(It's Started) Sarah Palin: I Could Beat President Barack Obama

And got Joe Miller elected!

Oh, wait a tick......
So. That's just one candidate. Palin targeted 20 specific districts that were democrat held during the McCain/Obama election. It was called 'Take back the 20' and guess what? She took back 19 districts.

Sarah Palin's 'Take Back the 20' PAC scores a bull's-eye - Yahoo! News

During the 2010 midterm elections, Sarah Palin went hunting for Democrats and nearly bagged her limit.

"Take Back the 20," Palin's political action committee, targeted 20 congressional districts across the country that John McCain carried in 2008 but had Democratic representatives in Congress.

The results, listed below, are eye-opening. Palin succeeded in 18 of 20 districts, losing in West Virginia's 3rd House District. At this time, the race in Arizona's 8th House District is too close to call.

The 18 Republican winners unseated freshman politicians, congressional veterans and even House Budget Committee Chairman John Spratt.

Here is the list of the 20 candidates Palin endorsed and the 2010 midterm results:

see link;

Yeah. "Forget Joe Miller" now that he was beaten in Palin's home state by a write-in candidate after Palin put a ton of time and energy into his campaign.

You guys have an outstanding capacity to "forget" the things that are inconvenient to your position.

Joe Miller, the New York Special Election, the fact Palin on the ticket couldn't ensure support from Hardcore Red states like Indiana or North Carolina...

At this point, Palin is just like Reagan. If you consider her a success, you have to forget all those annoying things like "facts."

That wont happen. I've been watching the news back and forth tonight after she said this to Barabara Walters and they have interviewed lots of people and several candidates for the GOP and they said they would certainly get behind her if she was the nominee. Palin is GOP all the way and she will unite the Tea Party with the GOP and form her own vision thats different from the old establishment. That is what she did in Alaska and beat 2 Governors with that style of politicking.

She will NEVER gain the GOP nomination....NEVER....Even the toad Rove can see that she is inept. She will lose the GOP nomination, probably to Romney. She will then run as a Bagger. The GOP is scared to death. She costs them the Senate this year and the WH in 2012. That is the way it is going to be.

She can easily take the McCain route to the nomination. Most of the early GOP states are either Caucus states (which favor candidates with a passionate base), or are winner take all, which means Palin just has to win by a razor thin margin.

I know there's a lot of analysis out there that outlines how Palin takes the GOP nomination in 2012. It's actually pretty likely if she decides to run and does even a halfway competent job at it.

The general election is another matter though. I see that as just about unwinnable for Palin short of a complete and total collapse of the USA. Palin is poison to the moderates and motivates the Democrats much like HRC motivates the Republicans. Palin gets literally zero crossover voters, and would have to compromise a great deal to get the moderates. That would kill her most passionate supporters.

Palin's reputation for being a hardliner on the Right kills her chance in the General. You win the general in the Middle, and Palin isn't willing to move Center.

Republicans are too bright to nominate someone with the baggage of Palin. Palin will be the first to declare her candidacy and one of the first Republicans to quit once the primaries start.

As usual, she will blame her quitting on the Liberal Lamestream Media

She will NEVER gain the GOP nomination....NEVER....Even the toad Rove can see that she is inept. She will lose the GOP nomination, probably to Romney. She will then run as a Bagger. The GOP is scared to death. She costs them the Senate this year and the WH in 2012. That is the way it is going to be.

She can easily take the McCain route to the nomination. Most of the early GOP states are either Caucus states (which favor candidates with a passionate base), or are winner take all, which means Palin just has to win by a razor thin margin.

I know there's a lot of analysis out there that outlines how Palin takes the GOP nomination in 2012. It's actually pretty likely if she decides to run and does even a halfway competent job at it.

The general election is another matter though. I see that as just about unwinnable for Palin short of a complete and total collapse of the USA. Palin is poison to the moderates and motivates the Democrats much like HRC motivates the Republicans. Palin gets literally zero crossover voters, and would have to compromise a great deal to get the moderates. That would kill her most passionate supporters.

Palin's reputation for being a hardliner on the Right kills her chance in the General. You win the general in the Middle, and Palin isn't willing to move Center.

Republicans are too bright to nominate someone with the baggage of Palin. Palin will be the first to declare her candidacy and one of the first Republicans to quit once the primaries start.

I think you're too optimistic about the current state of the GOP.

She'll carry Iowa easily if she runs as the Tea Party will just swamp the caucus. I can see her winning the early Winner takes all states by some razor thin margins due to just how motivated the Tea Party supporters are.

