J D Salinger passes

What a lousy writer. A mean bastard too. He lived near our summer place and I am friends with a member of his family. I could tell stories.

spill the beans!!!! let's here the mean bastard stories. what did he do kick puppies and little kids?

What a lousy writer. A mean bastard too. He lived near our summer place and I am friends with a member of his family. I could tell stories.

He may been a poor human being, but a lousy writer he was not. Maybe you have to be a male to appreciate Catcher in the Rye. I guess that explains why most of the girls that have borrowed it from me didn't like it that much. :lol:

Last edited:

He may been a poor human being, but a lousy writer he was not. Maybe you have to be a male to appreciate Catcher in the Rye. I guess that explains why most of the girls that have borrowed it from me didn't like it that much. :lol:
Raise High the Roofbeam was bearable. He was a schlock writer, IMO. I know women who liked it and men who hated it.

I'm a male, I read it, I thought it was one of the worst novels I'd ever read in my entire life.

yeah you on the day of his death say he was a terrible writer and a horrible human being.

Your some real fucking hero huh?

I'm a male, I read it, I thought it was one of the worst novels I'd ever read in my entire life.

true story. overrated by a culture that was too vanilla to predict columbine.

Always thought it was funny, as an example of the disconnect of that book and its lack of longevity, back in the day everyone was in an uproar because the kid cussed and shit... never mind the chain smoking.. These days, we wouldn't give a shit about the kid's vocab but we'd see every pink lunger organization screaming bloody fucking murder about a protagonist that smoked tobacco like that.

again, highly overrated. Damn near trite, given the horrible shit associated with possession of that book.

Raise High the Roofbeam was bearable. He was a schlock writer, IMO. I know women who liked it and men who hated it.
Meh. I may have liked it when I read it because I was an angst-hemorrhaging teenager at the time. I don't plan on reading it again, but maybe I'd agree with you if I did.

yeah you on the day of his death say he was a terrible writer and a horrible human being.

Your some real fucking hero huh?
And being dead would make him even less so?

I guess you're pissed you aren't going to get any gossip from me.

Maybe you can find some about Nancy Kerrigan's father if that sort of thing excites you.

Meh. I may have liked it when I read it because I was an angst-hemorrhaging teenager at the time. I don't plan on reading it again, but maybe I'd agree with you if I did.
It could be. Don't re-read it and hold on to your good memories. :eusa_angel:

spill the beans!!!! let's here the mean bastard stories. what did he do kick puppies and little kids?
Screamed at little kids on horseback. Me! That's all I'm gonna tell. ;)

You have issues! ;)

What were you doing? Riding through his property without permission? That is trespassing you know?

As for Catcher in the Rye had to read it in high school... er I was supposed to read it. I never got all the way through it. I don't think I have ever tried to read anything else from him.

Rest In Peace Mr. Salinger.

Immie

Forum List

Back