its not a death tax ..

I'm still waiting for someone to justify why a 2nd tax on wealth that has already been taxed is fair? Some are always harping about fairness and a fair share so explain it, why should the thieving state and federal governments slap a death tax on wealth they already received their fair share of???

I am still waiting for someone to justify why any taxes are 'fair'?

I pay income tax when I am paid. When I go to the grocery store and buy a bottle of wine, I pay sales tax, and I pay an alcohol tax. I buy a piece of property- and then I have to pay property tax.

All with money that I may have previously paid taxes on.

But amazingly- when it comes to a tax on the wealthiest Americans- suddenly that tax is 'unfair'.

I'm still waiting for someone to justify why a 2nd tax on wealth that has already been taxed is fair? Some are always harping about fairness and a fair share so explain it, why should the thieving state and federal governments slap a death tax on wealth they already received their fair share of???

I am still waiting for someone to justify why any taxes are 'fair'?

I pay income tax when I am paid. When I go to the grocery store and buy a bottle of wine, I pay sales tax, and I pay an alcohol tax. I buy a piece of property- and then I have to pay property tax.

All with money that I may have previously paid taxes on.

But amazingly- when it comes to a tax on the wealthiest Americans- suddenly that tax is 'unfair'.

The problem as we keep telling you is the truly wealthy don't pay those taxes. The estate taxes are a way for billionaires and multi multi millionaires to concentrate the wealth of this country in THEIR hands. Whenever a family has to pay taxes, they invariably have to sell the family farm, or the family home. Then the billionaires swoop in and take it.

Why do you want billionaires to screw over the middle class?

The estate tax only hurts the middle class.

This year the exemption is 5.49 million dollars. That is you can inherit 5.49 million dollar before you need to pay any tax at all.

Family businesses, particularly rural farms, get hit with this.
How to Make Sure Your Small Business Outlives You

Or just get rid of the estates taxes, penalties, fees, legal requirements, etc. and not worry about it. In the so called "land of opportunity" we shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops to keep the government from exploiting us.

You're not paying estate taxes so, I wouldn't worry about it. It's really only those in the top 10% income earners and 40% of that in the top 0.1%.

Who pays the estate tax?

Only an estimated 80 small farms and closely held businesses—estates with farm and business assets totaling no more than $5 million and making up at least half of gross estate—will pay any estate tax in 2017. Such estates will represent about 1 percent of all taxable estate tax returns.

The estate tax only hurts the middle class.

This year the exemption is 5.49 million dollars. That is you can inherit 5.49 million dollar before you need to pay any tax at all.

Or just get rid of the estates taxes, penalties, fees, legal requirements, etc. and not worry about it. In the so called "land of opportunity" we shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops to keep the government from exploiting us.

You're not paying estate taxes so, I wouldn't worry about it. It's really only those in the top 10% income earners and 40% of that in the top 0.1%.

Who pays the estate tax?

Only an estimated 80 small farms and closely held businesses—estates with farm and business assets totaling no more than $5 million and making up at least half of gross estate—will pay any estate tax in 2017. Such estates will represent about 1 percent of all taxable estate tax returns.
so for you you merely tell them to fk off? ain't that white of you.

Who pays the estate tax?

They can afford it, and aren't you kind of a sissy? The word is fuck.

"There are going to be 2.6 million people [who] die this year in the United States," but there will be only about 5,000 tax returns that will owe estate taxes, he said in a wide-ranging interview.

Buffett said because the estate tax impacts only a small percentage of Americans, getting rid of it would not cause widespread problems.

"If they pass the bill they're talking about, I could leave $75 billion to a bunch of children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren. And if I left it to 35 of them, they'd each have a couple billion dollars," Buffett said. He then asked rhetorically, "Is that a great way to allocate resources in the United States?"

World's second richest man Warren Buffett thinks it's a mistake to eliminate the estate tax

$S-E-V-E-N-T-Y F-I-V-E- B-I-L-L-I-O-N ...

LennySquiggy.jpg

It's already been taxed dumbass.
Taxes were paid by the deceased person. It is new income to the person that inherits the money. There are all kinds of ways for the deceased person to have made arrangements before they became deceased to have minimized the taxes on the inheritance before they became deceased. For whatever reason, they did not. But any way you look at it, it is a windfall income of new money to the persons who inherit the funds. That windfall of income to the person inheriting has not been taxed by the person receiving the income.

