James Webb space telescope. 10 billion dollars, wasted in space.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
I hear that the James Webb space telescope cost 10 billion dollars to make. When will this throwing money away on these space projects end.? We keeps spending money on these Mars rovers, exploring a dead planet, now we have just wasted 10 billion dollars on this James Webb telescope. People are still starving here on Earth, in Afghanistan, and Ethiopia. When will this wasting money in insignificant space exploration going to end? Your thoughts.

My thoughts are that whatever gets us a step closer to getting off this rock is a good investment in the survival of the human species.
Where are we going?, we can not live on Mars, the atmosphere is to thin, and there is just to much radiation. Where are you going to live, there is nothing on the Moon, no water no air. What is this insane notion about going somewhere else other than the Earth?! Where are we going? and for what reason.? This space exploration is insane, and a waste of money, that could be better spent right here on Earth helping people on Earth that need help.

I hear that the James Webb space telescope cost 10 billion dollars to make. When will this throwing money away on these space projects end.? We keeps spending money on these Mars rovers, exploring a dead planet, now we have just wasted 10 billion dollars on this James Webb telescope. People are still starving here on Earth, in Afghanistan, and Ethiopia. When will this wasting money in insignificant space exploration going to end? Your thoughts.

Was all.this wasted money done under Biden? How coincidental.

Where are we going?, we can not live on Mars, the atmosphere is to thin, and there is just to much radiation. Where are you going to live, there is nothing on the Moon, no water no air. What is this insane notion about going somewhere else other than the Earth?! Where are we going? and for what reason.? This space exploration is insane, and a waste of money, that could be better spent right here on Earth helping people on Earth that need help.
It's a big ol' universe. And until we can get out there in it, we can build colonies under the Moon's surface and habitats at the LaGrange points between the Earth and the Moon.

As it is, we're just one falling mountain away from extinction.

I dont have a problem with exploring space with unmanned spacecraft but we really need to find out how we can reach speeds that will make real space travel possible.
If we cant crack that nut we aren't going anywhere.
I guess the other option would be suspended animation. But we aren't any closer to that then we are to breaking the speed of light.

Are some of you people reading what you are posting? "Suspended animation" "Speed of light"
"unravelling the universe" it all sounds crazy. How does all that quackery improve our lives here on the Earth.?Many of you grown people need to get your heads examined! We can not exist in space or on any world where there is no water or oxygen.!!

Forum List

Back