human population on this planet they are very irresponsible that's why this is a beginner world that's why alien races have not contacted us for several thousand years now they do not appreciate what we've become. The tribalism of religion continues to this day. The war goes on as we kill one another.

Perhaps.

That seems to be speculation. There has been other speculation as well, for the past thirty years. . .

I have heard that a lot of clean energy tech is being purposely suppressed, patents have been bought up and shelved for decades, or only used by governments, for. . . reasons, which I will not get into.

If that were, er. . . released, then, desalinization of sea water would be possible. A lot of folks have no idea how many tons of resources would be unlocked from ocean water were it to be processed with unlimited free energy. . .

That would be much cheaper than mining comets and asteroids. And? IMO, there are very powerful folks that know all of this, but they don't want to have a planet with this many people benefiting from that. . . . it would be a threat to the natural world. So they need to limit growth, or even start to decrease the population before they release that genie from that bottle first.

They are already approaching the time, when, they will be able to extend human life, and youth, much longer than most folks would ever imagine. So, obviously, they believe more control needs to be exerted over society before they can release that tech. And old sources of energy are running low. . . .
Yes resources are running low, we've totally mismanaged this planet. Man is resourceful, he will find a way before All is Lost.

An equatorial elevator would greatly reduce the payload costs, but would take an immense investment and be the most complicated human engineering effort.
View attachment 579702

Humans venturing into space is an inevitable, the OP lacks imagination and vision and has created this thread a dozen times.
Isn't that the platform for one of the new Star Trek movies ? Nice idea, but on the practical basis, how did they fit all the structural metal into their ship in the first place ? It doesn't seem possible in a spatial sense.

We should first try to solve the many problems here on Earth, before we look to colonize or venture out to other planets, that may not even be able to support human existence. Fix the problems in our home Earth, before we look to venture away from the Earth.

We should first try to solve the many problems here on Earth, before we look to colonize or venture out to other planets, that may not even be able to support human existence. Fix the problems in our home Earth, before we look to venture away from the Earth.
No, stupid. We will never solve every problem on earth and we will never stop exploring the unknown.

Fix the problems in your own life before you start telling people what to do.

Or do you not like your logic applied to you?

I hear that the James Webb space telescope cost 10 billion dollars to make. When will this throwing money away on these space projects end.? We keeps spending money on these Mars rovers, exploring a dead planet, now we have just wasted 10 billion dollars on this James Webb telescope. People are still starving here on Earth, in Afghanistan, and Ethiopia. When will this wasting money in insignificant space exploration going to end? Your thoughts.

Right now one big asteroid can end civilization. Morons love to waste money on climate change "research", but intelligent people know that only an asteroid is truly world ending.

Any technogy developed for this telescope, and any discoveries made by this telescope will increase mankinds chances of survival as a species.

Only space exploration has that ability.

We'll miss you........

Walk AND chew gum?!

thats-impossible-star-wars.gif

I hear that the James Webb space telescope cost 10 billion dollars to make. When will this throwing money away on these space projects end.? We keeps spending money on these Mars rovers, exploring a dead planet, now we have just wasted 10 billion dollars on this James Webb telescope. People are still starving here on Earth, in Afghanistan, and Ethiopia. When will this wasting money in insignificant space exploration going to end? Your thoughts.
That 10 billion paid earthling's salaries and will make our current technology here on earth better.

Fix the problems in your own life before you start telling people what to do.

Or do you not like your logic applied to you?
What problems?, your the one that wants to get off this rock called Earth, and go to live on Mars or another planet. I love the Earth, and would not want to go any where else. Fix your problem with living here on Earth,

What problems?, your the one that wants to get off this rock called Earth, and go to live on Mars or another planet. I love the Earth, and would not want to go any where else. Fix your problem with living here on Earth,
I'm too old to colonize another rock. When I was younger, I would have jumped at the chance without a look back.

My thought is that you don't know the first thing about what you are talking about. None of that money for the scope came from Afghanistan or Ethiopia. Almost every bit of technology around you today came from the space program. Or war. In six months when Webb is up and running, it will revolutionize our understanding of the universe, as far above Hubble as Hubble was above Yerkes, perhaps ultimately saving mankind from eventual extinction.

And if we'd given them $10 billion, there would still be starving people.

Maybe this is a good place to point out that if Webb is so damned expensive, what Biddum and the democrats are trying to do right now in bills they want passed, would pay for SIX HUNDRED Webb telescopes.

The other point is that the very people telling us a few years ago that America simply couldn't afford to spend 20 billion to create a new, good border wall are now fighting tooth and nail to spend 300 times as much! And telling us we cannot afford NOT to spend it! :shok:

Ahh, yes, the quixotic, inscrutable mind of a progressive. :smoke:

We all love the Earth, that's why we need to develop the technology to protect it from an asteroid.

Duh.

Forum List

Back