It’s Not Just Hillary: Scott Walker’s Email Controversy

Scott Walker kept his campaign activities on a email account separate from his work account. That's a problem how? Democrats are claiming that gmail and yahoo email accounts are secret? Really?

Keep raving.

People keep saying it's illegal? She broke the law. But - is it and did she?

What law was broken?

SCOTT HORSLEY, BYLINE: A State Department spokeswoman says Hillary Clinton did not break any rules by relying solely on her personal email account. Federal law allows government officials to use personal email so long as relevant documents are preserved for history. That's little consolation though to watchdog John Wonderlich. He's with the nonprofit Sunlight Foundation, which promotes government transparency.

JOHN WONDERLICH: She may have complied with the letter of the law, but the spirit of the law is - and our expectations for public service - are public servants use their official email accounts.
In Using Personal Email Aide Says Clinton Didn t Break Law NPR

It seems to be a common practice.

Hillary Clinton s Use Of Personal Email At State Department Raises Questions The Two-Way NPR

No laws seem to be broken other than the fact that it looks bad and certainly doesn't speak well for "transparancy". I have a feeling we're going to be finding out a lot of our potential candidates have done this.

The issue will her use of a private server.
Not illegal.

What law was broken?

Hillary Clinton s Use Of Personal Email At State Department Raises Questions The Two-Way NPR

No laws seem to be broken other than the fact that it looks bad and certainly doesn't speak well for "transparancy". I have a feeling we're going to be finding out a lot of our potential candidates have done this.

What law was broken?

"The State Department has defended Clinton, saying there was no prohibition at the time on using personal email for official business as long as it was preserved."

Google

So you actually believe she "preserved" everything ? ;)

What I "believe" is irrelevant - everyone is clamoring that she broke the law, there is even a thread claiming she'll go to jail. So what law did she break? Like I said...the longer it goes on, the more politicians come out of the woodwork for doing the same thing.

It doesn't look good for transparency But what actually illegal?

They must be "preserved".
They are preserved.

From the unread article......"Before Walker was elected governor, when he was Milwaukee County executive, Walker’s staff kept a secret email system and set up a secret wireless router in Walker’s government office that commingled government and campaign business on private Gmail and Yahoo email accounts....But it didn’t end there. Brian Pierick, one of the secret website’s webmasters, was convicted of enticing a minor. Another Walker webmaster, Timothy Russell, was sentenced to two years in prison and five years’ probation for stealing from a veterans group, using the money for trips to Hawaii and the Caribbean, and formeeting with Herman Cain’s presidential campaign on the veterans’ tab."

ZOMFG!!!!

ZOMFG People!!!

The cousin of the guy who knew someone who worked at the company that set up Walker account did something!!!

He's gonna get recalled cuz of this!!!
Good to know that you are fine with pedophilia and theft, if it's coming from Republicans.

And if that is so and if Scott has as well, they should walk the plank, yes.

You gastric penguins with all your mouth fart belching needs to understand this goes both ways.

John McCain understands that.

John McCain's explanation for why he doesn't use email is absolute gold

John McCain s explanation for why he doesn t use email is absolute gold - Yahoo Finance

I'm not a fan of John McCain, I just used him to point out your hypocrisy on another thread, and none of those people Are secretary of state. There are no parallels there. Hillary broke federal law.
The gastric penguin thinks his mouth farting belch that "There are no parallels here" is somehow useful. Yeah, there is a comparison here between Walker and Clinton, They are both wrong, yet gastric penguins wants to excuse Walker.

You're just pissed because we aren't going to elect Jeb Jake.

we? got a rat in your pocket ?

if the GOP gives Jeb the nomination the RW sheep will vote straight down the party line, no questions asked ... but you're right Jeb won't be elected, Hillary will, and I won't be voting for her either.

LOL, you simply are not an astute individual 7.

We stayed home for McCain, too many stayed home for Romney.

Now it is true that the run of the mill Republican will like you just vote for anyone they put in front of you.

Conservatives will no longer do that.

Stay home. Fine by me. Conservatives will lose to Hillary.

What law was broken?

SCOTT HORSLEY, BYLINE: A State Department spokeswoman says Hillary Clinton did not break any rules by relying solely on her personal email account. Federal law allows government officials to use personal email so long as relevant documents are preserved for history. That's little consolation though to watchdog John Wonderlich. He's with the nonprofit Sunlight Foundation, which promotes government transparency.

JOHN WONDERLICH: She may have complied with the letter of the law, but the spirit of the law is - and our expectations for public service - are public servants use their official email accounts.

