It's your culture....

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
It's funny how things are seen these days. Suddenly there are cultures that just can't make it. And of course there is one sucessful culture that made it only because they worked harder. Nothing else. And the other cultures are just blaming them only because they don't want to work hard like the so called sucessful culture.

Mod Note: Please do not post in red. That is reserved for moderation notes. Thanks

colour-blind racism
Sat May 31st 2008 by abagond

Colour-blind racism (1970- ), also known as aversive racism, is racism that acts as if skin colour does not matter – even when it does. It is the most common form of racism among white Americans who grew up after the fall of Jim Crow in the 1960s. It takes the place of Jim Crow racism, the meaner, more naked white racism common in the 1950s and before.

Political correctness and the idea of hate speech grew out of colour-blind racism. So did the welfare queen and model minority stereotypes. It helped to spread the word “African American”.

Colour-blind racists say things like this:
It’s not race, it’s economics …
It’s not race, it’s culture …
It’s not race, it depends on a person’s background …
I’m not prejudiced, but …
I’m not black, but …
One of my best friends is black.
My cousin married a black man.
I voted for Barack Obama.
I don’t see you as black.

And believe things like this:
I am not racist.
Blacks are not willing to work hard.
Blacks want everything handed to them.
Blacks hold themselves back, not racism.
Blacks are unfairly favoured, whites are not.
Blacks do not want to live with us (or eat at our table).
Blacks live in the past. They need to get over it and move on.
Blacks need to pull themselves up from the bottom like everyone else.
Blacks cry racism for everything even though they are the racist ones.

Notice how white people never seem to do anything bad.

While they would agree with most of those statements, they would have a hard time saying them straight out like that. Race makes them uncomfortable. Their statements would be more long-winded and watered down, throwing in phrases like those from the first list, even the one about the cousin.

They seem to think that if they do not say the words then racism will somehow go away by magic. As if racism is just a matter of words.

They rarely think of themselves as “white” and avoid saying the word “black” in public, even when they are thinking it. Their supposed colour-blindness is a front.

For example, I have heard white people talk about someone who I knew had to be black just by the way they bent over backwards to avoid saying the word “black”. Yet when they left the room and thought I could not hear, they said “black” just as plain as day, as if they were talking about their dress.

They avoid the word “race” too. Instead they use words like “culture”, “background”, “ethnicity”. That is why they like the word “African American” so much: it seems colour-blind.

They are not as mean or violent as Jim Crow racists, nor do they wear their racism well. Unlike Jim Crow racists, they are willing to vote for a black man for president. But they still look down on blacks and still believe the stereotypes, adding some of their own.

They are not as colour-blind as they think. The only colour they are truly blind to is white.

colour-blind racism

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny how things are seen these days. Suddenly there are cultures that just can't make it. And of course there is one sucessful culture that made it only because they worked harder. Nothing else. And the other cultures are just blaming them only because they don't want to work hard like the so called sucessful culture.

colour-blind racism

Colour-blind racism (1970- ), also known as aversive racism, is racism that acts as if skin colour does not matter – even when it does. It is the most common form of racism among white Americans who grew up after the fall of Jim Crow in the 1960s. It takes the place of Jim Crow racism, the meaner, more naked white racism common in the 1950s and before.

Political correctness and the idea of hate speech grew out of colour-blind racism. So did the welfare queen and model minority stereotypes. It helped to spread the word “African American”.

I’m not black, but …

I am not racist.

While they would agree with most of those statements, they would have a hard time saying them straight out like that. Race makes them uncomfortable. Their statements would be more long-winded and watered down, throwing in phrases like those from the first list, even the one about the cousin.

They seem to think that if they do not say the words then racism will somehow go away by magic. As if racism is just a matter of words.

They rarely think of themselves as “white” and avoid saying the word “black” in public, even when they are thinking it. Their supposed colour-blindness is a front.

For example, I have heard white people talk about someone who I knew had to be black just by the way they bent over backwards to avoid saying the word “black”. Yet when they left the room and thought I could not hear, they said “black” just as plain as day, as if they were talking about their dress.

They avoid the word “race” too. Instead they use words like “culture”, “background”, “ethnicity”. That is why they like the word “African American” so much: it seems colour-blind.

They are not as mean or violent as Jim Crow racists, nor do they wear their racism well. Unlike Jim Crow racists, they are willing to vote for a black man for president. But they still look down on blacks and still believe the stereotypes, adding some of their own.

They are not as colour-blind as they think. The only colour they are truly blind to is white.

colour-blind racism
:boohoo:

That's gotta be the most annoying shade of red.

I never even read anything typed in that shade of red, even if a mod types it, I skip right over it. It's blinding.

Use a little darker shade, somethign a little more ergonomic, and I'll read it.

I never even read anything typed in that shade of red, even if a mod types it, I skip right over it. It's blinding.

Use a little darker shade and I'll read it.
It's a colour thing.......

Use a little darker shade, somethign a little more ergonomic, and I'll read it.
congratulations, you are not colour blind!

Replace the word "Blacks" with IM2 at the beginning of each sentence and they describe him perfectly. ... :thup: .. :lol: :lol:

Mod Note: Please do not post in red. That is reserved for moderation notes. Thanks

colour-blind racism

I’m not black, but …

I am not racist.

colour-blind racism
There are a few of those on here. They get genuinely upset when they get called out on it.

Ive got a variant on that which might be a UK exclusive.

When sports pundits describe a player they only compare him to a player of the same colour.

As in -

Young Ampadu is a great prospect. Reminds me very much of a young Frank Rijkaard

Wheras he is only like that player in terms of his skin colour.

It makes me shake my head every time.

colour-blind racism

I’m not black, but …

I am not racist.

colour-blind racism
I was watching 3:10 to Yuma on tv last night. The guy says, "what we need to do is get a bunch of n*#*$rs in here to show these asians what hard work looks like."

colour-blind racism

I’m not black, but …

I am not racist.

colour-blind racism
I was watching 3:10 to Yuma on tv last night. The guy says, "what we need to do is get a bunch of n*#*$rs in here to show these asians what hard work looks like."

And you clapped your hands and giggled like a little girl.

colour-blind racism

I’m not black, but …

I am not racist.

colour-blind racism

What's a world view, IM2?

And the usual suspects sill whine.

colour-blind racism

I’m not black, but …

I am not racist.

colour-blind racism

What's a world view, IM2?

Since this s a thread about white American racism......

Often times culture is the problem.

Yep especially when you have a spoiled brat culture that gave themselves everything by denying others through legislation and then lie to themselves about how made it because they value work.

Dr. Umar Johnson Ph.D, Dr. Boyce Watkins Ph.D, Dr. Shonna Etienne.jpg

Forum List

Back