“It’s just another way to criminalize and surveillance communities; in particular, Black and Brown Communities”

I don't know how the gates work, but I'm sure criminals will find a way around this. The only solution is arresting criminals.

I was reading yesterday how stores are completely rethinking self checkout and are likely to do away with them completely. That's a far better solution all around.

I was reading yesterday how stores are completely rethinking self checkout and are likely to do away with them completely. That's a far better solution all around.
I also think for safety and less theft, stores should rethink their model.

Gee, I wonder why...

“It’s just an opportunity to increase surveillance and criminalization of the public, especially Black and brown communities,” he said.

I’d rather we recognize and fix the culture.
(1) Sadly, it is impossible to "fix" a culture.

(2) A culture is what it is.

(3) Sincere people of all backgrounds have been trying since the 1960s to "fix" two certain cultures, but things have only gotten worse.

A DC Safeway store comes out with gates as a deterrent and way to mitigate risk of shoplifting. Most are happy with it but of course there is always ignoring the larger problem in favor of making it about race.
Not being snarky or anything, but do the gates somehow detect your skin color?

Trying to sssign blame again for the manner in which they were caught rather than addressing their own actions. It’s a purebred Lib 101 that we thinkers have Always seen through .

Not being snarky or anything, but do the gates somehow detect your skin color?
If theft is up and hurting your business, why do people have a problem with businesses taking control to mitigate risk of more theft or otherwise make it more difficult for shoplifters to be successful? Otherwise, the business has no continue in that location.

If theft is up and hurting your business, why do people have a problem with businesses taking control to mitigate risk of more theft or otherwise make it more difficult for shoplifters to be successful? Otherwise, the business has no continue in that location.
GOt it. I think we'e on the same page. It's not racist to try and protect your business from theft.

(3) Sincere people of all backgrounds have been trying since the 1960s to "fix" two certain cultures, but things have only gotten worse.
They Appeal to Your Heart While Stabbing You in the Back

"Sincere"? Please. You've been taken in by the warm-and-fuzzy, touchy-feely command performances of the vicious Liberal race traitors. Off-stage, they hiss and rattle.

Looking at us is racist because you will catch us
Lib 101 Core Course

Forum List

Back