It's Official - Some Liberals Have Gone 'Racist' Insane: Pokemon Go is a 'DEATH Sentence' for Blacks

I'll ask again. Have you tried Darkest Dungeon? It has plenty of depth. Some recruited party members won't go out with other members because of religious beliefs. Your party can develop positive or negative quirks or illnesses. When you return to town you can treat their illnesses or quirks. The narration on the game is superb too.

Sounds fun! I'll give it whirl.

Be prepared to start over after several hours lol

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
And then you do jack squat with them....
Oh no....you can use some to 'power up' the others, you can trade them, etc... (Again, thanks, kids! :p)
There is no point in doing any of that stuff....
It's just different. Not your thing. Doesn't mean others can't enjoy it.

Have you tried Darkest Dungeon?
It is not different, it really is pointless.

You build up CP and pound away(literally)with your favorite Pokemon. There are no deep advantages to having one pocket monster over the other(unlike the actual games where there are literally established tiers for all the Pokemon in both the single player campaign and competitive play).
It's a free mobile game bruh. Wtf lol
Sims Freeplay is actually arguably better than the regular Sims games, and it is just as much of a mobile game as Pokemon Go.

Oh no....you can use some to 'power up' the others, you can trade them, etc... (Again, thanks, kids! :p)
There is no point in doing any of that stuff....
It's just different. Not your thing. Doesn't mean others can't enjoy it.

Have you tried Darkest Dungeon?
It is not different, it really is pointless.

You build up CP and pound away(literally)with your favorite Pokemon. There are no deep advantages to having one pocket monster over the other(unlike the actual games where there are literally established tiers for all the Pokemon in both the single player campaign and competitive play).
It's a free mobile game bruh. Wtf lol
Sims Freeplay is actually arguably better than the regular Sims games, and it is just as much of a mobile game as Pokemon Go.
I have NEVER played a F2P game I thought was worth my time. Keyword "my"

I'll ask again. Have you tried Darkest Dungeon? It has plenty of depth. Some recruited party members won't go out with other members because of religious beliefs. Your party can develop positive or negative quirks or illnesses. When you return to town you can treat their illnesses or quirks. The narration on the game is superb too.

Why the hell would anyone want to stress themselves out that much playing an RPG?

In JRPGs there are fights that are too difficult to win without a little luck, or there are tons of successive fights with no save point, or there is the occasional extremely frustrating mini game that gives you the best equipment in the game if you get a perfect score, but that is literally the only times JRPGs ever generate anything even remotely stressful.

Shin Megami Tensei is as hard and frustrating as RPGs ever need to get, and definitely my personal limit.

Why the hell would anyone want to stress themselves out that much playing an RPG?

In JRPGs there are fights that are too difficult to win without a little luck, or there are tons of successive fights with no save point, or there is the occasional extremely frustrating mini game that gives you the best equipment in the game if you get a perfect score, but that is literally the only times JRPGs ever generate anything even remotely stressful.

Shin Megami Tensei is as hard and frustrating as RPGs ever need to get, and definitely my personal limit.

Lightweight

Lightweight

Why?

Shin Megami Tensei is plenty hard for a 1st person(the original games), dungeon crawling, turn based RPG. Fire Emblem has permadeath.

There is no reason to play a game that you have to restart from the beginning after getting well into it, that is not fun.

Lightweight

Why?

Shin Megami Tensei is plenty hard for a 1st person(the original games), dungeon crawling, turn based RPG. Fire Emblem has permadeath.

There is no reason to play a game that you have to restart from the beginning after getting well into it, that is not fun.

It's called rogue lite or permadeath and it is quite challenging.
But you've made my point for me. Not every game is for everyone. Doesn't take away the entertainment value from those who do enjoy them.
Dark Souls 2 had an achievement for beating the game without a single death. So does Alien Isolation. I've never made it but I have fun trying

Looney people are looney. We went down to Carson City yesterday because my daughter is playing it and we had heard through the grapevine that the State Government Buildings were an excellent place to get pokemon. We get there and the place was FILLED with people playing. It was awesome! Black, white, Paiute, Filipino, Asian, EVERYONE was playing it. I even saw a skater punk playing it. No problems, everyone telling each other about what they had found, and where to go find them. It was heart warming to see that.
It an insidious aversion to a strong work ethic, which kills in the name of Pikachu..

Lightweight

Why?

But you've made my point for me. Not every game is for everyone. Doesn't take away the entertainment value from those who do enjoy them.
Dark Souls 2 had an achievement for beating the game without a single death. So does Alien Isolation. I've never made it but I have fun trying

Roguelite is actually a recent, cheap imitation of Roguelike (literally like "Rogue", the original game of the genre), where you cannot save any progress and the game basically never ends until you die a horrible death, so you might want to check those games out.

As for playing truly difficult games, I quite like playing games like God of War on high difficulty settings every once and a while, but when I play RPGs I am not looking to come back to the real world after some quick rage reset.

Lightweight

Why?

Roguelite is actually a recent, cheap imitation of Roguelike (literally like "Rogue", the original game of the genre), where you cannot save any progress and the game basically never ends until you die a horrible death, so you might want to check those games out.

As for playing truly difficult games, I quite like playing games like God of War on high difficulty settings every once and a while, but when I play RPGs I am not looking to come back to the real world after some quick rage reset.

I was playing 3 life games in the 70's & 80's. I was the undisputed master of gallaga & that dragon game with dirk the daring. I could put my quarter in the machine & hear the whining in the line behind me about not getting to play.
And GoW is not difficult lol. Even approaching 50 I can still rock that game.

Lightweight
Why?

I was playing 3 life games in the 70's & 80's. I was the undisputed master of gallaga & that dragon game with dirk the daring. I could put my quarter in the machine & hear the whining in the line behind me about not getting to play.
The achievements at the highest difficulty in God of War games are very hard. Either you have insane reflexes that most people can't have, or you are lying.

Did you know there is a Pokemon Pence in front of The President Trump Towers.... Visiting the Donald... Seeing where the V.P. office will be while in NYC?

pokemon_pence_zpshsviolm9.jpg

Lightweight
Why?

The achievements at the highest difficulty in God of War games are very hard. Either you have insane reflexes that most people can't have, or you are lying.
My gamerscore on LIVE is near a quarter million. Sony & Steam didn't implement their stuff till recently. Even LIVE only started tracking it about 8 years ago.

Have you ever tried Demons Souls or Dark Souls? Those are hard games. There is one coming up that I was in the Alpha for called NIOH, and it looks to be even harder.

Forum List

Back