Not illegal.

LMAO, of course they are. (rolling eyes)

I'm not a fan of John McCain, I just used him to point out your hypocrisy on another thread, and none of those people Are secretary of state. There are no parallels there. Hillary broke federal law.
The gastric penguin thinks his mouth farting belch that "There are no parallels here" is somehow useful. Yeah, there is a comparison here between Walker and Clinton, They are both wrong, yet gastric penguins wants to excuse Walker.

if the GOP gives Jeb the nomination the RW sheep will vote straight down the party line, no questions asked ... but you're right Jeb won't be elected, Hillary will, and I won't be voting for her either.

Now it is true that the run of the mill Republican will like you just vote for anyone they put in front of you.

She is taking shots from the Left over this, she may not even run.

But then you'll scream that Warren is "unbeatable".

What law was broken?

Not illegal.

It is if it is used to filter what emails were saved and what weren't ;)

All their fake Obama scandals have failed. All their lies about Obama credentials and citizenship have failed. They've harassed and investigated the Clintons for years and years and never found anything.

Like Benghazi, they'll lie about this right up to and after the election because lies are all they've got.

Bottom line - legal or not, its okay if done by a Republican but a hanging offense if done by a Dem.

I don't scream. Warren is beatable. I won't be pulling her lever either.

Keep trying. You lose as good as the Republican Congress does.

What law was broken?

Not illegal.

Jeb uses his own privately owned server that he controls.

You won't hear any complaints from the right about that though.

Did he ever say why he released names and Social Security numbers of citizens? I mean, besides that he's just another incompetent BUSH.

Last edited:
What If This Is All About Saving the Democrat Party from Hillary and Handing It Over to Elizabeth Warren? March 05, 2015

HillaryWarrenRushThinking.jpg
RUSH: The left really wants Elizabeth Warren. They want her much more than they want Hillary.

Face it, libs, Hillary was (or at least posed as) Secretary of State and was privy to all sorts of state secrets that she entrusted to an insecure private server.

What part might that insecurity have played in the death of Americans in Benghazi?

Of course there is the possibility that on Planet Liberal Walker might have been secretary of state.....

If she got the Nomination you'd be first in to Vote.

What law was broken?

Not illegal.

Jeb uses his own privately owned server that he controls.

You won't hear any complaints from the right about that though.

Did he ever say why released names and Social Security numbers of citizens? I mean, besides that he's just another incompetent BUSH.

Pssst we won't vote for Jeb,Conservatives ill not elect him.

The Wisconsin governor kept a secret email system too, and some of his aides were found guilty of other crimes too. And it’s not over yet.

It s Not Just Hillary Scott Walker s Email Controversy - The Daily Beast

You would think folks would learn.
Keep digging and scraping to try and find something to play "gotcha!" with Governor Walker.
God knows the Right would never dig and scrape to find information on an opponent.:mm:

If she got the Nomination you'd be first in to Vote.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn ...

What law was broken?

"The State Department has defended Clinton, saying there was no prohibition at the time on using personal email for official business as long as it was preserved."

Google

So you actually believe she "preserved" everything ? ;)

What I "believe" is irrelevant - everyone is clamoring that she broke the law, there is even a thread claiming she'll go to jail. So what law did she break? Like I said...the longer it goes on, the more politicians come out of the woodwork for doing the same thing.

It doesn't look good for transparency But what actually illegal?

Removing classified information is illegal. Hillary never used her secure state dept email account. All hers were done through her personal email account which no doubt included classified information. illegal...Glad i could help you:thup:

"No doubt" isn't the same as confirmed - it's speculation. She isn't stupid - my speculation is that she would be careful in that regard.

The only thing I see wrong thus far is that it doesn't look good (and will provide political hay) and it doesn't look good for "political transparency".

It will be interesting to see what comes up in the email habits of other potential candidates too - since they are trying to make this all about Hillary :lol:

Hillary Clinton email flap creates awkward GOP silence

If it seems like the GOP presidential field has been unusually silent this week as scrutiny mounts over Hillary Clinton’s email practices, there’s a logical explanation: Many of them are tormented by their own email demons.

At least a half-dozen 2016 Republican prospects have felt the sting of sustained negative press coverage over their email practices, with the common denominator being an attempt to sidestep public scrutiny attached to official government accounts. While the scope and scale of the controversies range widely — and they’re not comparable to the Clinton circumstances — their histories with electronic communications have left them with their own unique vulnerabilities on the issue.

Forum List

Back