"There are going to be 2.6 million people [who] die this year in the United States," but there will be only about 5,000 tax returns that will owe estate taxes, he said in a wide-ranging interview.

Buffett said because the estate tax impacts only a small percentage of Americans, getting rid of it would not cause widespread problems.

"If they pass the bill they're talking about, I could leave $75 billion to a bunch of children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren. And if I left it to 35 of them, they'd each have a couple billion dollars," Buffett said. He then asked rhetorically, "Is that a great way to allocate resources in the United States?"

World's second richest man Warren Buffett thinks it's a mistake to eliminate the estate tax

LennySquiggy.jpg

Taxes were paid by the deceased person. It is new income to the person that inherits the money. There are all kinds of ways for the deceased person to have made arrangements before they became deceased to have minimized the taxes on the inheritance before they became deceased. For whatever reason, they did not. But any way you look at it, it is a windfall income of new money to the persons who inherit the funds. That windfall of income to the person inheriting has not been taxed by the person receiving the income.

these morons are all over the page ... one says ubre-rich sports team families cant afford IT's and another says big shots dont pay taxes.

they should get a room and get their shit straight ...

LennySquiggy.jpg

these morons are all over the page ... one says ubre-rich sports team families cant afford IT's and another says big shots dont pay taxes.

No matter what tax system is used some folks will find it "unfair" to them. It is a problem with no solution.
"Fair taxes" is a matter of subjective opinion. It usually comes down to taxing the other guy and not me is the fairest.

Who pays the estate tax?

again, thanks for being so white. I love how you feel you know everyone's financial burdens. I bet you're a lib.

LennySquiggy.jpg

Well it was difficult for the Rooney family to come up with the cash for the taxes, and further back in time Jack Kent Cooke's kid flat out could not, but the franchises had not been structured to pay the taxes. Sports franchises are interesting examples of what the tax does. Owners pay themselves salaries to be CEOs or some such shit. And they write off private planes, limodrivers, chefs ... and maybe hookers and blow .. as business expenses. But they don't pay much in income taxes. The REAL MONEY is in the value of the franchise ... which appreciates YUUUGELY. It is passive income. So, the question is whether the Rooney family should be treated somehow differently than the third or fourth generation of Rockefellers or Fords, who really don't contribute much to society from simply sitting on a pile of cash some old reprobate they never even met made? LOL

Who pays the estate tax?

again, thanks for being so white. I love how you feel you know everyone's financial burdens. I bet you're a lib.

Isn't that what conservatives do when they claim the estate tax is so burdensome?

LennySquiggy.jpg

Well it was difficult for the Rooney family to come up with the cash for the taxes, and further back in time Jack Kent Cooke's kid flat out could not, but the franchises had not been structured to pay the taxes. Sports franchises are interesting examples of what the tax does. Owners pay themselves salaries to be CEOs or some such shit. And they write off private planes, limodrivers, chefs ... and maybe hookers and blow .. as business expenses. But they don't pay much in income taxes. The REAL MONEY is in the value of the franchise ... which appreciates YUUUGELY. It is passive income. So, the question is whether the Rooney family should be treated somehow differently than the third or fourth generation of Rockefellers or Fords, who really don't contribute much to society from simply sitting on a pile of cash some old reprobate they never even met made? LOL

my family owned the Yankees for decades and a bank wouldnt loan the money to pay taxes ????????

one phone call and its handled.

Who pays the estate tax?

Isn't that what conservatives do when they claim the estate tax is so burdensome?
burdensome, no, double taxation, yes.

LennySquiggy.jpg

my family owned the Yankees for decades and a bank wouldnt loan the money to pay taxes ????????

funny, now you want them to go into debt. it's double taxation plain and simple bubba.

funny, now you want them to go into debt. it's double taxation plain and simple bubba.

I dont give two shits one way or the other bubba.

I dont give two shits one way or the other bubba.
well sure you do. why else you here in this thread then?

LennySquiggy.jpg
what buffett is saying here is that if the government does not take his money from him he will not help others, just his family because he feels that is the right thing to do...in any case it's his money and he can do what he wants with it...even better allocate than the government, unfortunately he, for some reason, failed to explain why he will not do such a good and charitable thing on his own.

So if it is only 5000 people or 0.000015625% of the American population then why are you so obsessed with stealing other people's inheritance?

Forum List

Back