J. Kerry using the the troops, for political gain. yuk

Discussion in 'Military' started by Stephanie, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    This came of kerrys website.... I read a comment from someone on another site, that said kerry is using this for a so called win for him come Dec, because at the time Iraq will have it's election and some troop's would most likey be comming home anyway. So this is just another low life democrat stunt. :nine:

America can no longer tolerate the Bush administration's failed "stay as long as it takes" approach to the war in Iraq. It is time for Congress to demand and for George W. Bush to deliver a clear, concrete plan.

As a first critical step in that direction, I am calling on the Bush administration to respond to the completion of December elections in Iraq by withdrawing 20,000 troops over the holidays.

The way forward in Iraq is not to pull out precipitously or merely promise to "stay as long as it takes." To undermine the insurgency, we have to simultaneously pursue both a political settlement and the withdrawal of American combat forces linked to specific, responsible benchmarks.

The draw down of troops should be tied not to an arbitrary timetable, but to a specific timetable for transfer of political and security responsibility to Iraqis and realignment of our troop deployment. That timetable must be real and strict. The goal should be to withdraw the bulk of American combat forces by the end of 2006.

If George W. Bush refuses to produce a concrete plan for Iraq, then, at the start of 2006, we will demand that Congress acts to take the decision out of his hands. And, if the Republican Congress fails to call the Bush administration to account, we will use the 2006 elections to take the decision out of their hands. We won't stop until we succeed.

2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    This shows Mr. Kerry doesn't give two shits about the people of Iraq.

(shrug).

3. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    You're so biased that you're going to think whatever the Dems do is a stunt. :blah2: You don't even acknowledge that Kerry is calling for troops to come home.

4. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

Uh - of course she is - read the f'ing article.

Look - 'bringing the troops home' sounds well and good, but it could prove destructive and fatal for the young democracy they'd be leaving.

Start caring about others.

5. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    You've heard it a millions times, I'm sure, but here it is one more time. If a date is given when all U.S. troops will leave Iraq, the terrorists will lay low until that date, then flood that country. Then, we'll have another Vietnam slaughter on our hands and yet another country that hates our guts and blames all their problems on us.

6. Hagbard Celine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    At the moment all their problems are our fault. Hell, it was the US that propped old Saddam up to lead Iraq to begin with! Setting a timetable would give the American taxpayers funding this war an objective. Right now we're wasting billions of dollars occupying a country that has little to offer us besides oil. This war wasn't about "caring about the people of Iraq" until it was proven that there were never any WMD so the Bush administration had to make it appear like a worthwhile cause, so the reason for war changed to "bringing democracy to the middle east." If they got serious about getting the Iraqi military and government ready to govern and protect themselves, we'd be out of there lickity split. Right now it seems like their just f*cking around over there. You've all heard the reports that we've only trained one full battalion of Iraqi troops in two years. It's ridiculous. The Iraq war is a cluster f*ck and the sooner we're out of there the better. We don't need a 10-year occupation. Setting a withdrawal date would do nothing more than but an end in sight. If the Iraqis knew we were leaving, they might get serious about protecting themselves and train an army!

7. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

You are dense. What happend to common sense? How did that gene escape you? Really...It's sicking how you pervert and twist reality to suit your ideals.

blah...

8. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360

You can call me whatever you want, but we know that kerry the traitor is not caring about the troop's. And I'm biased?? What are you, your so open and understanding for conservative's from what I can see. :baby4: And I just call it like I see em... :teeth:

9. Hagbard Celine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Kerry's a traitor? I guess actually serving in a war is less patriotic than getting a cush position through your daddy and training on a de-commissioned model plane.:rolleyes: And yeah, you're biased. You interpret a senator calling for the return of troops to their home country as a political stunt. How about Bush holding a staged teleconference with troops in order to reaffirm support for his war strategy while advertising it as an unscripted conversation? I guess you'd just write that off with the multiple other issues his administration has lied to us about.:rolleyes:

10. The ClayTaurus

The ClayTaurus Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Very little of what any politician does these days isn't a stunt. I don't know why people continue to act shocked about it, it's not like it's anything new.