It's intervention time

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuzzykitten99 said:
macs suck.
jmo
OK fuzz, why do MACs suck. Mine has never had a virus and my internet connection is on 24 hours a day. I don't run antivirus software or even know what a firewall is. My MAC hasn't crashed once since I installed OS-10.

The new MACs with the intel chip is capable of running in Windows(I have no idea why anyone would want to use that archaic OS but some do)and the infinitely superior OS-10 or Tiger. The new Mac Book Pros are 1 inch thick but still come with a dvd burner, a built in camera, a lit keyboard, Garage band, iPhoto, iDVD, iMovie, iTunes and the best screen I have ever seen on a portable. They also build the best looking equipment, no little bullshit lights that do nothing, just great design that works when you need to get something done.

I have never needed the CDs that come with external harddrives, my digital cameras, etc. In the 20 years my brothers have used MACs in our business, we have never had any problems except when we corrupted them using that pathetic Internet Explorer, they hate microsoft crap. I believe we have gone through about 25 of them.

The iMAC is easily one of the most perfect designs I have ever seen, just wish it was available in black.

When you own one you drive evryone crazy trying to convert them because you just know they would be much happier as a MAC person. And of course the coolest people use them ..... Artist, Architects, Musicians, Real Scientists, Mathematicians and people that use their computers to make money rather than playing games.

And of course they work seemlessly with the iPOD.

I bet Kathianne would agree. :cof:

sitarro said:
OK fuzz, why do MACs suck. Mine has never had a virus and my internet connection is on 24 hours a day. I don't run antivirus software or even know what a firewall is. My MAC hasn't crashed once since I installed OS-10.

The new MACs with the intel chip is capable of running in Windows(I have no idea why anyone would want to use that archaic OS but some do)and the infinitely superior OS-10 or Tiger. The new Mac Book Pros are 1 inch thick but still come with a dvd burner, a built in camera, a lit keyboard, Garage band, iPhoto, iDVD, iMovie, iTunes and the best screen I have ever seen on a portable. They also build the best looking equipment, no little bullshit lights that do nothing, just great design that works when you need to get something done.

I have never needed the CDs that come with external harddrives, my digital cameras, etc. In the 20 years my brothers have used MACs in our business, we have never had any problems except when we corrupted them using that pathetic Internet Explorer, they hate microsoft crap. I believe we have gone through about 25 of them.

The iMAC is easily one of the most perfect designs I have ever seen, just wish it was available in black.

When you own one you drive evryone crazy trying to convert them because you just know they would be much happier as a MAC person. And of course the coolest people use them ..... Artist, Architects, Musicians, Real Scientists, Mathematicians and people that use their computers to make money rather than playing games.

I bet Kathianne would agree. :cof:

Nope. Macs should be avoided like the plague, and that is that.

:soul:

Semper Fi said:
Nope. Macs should be avoided like the plague, and that is that.

:soul:

Why? Are you a builder type? I have found that people that enjoy working on their computer rather than with it hate MACs. They hate the fact that Apple wants to control the quality of their computers and Operatng Systems and won't let them build there own. Then there is the computer nerd that like a lawyer(protects their job by writing crap normal people could never understand) wants to protect what they have learned by making a machine that is harder to use. MACs are too intuitive, anyone can use them. I like that because I find it more important to create with the computer rather than create a computer. Then of course there are the gamers, don't get them, have more important things to do tha play games. So why should I get rid of my MACs?

sitarro said:
good for you...
umm, my internet connection in on 24 hrs too...its called cable internet, and has been around for a while now.
the reason you don't get viruses is because virus creators would waste their time because not enough people and/or companies in the world have macs (thank God), thus the virus would not be worth the time in creating.

it took apple how long to get an Intel chip in their machines? mac books can't be connected to any other brand of notebook, neither can any other mac. At least with pc's, you can buy or build what you can afford, and still be able to network with other people or even other companies.

all that extra stuff on the notebook is nice, but MOST people don't use a lot of it, even a DVD burner. I know I don't and would not. Now, I do have to say the lit keyboard is a nice feature that I would not mind having on my Dell, but I have gotten by just fine with my standard.

