J D Salinger passes

I don't really care one way or another. Not a fan but his books don't suck.... but.... I find myself genuinely irritated by the term 'passes', he died. Can we not just say 'died'. It's not like typing the word will kill ya.

I agree with just typing, "died', and I have used 'passes' a lot over the years for some reason.
Makes more sense to tell it like it really is. I like your last sentence "It's not like typing the word will kill ya." :lol:

The mystery grows: What's in Salinger's safe? - Yahoo! News

Stories about a possible Salinger trove have been around for a long time. In 1999, New Hampshire neighbor Jerry Burt said the author had told him years earlier that he had written at least 15 unpublished books kept locked in a safe at his home. A year earlier, author and former Salinger girlfriend Joyce Maynard had written that Salinger used to write daily and had at least two novels stored away.

I could see J.D stop publishing due to being a recluse but I couldn't see J.D not writing for over forty years. Only question is how many books are left unpublished.

Margaret Salinger, the author's daughter, wrote in a memoir published in 2000 that J.D. Salinger had a precise filing system for his papers: A red mark meant the book could be released "as is," should the author die. A blue mark meant that the manuscript had to be edited.

"There is a marvelous peace in not publishing," J.D. Salinger told The New York Times in 1974. "Publishing is a terrible invasion of my privacy. I like to write. I love to write. But I write just for myself and my own pleasure."

Let's hope he has allowed his estate to publish some of his work, and I read the same article. I plan on trying to find the stuff he published in New Yorker and in the Evening Post.

yeah you on the day of his death say he was a terrible writer and a horrible human being.

Your some real fucking hero huh?

Wow. Passive-aggressive much?
The funny part is that I refused to tell her what I know about him privately and then she flipped out because she wanted some dirt on him yet she admonished me for saying something bad about him :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back