The truth is, Palin doesn't have to win many Primaries to lock the nomination up. The GOP may have laughed at the DNC's primary system that let the battle between HRC and Obama go as long as it did, but their system gave them McCain before a majority of the country even had a chance to vote. I see the same thing happening here. Just like Angle, O'Donnell, and Miller: The Tea Party dictates the GOP Nomination, and the more rational GOP voters are left with the decision to jump ship or hold their nose and vote.

She'll carry Iowa easily if she runs as the Tea Party will just swamp the caucus. I can see her winning the early Winner takes all states by some razor thin margins due to just how motivated the Tea Party supporters are.

The truth is, Palin doesn't have to win many Primaries to lock the nomination up. The GOP may have laughed at the DNC's primary system that let the battle between HRC and Obama go as long as it did, but their system gave them McCain before a majority of the country even had a chance to vote. I see the same thing happening here. Just like Angle, O'Donnell, and Miller: The Tea Party dictates the GOP Nomination, and the more rational GOP voters are left with the decision to jump ship or hold their nose and vote.

I think that's correct... .which leaves the other republicans to live with palin or run a third party candidate... the third party candidate then splits the repub vote, especially if its someone like romney... who would take independents and fiscal conservatives... leaving tea party loons and the religious right to palin.

So. That's just one candidate. Palin targeted 20 specific districts that were democrat held during the McCain/Obama election. It was called 'Take back the 20' and guess what? She took back 19 districts.

Sarah Palin's 'Take Back the 20' PAC scores a bull's-eye - Yahoo! News

During the 2010 midterm elections, Sarah Palin went hunting for Democrats and nearly bagged her limit.

"Take Back the 20," Palin's political action committee, targeted 20 congressional districts across the country that John McCain carried in 2008 but had Democratic representatives in Congress.

The results, listed below, are eye-opening. Palin succeeded in 18 of 20 districts, losing in West Virginia's 3rd House District. At this time, the race in Arizona's 8th House District is too close to call.

The 18 Republican winners unseated freshman politicians, congressional veterans and even House Budget Committee Chairman John Spratt.

Here is the list of the 20 candidates Palin endorsed and the 2010 midterm results:

see link;

Yeah. "Forget Joe Miller" now that he was beaten in Palin's home state by a write-in candidate after Palin put a ton of time and energy into his campaign.

You guys have an outstanding capacity to "forget" the things that are inconvenient to your position.

Joe Miller, the New York Special Election, the fact Palin on the ticket couldn't ensure support from Hardcore Red states like Indiana or North Carolina...

At this point, Palin is just like Reagan. If you consider her a success, you have to forget all those annoying things like "facts."

I am not a Reagan fan, but at least he never quit.

That's pretty astute.

No getting around the general though. (Unfortunately for Palin but fortunately for the rest of the Country/World).

Yep. I just find it amusing he's become the Patron Saint to Conservatives considering all that he did. That's the parallel I see with Palin. To really support her as a candidate requires you just flat out poke your brain with a crayon to wipe out all those annoying things like facts.

Sarah, although not easily, can win the nomination if she wants it bad enough, and if the Democrats want her to have it bad enough, so that will cross vote every primary where that is permitted. I would be very surprised to not see that happen.

If she gets the nomination, BHO is re-elected. Heck, a piece of toast could beat her.

Iowa is of no value when you lose New Hampshire the following week. By Super Tuesday, the real republican voters will have sent Palin packing.

Saner voices will be heard and Romney will take command after Super Tuesday

I don't know what you Obamas supporters are thinking---Carter is going for his 2nd term in 2012!!

Jimmy Carter 2012 campaign slogan is "So you missed Bush? How about me?"

Yep. I just find it amusing he's become the Patron Saint to Conservatives considering all that he did. That's the parallel I see with Palin. To really support her as a candidate requires you just flat out poke your brain with a crayon to wipe out all those annoying things like facts.
Reagan ran for president and dropped out of the primarys in 76. He quit!!!

Ronald Reagan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1976, Reagan challenged incumbent President Gerald Ford in a bid to become the Republican Party's candidate for president. Reagan soon established himself as the conservative candidate with the support of like-minded organizations such as the American Conservative Union which became key components of his political base, while President Ford was considered a more moderate Republican.[78]

Reagan's campaign relied on a strategy crafted by campaign manager John Sears of winning a few primaries early to seriously damage the lift-off of Ford's campaign. Reagan won North Carolina, Texas, and California, but the strategy disintegrated[79] and he ended up losing New Hampshire and Florida.[80] As the party's convention neared, Ford appeared close to victory. Acknowledging his party's moderate wing, Reagan chose moderate Republican Senator Richard Schweiker of Pennsylvania as his running mate. Nonetheless, Ford narrowly won with 1,187 delegates to Reagan's 1,070.[80]