Bullshit lights that do nothing? What would those be? I have yet to see a light on either of my PC's that has no use.

i don't need the CD's either for my camera. My Dell printer accepts ALL chips from ALL cameras, as well as the USB connections. I don't even have to turn on the computer to use it to print, copy, fax, or scan. My laptop and desktop are the same way. No cd needed to get photos off the camera to the computer either.

Designs? come on. The mouse is definitely not comfortable to use, and has only one button, thus no way for shortcuts. No respectable business person would have one because of the fruity colors they come in. I know I would not be taken seriously with my clients.

The 'coolest' people use them? What is this, middle school? Maybe cool by your definition, but just because they are in a specific line of work, does not make them cool.

Maybe if you wouldn't drive people crazy trying to convince them, they would be more likely to listen to you. Who are you to say you know the person without one would be much happier using one? I know I would not be, because then half my programs would not work on a mac, and I could not network with my husband's desktop. My husband would be miserable because macs can't handle half the games he plays, which are role-playing/simulation, high memory/graphic use games like Call of Duty. His brother is a computer network administrator for his mom's employer. They play simulation games at their monthly LAN parties. nearly every one there has a different brand of PC, many with their own hand-built ones. Good luck getting to play with them if you have a mac. actually, you would be laughed back to your car if you showed up with one, because you couldn't use it to play anyhow.

ipod sucks too. they are way overpriced for what they do. My dell axim palm pilot does the same stuff as the ipod, same amount of memory, plus extendible with additional disks, for half the price, and you can do more with it-email, document creation, calendar/date book, voice recording/playback, games. and you can use it with other computer brands, no cd needed to install anything. This means I can transfer files from my laptop at home to my PC at work, with no problem.

oh, and just for good measure:
Top ten ways that life would be different if Apple built cars:

10. Cars would be priced higher than they are worth and come from a single source just like they do now. But Apple would continuously advertise that buying one of their cars is an escape from that kind of old-style paradigm.

9. Apple would be continually lobbying the government to subsidize the donation of cars to schools for driver education.

8. Cars would need excessive horsepower to operate more than one accessory at a time.

7. Many accessories would operate differently but owners would ignore this and boast to their friends that all of their accessories have an identical look and feel.

6. Help regarding the operation of their accessories would be only marginally better than those who drove UNIX cars but the owners would boast that this is of no concern because all of their accessories have an identical look and feel.

5. Owners manuals would be very small. Maintenance manuals, needed to add an accessory yourself, would come in seven large volumes.

4. Owners would make fun of how complex it is to add an accessory on other cars. Owners would not have a clue just how difficult it was for them to add an accessory to their own car themselves. Very few owners of Apple cars would add their own accessories.

3. Periodically a little picture of a bomb would appear on the dashboard and the car would come to a stop. Loyal owners would rarely, if ever, admit this and would convince themselves that this sort of thing happens to owners of other cars all the time.

2. People who could never drive before would begin driving, join auto clubs, tell everyone else how to drive, and generally become insufferable bores.

And the number one way life would be different if Apple built cars...

1. Using the fruits of a larger company's focused research and development effort cars would be introduced that were 10 years ahead of their time. After release, they wouldn't change for over 10 years.

fuzzykitten99 said:
good for you...
umm, my internet connection in on 24 hrs too...its called cable internet, and has been around for a while now.
the reason you don't get viruses is because virus creators would waste their time because not enough people and/or companies in the world have macs (thank God), thus the virus would not be worth the time in creating.

Come on, with such a hatred for Apple by the truely uninformed and jealous I would think the assholes that design viruses would spend a few minutes on kicking such a poor excuse for a computer's ass, at least one of those pencil necks would have tried by now.But then again that is the standard Microsoft answer to the question of why MACS don't get viruses.

fuzzykitten99 said:
it took apple how long to get an Intel chip in their machines? mac books can't be connected to any other brand of notebook, neither can any other mac. At least with pc's, you can buy or build what you can afford, and still be able to network with other people or even other companies.

