James Gandolfini, Star of the Sopranos dead at 51

Just out of curiosity I looked up Edie Falco who played Carmella, Tony's wife, and she is only 50 this year... The Sopranos aired from 1999 to 2007 so that made her 36 and him 37 that first year.

They both seemed well into their 40s back then to me for some reason.

Just a couple of factoids..

I just read an article reminding me about an HBO special that Gandolfini hosted (and I think pioneered) called "Alive Day Memories". Anyone remember that? Gandolfini just sat down and spoke with various wounded veteran from Iraq. Perhaps he was a true patriot.

There will be a day when we all pass from this life. I hope his family finds comfort.

Amen! Healthy diet or no...smoker or no...we're all gonna have to ultimately face our own death.

The blessing here is that it sounds like Gandolfini went fairly quick. Not a bad end I'd say.

God speed James!

Just out of curiosity I looked up Edie Falco who played Carmella, Tony's wife, and she is only 50 this year... The Sopranos aired from 1999 to 2007 so that made her 36 and him 37 that first year.

I am surprised that Edie Falco is so young, she did look a lot older than she was. Sad.

A sales rep for a pacemaker company once told me men's heart-attack season is 45-55. If you have one earlier than that, it's almost always fatal. One after that isn't usually fatal because the heart has made allowances for the wear and tear it's suffered. Between 45-55, it's a crap-shoot. He said men of that age should always carry a couple aspirins and hope for the best.
mellow_zpsb3da8239.png

Last edited:

Yeah they both seemed well worn

Nobody gets forever

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yeah they both seemed well worn

Nobody gets forever

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

She is still playing Nurse Jackie. She looks really good now. I saw Meadow on Watch What Happens Live and she was saying what a lovely person James G was. Meadow was always such a beauty, she's very pregnant right now.

Sopranos, probably the best TV series ever and he was good in everything I saw him in.
Best Cable series for sure! My Wife and I loved watching every show.

BUT - look at him. Overweight, smoker and probably a meat eater. Why do we dig our own graves with a fork? Its not like we don't know that eating meat and smoking will shorten our lives. He was only 51yo. My own dad died at the age of 54 after a lifetime of a meat based diet and smoking. A few days ago was the anniversary of his death - Father's Day.
I consume eggs and meat every day but my Doctor is always amazed at my healthy Blood Work Numbers and I'm always happy to explain it to him.

Reason being is that I don't eat bread or pasta, sugar, processed carbohydrates and pre-processed meat like bologna. That stuff is like a slow poison and will kill you, sooner or later. I don't eat ANY Fast Food either.

The best tribute to "The Sopranos" came from the rackets boys themselves....they loved that show and were heard raving about the show's accurate portrayals on FBI wiretaps. I was in a pickle at the end for dropping cable because of our local pirate's monopoly on the market and my dish being blown off my roof a year earlier during a nasty monsoon storm. Luckily my ex-girlfriend took pity on me and sent the last two episodes on VHS tapes.....nice of her but I can't say I liked the ending.
yawn.gif

I will never understand the adoration of people who spend their whole lives trying to be someone else!!!

:eusa_whistle:

Best
Reason being is that I don't eat bread or pasta, sugar, processed carbohydrates and pre-processed meat like bologna. That stuff is like a slow poison and will kill you, sooner or later. I don't eat ANY Fast Food either.

Same here.....although Arbys sandwiches and potato cakes are still my weakness. No bread, sugar in one coffee a day only, and no processed foods....I dropped 20 pounds in 8 weeks doing that plus starting to run again after taking a year off to let my arches heal.

I will never understand the adoration of people who spend their whole lives trying to be someone else!!!

:eusa_whistle:

All actors are schizophrenics...they talk about a role they did in the third person like it's just a job but I don't believe that other than they have to do the same lines over and over and over again before the director says it's right. That would be tedious....and probably why most of them are dopers and drunks and eventually go nuts. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back