It’s Not Just Hillary: Scott Walker’s Email Controversy

People keep saying it's illegal? She broke the law. But - is it and did she?

What law was broken?

SCOTT HORSLEY, BYLINE: A State Department spokeswoman says Hillary Clinton did not break any rules by relying solely on her personal email account. Federal law allows government officials to use personal email so long as relevant documents are preserved for history. That's little consolation though to watchdog John Wonderlich. He's with the nonprofit Sunlight Foundation, which promotes government transparency.

JOHN WONDERLICH: She may have complied with the letter of the law, but the spirit of the law is - and our expectations for public service - are public servants use their official email accounts.
In Using Personal Email Aide Says Clinton Didn t Break Law NPR

It seems to be a common practice.

Hillary Clinton s Use Of Personal Email At State Department Raises Questions The Two-Way NPR

No laws seem to be broken other than the fact that it looks bad and certainly doesn't speak well for "transparancy". I have a feeling we're going to be finding out a lot of our potential candidates have done this.

Jakey couldn't even climb out of his footed Dr. Denton Jammies this morning before racing down the basement stairs to launch his DNC directed attack on an actual Republican.

Careful on those stairs, Jakey.....

I can see two years and multiple hearings on Hillary's email-gate. I think one hearing that goes into great depth would be OK though, it'll cost the taxpayers less and won't look like your traditional witch hunt.

They haven't been able to come up with anything substantial on Benghazi so they're looking for anything else they can inflate.

What law was broken?

SCOTT HORSLEY, BYLINE: A State Department spokeswoman says Hillary Clinton did not break any rules by relying solely on her personal email account. Federal law allows government officials to use personal email so long as relevant documents are preserved for history. That's little consolation though to watchdog John Wonderlich. He's with the nonprofit Sunlight Foundation, which promotes government transparency.

JOHN WONDERLICH: She may have complied with the letter of the law, but the spirit of the law is - and our expectations for public service - are public servants use their official email accounts.

Hillary Clinton s Use Of Personal Email At State Department Raises Questions The Two-Way NPR

No laws seem to be broken other than the fact that it looks bad and certainly doesn't speak well for "transparancy". I have a feeling we're going to be finding out a lot of our potential candidates have done this.

The issue will her use of a private server.

What law was broken?

What law was broken?

What law was broken?

What law was broken?

"The State Department has defended Clinton, saying there was no prohibition at the time on using personal email for official business as long as it was preserved."

Google

So you actually believe she "preserved" everything ? ;)

"Hillary Clinton asks State Dept. to release her e-mails"

Um......she used her own server, the State Dept doesn't have them ;)

What law was broken?

What law was broken?

"The State Department has defended Clinton, saying there was no prohibition at the time on using personal email for official business as long as it was preserved."

Google

What I "believe" is irrelevant - everyone is clamoring that she broke the law, there is even a thread claiming she'll go to jail. So what law did she break? Like I said...the longer it goes on, the more politicians come out of the woodwork for doing the same thing.

It doesn't look good for transparency But what actually illegal?

What law was broken?

What law was broken?

Google

What I "believe" is irrelevant - everyone is clamoring that she broke the law, there is even a thread claiming she'll go to jail. So what law did she break? Like I said...the longer it goes on, the more politicians come out of the woodwork for doing the same thing.

They must be "preserved".

If he fucked up, he fucked up and should pay the price just like the hildabeast should.
I guess teaching you the idiocy of hypocrisy is paying off. Good job, OK...there is hope for you yet.

What law was broken?

What law was broken?

Google

They must be "preserved".

Any proof that she's broken any law beyond speculation?

From the unread article......"Before Walker was elected governor, when he was Milwaukee County executive, Walker’s staff kept a secret email system and set up a secret wireless router in Walker’s government office that commingled government and campaign business on private Gmail and Yahoo email accounts....But it didn’t end there. Brian Pierick, one of the secret website’s webmasters, was convicted of enticing a minor. Another Walker webmaster, Timothy Russell, was sentenced to two years in prison and five years’ probation for stealing from a veterans group, using the money for trips to Hawaii and the Caribbean, and formeeting with Herman Cain’s presidential campaign on the veterans’ tab."

ZOMFG!!!!

ZOMFG People!!!

The cousin of the guy who knew someone who worked at the company that set up Walker account did something!!!

He's gonna get recalled cuz of this!!!

From the unread article......"Before Walker was elected governor, when he was Milwaukee County executive, Walker’s staff kept a secret email system and set up a secret wireless router in Walker’s government office that commingled government and campaign business on private Gmail and Yahoo email accounts....But it didn’t end there. Brian Pierick, one of the secret website’s webmasters, was convicted of enticing a minor. Another Walker webmaster, Timothy Russell, was sentenced to two years in prison and five years’ probation for stealing from a veterans group, using the money for trips to Hawaii and the Caribbean, and formeeting with Herman Cain’s presidential campaign on the veterans’ tab."

ZOMFG!!!!

ZOMFG People!!!

The cousin of the guy who knew someone who worked at the company that set up Walker account did something!!!

He's gonna get recalled cuz of this!!!

It's called flinging mud too see if anything sticks.

Forum List

Back