Did you miss the news(obviously reading another Harry Potter book or playing games)MACS CAN RUN WINDOWS IF THAT IS ACTUALLY WHAT YOU WOULD WANT TO DO. They don't except floppies though, you'll have to get an external drive for that shit. I bet intel is happy they finally talked Apple into putting their chips into their machines, now they can find out how they work in a quality machine.

fuzzykitten99 said:
all that extra stuff on the notebook is nice, but MOST people don't use a lot of it, even a DVD burner. I know I don't and would not. Now, I do have to say the lit keyboard is a nice feature that I would not mind having on my Dell, but I have gotten by just fine with my standard.

So you don't have a need to tranfer or store material you create on your Dell? I have thousands of photographs that I would rather not trust to a hard drive, burning them onto a DVD works great to keep these files organized. The books we create take up a large amount of space, each uses 2 CDs worth. With over 100 golf courses on file, DVDs are a great storage sollution.

fuzzykitten99 said:
Bullshit lights that do nothing? What would those be? I have yet to see a light on either of my PC's that has no use.

How about the assinine lights inside the clear boxes, if PC users could put spinner rims on their tacky machines they would.

fuzzykitten99 said:
i don't need the CD's either for my camera. My Dell printer accepts ALL chips from ALL cameras, as well as the USB connections. I don't even have to turn on the computer to use it to print, copy, fax, or scan. My laptop and desktop are the same way. No cd needed to get photos off the camera to the computer either.

I think you misunderstood me.

fuzzykitten99 said:
Designs? come on. The mouse is definitely not comfortable to use, and has only one button, thus no way for shortcuts. No respectable business person would have one because of the fruity colors they come in. I know I would not be taken seriously with my clients.

Fruity colors? Are you talking about the original iMACs. How long ago were those put out. MACs come in aluminum enclosers, white, or now black with the introduction last week of the new MAC Book. You really have a hatred that makes no sense . Actually the new mouse works OK, I use a Wacom tablet with the pressure sensitive stylus or their wireless mouse. To focus on the design of the mouse rather than the actual machine tells me quite a bit about your lack of knowledge of design.

fuzzykitten99 said:
The 'coolest' people use them? What is this, middle school? Maybe cool by your definition, but just because they are in a specific line of work, does not make them cool.

Whatever.

fuzzykitten99 said:
Maybe if you wouldn't drive people crazy trying to convince them, they would be more likely to listen to you. Who are you to say you know the person without one would be much happier using one? I know I would not be, because then half my programs would not work on a mac, and I could not network with my husband's desktop. My husband would be miserable because macs can't handle half the games he plays, which are role-playing/simulation, high memory/graphic use games like Call of Duty. His brother is a computer network administrator for his mom's employer. They play simulation games at their monthly LAN parties. nearly every one there has a different brand of PC, many with their own hand-built ones. Good luck getting to play with them if you have a mac. actually, you would be laughed back to your car if you showed up with one, because you couldn't use it to play anyhow.

Once again, you can run that pathetic Windows on the new MACs.As for being laughed at by "adults'' that play games on their computers....who cares? I am laughed at when I play Jazz on my sound system by people that actually think rap is relevant. Wow handbuilt computers, that is really swell....I don't have the time or the need to waste on building a computer, mine do what they need to do in real time. I would rather get paid for what I produce with my computer and buy the latest Apple has to offer. I also don't build my audio components or kit cars.

fuzzykitten99 said:
ipod sucks too. they are way overpriced for what they do. My dell axim palm pilot does the same stuff as the ipod, same amount of memory, plus extendible with additional disks, for half the price, and you can do more with it-email, document creation, calendar/date book, voice recording/playback, games. and you can use it with other computer brands, no cd needed to install anything. This means I can transfer files from my laptop at home to my PC at work, with no problem.

Good for you, a lot of things work for people with extremely low standards.
Over 40 million people don't agree. I'm sure a camera phone takes good enough photos for you too.

I see using that piece of crap Dell has built up a lot of pent up frustration, speaking of middle school.....Harry Potter and hubby's game addiction?
I'm not going to waste anymore time with this, you don't know enough to understand. You are better off living in your world of dungeons and dragons puffing on Pall Malls and drinking Bud Light.

Here's what I think:

I think some people take their preferred brand of computer WAY too seriously, and use it as a motivation to get VERY nasty - uncalled for, y'all. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back