its not a death tax ..

Siete

Platinum Member
May 19, 2014
"There are going to be 2.6 million people [who] die this year in the United States," but there will be only about 5,000 tax returns that will owe estate taxes, he said in a wide-ranging interview.

Buffett said because the estate tax impacts only a small percentage of Americans, getting rid of it would not cause widespread problems.

"If they pass the bill they're talking about, I could leave $75 billion to a bunch of children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren. And if I left it to 35 of them, they'd each have a couple billion dollars," Buffett said. He then asked rhetorically, "Is that a great way to allocate resources in the United States?"

World's second richest man Warren Buffett thinks it's a mistake to eliminate the estate tax

$S-E-V-E-N-T-Y F-I-V-E- B-I-L-L-I-O-N ...

LennySquiggy.jpg

"There are going to be 2.6 million people [who] die this year in the United States," but there will be only about 5,000 tax returns that will owe estate taxes, he said in a wide-ranging interview.

Buffett said because the estate tax impacts only a small percentage of Americans, getting rid of it would not cause widespread problems.

"If they pass the bill they're talking about, I could leave $75 billion to a bunch of children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren. And if I left it to 35 of them, they'd each have a couple billion dollars," Buffett said. He then asked rhetorically, "Is that a great way to allocate resources in the United States?"

World's second richest man Warren Buffett thinks it's a mistake to eliminate the estate tax

LennySquiggy.jpg

He's a miserable lying piece of shit. He can leave any amount of money, to whatever charitable organization he chooses. He can do this at any time. He claims to want to be taxed more yet owed over a billion dollars in back taxes when he made the claim. The estate tax only hurts the middle class. The rich and the super rich like your asshole hero here, pay millions of dollars to set up Complex Irrevocable Trusts that shield their estates from taxes.

Why do you carry the water for a known lying sack of shit?

LennySquiggy.jpg

He's a miserable lying piece of shit. He can leave any amount of money, to whatever charitable organization he chooses. He can do this at any time. He claims to want to be taxed more yet owed over a billion dollars in back taxes when he made the claim. The estate tax only hurts the middle class. The rich and the super rich like your asshole hero here, pay millions of dollars to set up Complex Irrevocable Trusts that shield their estates from taxes.

name one... JUST FUCKING ONE word or sentence that leads your stupid ass to believe I'm pro estate tax.... GO FOR IT GOMER.

LennySquiggy.jpg

ALSO how many states vampire suck estates dry with their own state estate taxes, some ignore the federal estate tax exemption out of greed. The fact is taxes have already been paid on this wealth, in full, there is no reasonable justification for government to come in and take another bite out of this wealth they already got their fair share.

LennySquiggy.jpg

name one... JUST FUCKING ONE word or sentence that leads your stupid ass to believe I'm pro estate tax.... GO FOR IT GOMER.

By simply posting such garbage, you implicate yourself.

LennySquiggy.jpg

By simply posting such garbage, you implicate yourself.

then "simply" prove it.

the Lenny & Squiggy homor totally escaped RW idiots.

aw well.

The estate tax only hurts the middle class.

This year the exemption is 5.49 million dollars. That is you can inherit 5.49 million dollar before you need to pay any tax at all.

No! You need to tAx the guy laying pavement in the hot sun all day . Paris Hilton inherits another 20 mill? Can't touch that !

Oh, let's also pretend that millions haven't already been shielded through estate planning loopholes designed to protect the wealthy .

If the argument against the estate tax is just that it's double taxation on first income and then estates, why not just tax the top 1% at 40% federal income tax with exemptions limited to say .... 40K?

LennySquiggy.jpg

How does the estate tax hurt the middle class? The middle class does not pay estate taxes. The estate tax doesn't kick in until 5.49 million. That means the first 5.49 million inherited is tax-free, exempt from taxation.

If the argument against the estate tax is just that it's double taxation on first income and then estates, why not just tax the top 1% at 40% federal income tax with exemptions limited to say .... 40K?
That is a distortion at best, an outright lie at worst. The taxes paid were paid by a dead person. The folks who inherit are getting a windfall of money they did not earn. It is new income to them. It is no different than if they hit the lottery.

LennySquiggy.jpg

How does the estate tax hurt the middle class? The middle class does not pay estate taxes. The estate tax doesn't kick in until 5.49 million. That means the first 5.49 million inherited is tax-free, exempt from taxation.

everyone knows every middle class American has $5.49 million laying around ...

es

I'm still waiting for someone to justify why a 2nd tax on wealth that has already been taxed is fair? Some are always harping about fairness and a fair share so explain it, why should the thieving state and federal governments slap a death tax on wealth they already received their fair share of???

Forum List

Back