Reagan's concession speech emphasized the dangers of nuclear war and the threat posed by the Soviet Union. Though he lost the nomination, he received 307 write-in votes in New Hampshire, 388 votes as an Independent on Wyoming's ballot, and a single electoral vote from a faithless elector in the November election from the state of Washington

In 1976, Reagan challenged incumbent President Gerald Ford in a bid to become the Republican Party's candidate for president. Reagan soon established himself as the conservative candidate with the support of like-minded organizations such as the American Conservative Union which became key components of his political base, while President Ford was considered a more moderate Republican.[78]

Reagan's campaign relied on a strategy crafted by campaign manager John Sears of winning a few primaries early to seriously damage the lift-off of Ford's campaign. Reagan won North Carolina, Texas, and California, but the strategy disintegrated[79] and he ended up losing New Hampshire and Florida.[80] As the party's convention neared, Ford appeared close to victory. Acknowledging his party's moderate wing, Reagan chose moderate Republican Senator Richard Schweiker of Pennsylvania as his running mate. Nonetheless, Ford narrowly won with 1,187 delegates to Reagan's 1,070.[80]

Reagan's concession speech emphasized the dangers of nuclear war and the threat posed by the Soviet Union. Though he lost the nomination, he received 307 write-in votes in New Hampshire, 388 votes as an Independent on Wyoming's ballot, and a single electoral vote from a faithless elector in the November election from the state of Washington

You can't "quit" a job you are applying for.

Damn, you are stupid.

Reagan finished his term of Governor of the largest population state in the country.

Palin? Quit because she couldn't handle a state with the population of a small city

Reagan finished his term of Governor of the largest population state in the country.

Palin? Quit because she couldn't handle a state with the population of a small city
Again, After 25 bogus ethics charges against her, she owed around 500,000 in legal fees to her attorney. The current laws of Alaska required that every single filed ethics complaint to be investigated no matter how ridiculous (being photographed with a fish, wearing a jacket with a logo, receiving “cookie” bribes) and all at the personal cost of the defendant. Had she stayed in office another 16 months, she likely would have been forced into bankruptcy because Alaska law does not automatically cover the legal defense of its governors nor was the Attorney General of the state or someone else designated by the state to defend her like all other states. If you were working in a job that was costing you almost twice as much to go into work everyday than you were making would you stay there?

Even her set up of a legal defense fund like other politicians have was deemed unethical (It was arguably the strictest legal defense fund in history with all the restrictions it had for those who could donate) wherein a politically motivated investigator suggested Palin should just let Alaska taxpayers pay for her legal defense. They wanted Alaskans to take the bullet for the political malice of Palin’s enemies.. In less than a year, she racked up half-a-million (to put this in perspective, her salary as Governor was only 125,000 a year and she had even declined a 25,000 raise by the legislature) in legal charges with much more to come.

One can argue that she should have just fought her enemies instead of letting them win.

If you decide to continue fighting your enemies at the expense of the people you serve is that even ethical? If your presence in office is causing heavy collateral damage to your state, is it smart and ethical to remain in office no matter the cost? Has any politician at the state level attracted the volume of attacks directed at Palin? Is it normal for a governor to go personally bankrupt defending themselves against bogus ethics complaints? Palin incurred almost twice as much legal debt as the salary she drew as governor. Every day she spent in office she was one day closer to personal bankruptcy.

These frivolous lawsuits effectively paralyzed her administration by wasting time and money doing research for countless Freedom of Information Act requests and addressing the ethics charges. The estimated cost of wasted time for the State of Alaska was 2 million and rising. By resigning she effectively took the liberal circus out of Alaska and into mainland America where she could defeat them and she has done it with the midterms as proof and all lawsuits were dismissed as frivilous. She has beaten the odds.

You know...........I'd REALLY love to see the Wasilla Chihuahua try to debate Obama.

The only thing that would be funnier than that would be to see Momma Gerbil on a Celebrity Jeopardy episode.

That is why, Rinata, right now that Obama in head to head polling leads Palin by 11%. Anything can change as we well know, but my bet as the American people get to know Palin better the lead grows for Obama.

The GOP does not want Palin as flag bearer and does not want Tea Party setting the agenda.

I think you're absolutely right. That people think she is qualified to be president just blows my mind. I cannot understand it. I guess a lot of Republican leaders don't understand it either. :lol:

You know.......there's more to the presidency than big boobs and a wink.

Palin seems to think there's "you betcha" as well.

If you don't believe that, then she'll "refudiate" you.

Forum List

Back