Jail would be 'inappropriate' for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, general says during desertion hearing

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
He said Bergdahl emulated the individualist character John Galt in Ayn Rand's “Atlas Shrugged,” who was “willing to sacrifice himself for the cause.” He said Bergdahl also mentioned his interest in the “samurai code,” which dictates that “if you see what you perceive to be a moral wrong, you act immediately” — regardless of the consequences.

Bergdahl's idealism was partly why, before joining the Army, he had “washed out” of the U.S. Coast Guard during boot camp, Dahl said.

Once he joined the Army, Bergdahl found fault with his training and commanders, but was “very motivated to deploy” and not “sympathetic to the other side,” Dahl said. Rather, he was frustrated that he couldn't “play a bigger role.”

“Sgt. Bergdahl perceived a problem in the leadership of his platoon and that the problem was so severe that it put members of the platoon in danger,” Dahl said.
Jail would be 'inappropriate' for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, general says during desertion hearing

This was an interesting read.

I agree jail is inappropriate. He should be placed against a concrete wall and shot. Dahl's opinion isn't unanimous, quite the minor view. It is not a soldier's place to take action against superiors. I was in the Coast Guard, I don't know why he couldn't cut it but we learn about the chain of command. Going around it is disruptive and very against military protocol.

For all I know Dahl could be vying for an obama cabinet position.

I agree jail is inappropriate. He should be placed against a concrete wall and shot. Dahl's opinion isn't unanimous, quite the minor view. It is not a soldier's place to take action against superiors. I was in the Coast Guard, I don't know why he couldn't cut it but we learn about the chain of command. Going around it is disruptive and very against military protocol.

For all I know Dahl could be vying for an obama cabinet position.

Too many served with honor to let this slime slide. It's a slap in the face to each that did

He said Bergdahl emulated the individualist character John Galt in Ayn Rand's “Atlas Shrugged,” who was “willing to sacrifice himself for the cause.” He said Bergdahl also mentioned his interest in the “samurai code,” which dictates that “if you see what you perceive to be a moral wrong, you act immediately” — regardless of the consequences.

Bergdahl's idealism was partly why, before joining the Army, he had “washed out” of the U.S. Coast Guard during boot camp, Dahl said.

Once he joined the Army, Bergdahl found fault with his training and commanders, but was “very motivated to deploy” and not “sympathetic to the other side,” Dahl said. Rather, he was frustrated that he couldn't “play a bigger role.”

“Sgt. Bergdahl perceived a problem in the leadership of his platoon and that the problem was so severe that it put members of the platoon in danger,” Dahl said.

This was an interesting read.
It's also total BS.

Nobody likes their leaders....but you're obligated to follow lawful orders, regardless how it might offend you.
That's just part of being a soldier.

If he wanted to be an individual, the SOB should become a comedian or a politician....not put on a uniform.

It's pretty clear that Obama researched this little traitor and picked him for the very reason he's being courtmartialed for. Because he's a little treasonous bastard who screwed up and got some of his unit members killed.

Obama loves that sort of thing.

I can just see him up against the wall, Obama walks out and whispers in his ear...

"Son, I'd like to pardon you, but it would hurt my poll numbers"

I wonder if the Hussein administration had anything to do with a freaking General assigned to Bergdahl's defense team.

I wonder if the Hussein administration had anything to do with a freaking General assigned to Bergdahl's defense team.
Pig-in-a-Poke.jpg

One must consider the fact that at some point depending upon the sentence Obama will have to get involved by signing off on the sentence. By getting him involved you open the fact that he approved the exchange of 5 terrorists for Bergdahl. Something the administration and Obama lovers wish to forget.

Forum List

Back