James Webb space telescope. 10 billion dollars, wasted in space.

We should first try to solve the many problems here on Earth, before we look to colonize or venture out to other planets, that may not even be able to support human existence. Fix the problems in our home Earth, before we look to venture away from the Earth.
The free enterprise system that we have in place now is an excuse to continue raping the environment. The whole concept of how we utilize all resources on this planet has to be reviewed and adjusted so we're working harmony with nature instead of working against it.

Perhaps.

That seems to be speculation. There has been other speculation as well, for the past thirty years. . .

I have heard that a lot of clean energy tech is being purposely suppressed, patents have been bought up and shelved for decades, or only used by governments, for. . . reasons, which I will not get into.

If that were, er. . . released, then, desalinization of sea water would be possible. A lot of folks have no idea how many tons of resources would be unlocked from ocean water were it to be processed with unlimited free energy. . .

That would be much cheaper than mining comets and asteroids. And? IMO, there are very powerful folks that know all of this, but they don't want to have a planet with this many people benefiting from that. . . . it would be a threat to the natural world. So they need to limit growth, or even start to decrease the population before they release that genie from that bottle first.

They are already approaching the time, when, they will be able to extend human life, and youth, much longer than most folks would ever imagine. So, obviously, they believe more control needs to be exerted over society before they can release that tech. And old sources of energy are running low. . . .
Space resources will have the useful quality of already being in space. That may eventually make it easier for us to build giant space structures, no?

It's also the kind of technology that will lead to us being able to detect and alter the course of things that could hit Earth.

Last edited:
I hear that the James Webb space telescope cost 10 billion dollars to make. When will this throwing money away on these space projects end.? We keeps spending money on these Mars rovers, exploring a dead planet, now we have just wasted 10 billion dollars on this James Webb telescope. People are still starving here on Earth, in Afghanistan, and Ethiopia. When will this wasting money in insignificant space exploration going to end? Your thoughts.

I don't give a shit about Third Worlds assholes that can't get their shit together.

I don't want my tax payer money going to them. I am not responsible for them. They need to provide for their own food.

However, the James Webb observer will tell us wonderful things about our universe and I don't mind my money being used for that.

It's also the kind of technology that will lead to us being able to detect and alter the course of things that could hit Earth.

This is what I agree with.

I am not sure what else it will be good for. I don't know why we would want to build giant space structures, other than to deflect cosmic harms from the planet. . .

Or perhaps, to defeat the inter-dimensional beings that seem to want to exert control over us. . .

But? Perhaps we should first find out the nature of these entities and WHY they seem so keen to exert that control. They might, in the end, have our best interests in mind. . . who can say?

:dunno:

:71:

I hear that the James Webb space telescope cost 10 billion dollars to make. When will this throwing money away on these space projects end.? We keeps spending money on these Mars rovers, exploring a dead planet, now we have just wasted 10 billion dollars on this James Webb telescope. People are still starving here on Earth, in Afghanistan, and Ethiopia. When will this wasting money in insignificant space exploration going to end? Your thoughts.

The space program is one of the few government programs I used to support. Elon Musk proved that the government just needs to stay out of the way

Space resources will have the useful quality of already being in space. That may eventually make it easier for us to build giant space structures, no?

For thousands upon thousands of years mankind on this planet has gazed up in wonder at the stars; the dream of visiting them is refreshing and wonderful. That hope is what will " make it so ".

The Western States in America are in a prolonged drought. Lake meade is at historic lows.There is a global drought situation that is upon the Earth. Let us spend some of this NASA space bone doggle money on reverse osmosis sea water purification systems, to convert the sea water to clean
drinking water for people out west and the rest of the world.

The Western States in America are in a prolonged drought. Lake meade is at historic lows.There is a global drought situation that is upon the Earth. Let us spend some of this NASA space bone doggle money on reverse osmosis sea water purification systems, to convert the sea water to clean

Liberals in California are against desalinization.

Most every technology and convenience you rely on today came from the space program.

Water recycling plants are more efficient and less costly in the long run. Some use of desalinization plants couldn't hurt. I'm sure the big infrastructure package Biden wanted to pass to improve the nation had money towards those ends.

Liberals in California are against desalinization.
I'm not but the report says:
The proposed desalination plant would be on low-lying land about 30 miles (50 km) south of Los Angeles.​
“By 2050 to 2070, the surrounding area may be flooded regularly,” the report said.​

That doesn't sound political so much as practical.

The proposed desalination plant would be on low-lying land about 30 miles (50 km) south of Los Angeles.​
“By 2050 to 2070, the surrounding area may be flooded regularly,” the report said.​

“By 2050 to 2070, the surrounding area may be flooded regularly,” the report said.

Not a problem if you die of thirst before then.

:lol:

Funding doesn't work like that, and it would be a "be careful what you wish for" situation anyway.

A plan for the future which doesn't take into account for climate change isn't very smart thinking. I don't know how large the area is but Earth moving equipment could easily raise the whole area . They do it all the time here in Omaha, as the city grows entire hills are removed and valleys are filled in, it's quite amazing.

It is a brilliant investment. Your complaints are trivial, short sighted and kind of stupid.

Water recycling plants are more efficient and less costly in the long run. Some use of desalinization plants couldn't hurt. I'm sure the big infrastructure package Biden wanted to pass to improve the nation had money towards those ends.
The only thing Biden wanted to improve with his "infrastructure" package is the bank accounts of his cronies.

Forum List

Back