It's a Matter of Honor - the 8/28 Rally at the Lincoln Memorial

So many people still don't get what Glenn is doing. Glenn is attempting to change the culture. He isn't looking at the 2010 elections. He, and I as well, don't think changing the D to an R in Congress is going to change anything in the nation.

The Democrats came into power in 2006 running on a campaign to end the "Culture of Corruption". Obviously that was rhetoric because they immediately because one of the most corrupt Congresses in History.

Glenn is trying to actually change the culture of corruption. Not through politics but by encouraging the people to live better. He's encouraging the people to educate themselves. He doesn't want people just to take what he says as truth. He wants people to go out and learn themselves. He wants people to read original sources, compare contrasting ideas and to draw our own conclusions.

He is trying to get people to be honest. After all, what is corruption then us not being honest. I know so many of you say he is lying through his teeth because of profits or politics or whatever. But he's not. He might have something wrong. He might misstate something. But his intent is to be honest. You guys don't believe it because he is conservative/libertarian and you don't like what he says. But that doesn't mean he is intentionally lying. And he is encouraging people to be honest in their own life. When people are honest in their own lives, the political class will change.

Like I have been saying. We have the leaders we have because they represent the people. The people have been corrupted. We need to fix that. And if we do that, then our representatives will naturally be likewise honest.

He is encouraging people to be charitable one to another as individuals. If people step up to their own responsibilities to one another, we would have no need of government assistance.

He is trying to change the culture. He is encouraging people to turn back to God. Doesn't matter what your faith is. Turn back to God. Live the principles you believe are true. Find out why you believe in it. Seek the Truth.

Too many people don't understand what's going on. That's what makes this so powerful. Those who want to stop it, won't see what's coming at all.

Change the culture, not through laws, but through individual choice. Lift people up, not with hand outs, but by putting your shoulder to the wheel and lifting yourself, lifting your family, lifting one another.

Like I said, love him or hate him, this is far greater then Glenn. The question is do we do our part in changing the culture. Or do we sit on our ass and complain?

Hey, allot of people are doing what Glenn is doing, that is the point. Glenn just happens to be very good at it, he has the platform, right place, right time. ;) An Avatar so to speak. :lol: :lol: :lol: There are no accidents. I sure hope this Jedi stuff doesn't go too far in his head, you know, all the praise he is getting from the Left. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know what I really like about this situation? He's even got Levin and Savage defending him. I want the bat he used to hit that Grand Slam out of the park. :lol:

I was going to go to the Restoring Honor Rally but my fiance had to work. Very disappointed I missed it. It was a historical event. Most estimates put the crowd at 300,000 to half a million people (probably closer to half a million). They said it was the 6th largest crowd ever at the mall.

Here's an interesting thing that happened at the rally. Glenn Beck had been trying to get the military to do a flyover as the rally began. Because of air restrictions over DC this was not possible. Just as the music started commencing the rally a flock of geese flew over the crowd in formation. It was pretty cool.

And Michelle Bachman put the crowd at over 1,000,000

The best methodology and most scientific approach put it at 87,000 +/- 10,000

Beck's rally netted "tens of thousands" by the byline.

The size of the Beck rally is irrelevant.

The comparison between the Beck Rally and the latest leftist demonstration.......

"priceless."

Regardless of what anyone says;

Size always matters.

Beck is trying to add a multiplier of 3-5 to his crowd size. I suspect he has lots of practice in doing this.

As for leftist demonstrations, I'll take your word for it.

And Michelle Bachman put the crowd at over 1,000,000

The best methodology and most scientific approach put it at 87,000 +/- 10,000

Beck's rally netted "tens of thousands" by the byline.

The comparison between the Beck Rally and the latest leftist demonstration.......

"priceless."

Size always matters.

Beck is trying to add a multiplier of 3-5 to his crowd size. I suspect he has lots of practice in doing this.

Glenn is saying there were 1.5-2.5 million people there??? Since when?

"priceless."

Size always matters.

Listened to Beck today. They believe half a mil tops.

"priceless."

Size always matters.

"Glenn"? What, do you guys watch football together or something?

Anyways, to answer your question:

Since never.

3-5 X 100,000 = 300,000 - 500,00 people.

Only Bachman is stupid enough to claim a million people were there.

Actually Avatar, the reason I find myself unable to believe Mr. Beck's sincerity is his presentation. Every time I see his show he comes off as a very bad actor trying to give a performance; a poor attempt to make his commentary appear off-the-cuff and spontaneous. I'm sorry, but I don't believe for a moment that his show isn't scripted. Combine that with his previous work (I lived in Tampa for close to 20 years, and a good friend was a huge fan of his radio show, which was mostly comedy) and I think Beck is an entertainer.

That's not a commentary on his message. I just don't believe his constant over-emotional performance is sincere.

So since he's a bad actor, he's not being sincere?

Seems like your judging the messenger and disregarding the message.

You've either misread what I posted or ignored the last line which you quoted. I was NOT commenting about Beck's message. I stated that explicitly. He doesn't have to be sincere for his message to be good or bad. And it's not the quality of his acting that I take issue with, it's the fact of his acting. Acting is really the antithesis of sincerity. Being sincere means it's not an act. If Beck were a better actor, I might not realize he was acting and therefor not question his sincerity.

I was only commenting on the messenger, not the message.

Actually Avatar, the reason I find myself unable to believe Mr. Beck's sincerity is his presentation. Every time I see his show he comes off as a very bad actor trying to give a performance; a poor attempt to make his commentary appear off-the-cuff and spontaneous. I'm sorry, but I don't believe for a moment that his show isn't scripted. Combine that with his previous work (I lived in Tampa for close to 20 years, and a good friend was a huge fan of his radio show, which was mostly comedy) and I think Beck is an entertainer.

That's not a commentary on his message. I just don't believe his constant over-emotional performance is sincere.

Well if everybody loved Glenn Beck, he would have 100% market share instead of just merely the biggest market share for his time slot for his genre on television. His radio show would be #1 instead of well behind Limbaugh, Hannity and duking it out for #3 with Savage and Ingraham. Of course his TV show is mostly scripted as is his radio show --everybody's is. You simply cannot do that much time strictly extemporaneously on any nationally featured program and be successful. You have to have the show move along seamlessly without uncomfortable repetitions, dead zones, or lapses of memory. There are extemporaneous portions within the script, of course, but nevertheless, the monologues are scripted and the program is programmed.

I used to host a weekly half hour radio show for a large hospital featuring one of the hospital departments each week, and we took a few call in questions from the audience. Believe me I trusted nothing to memory for that show and had something ready to go to fill every minute. You just can't have dead air on the radio or nothing happening for several minutes on TV.

The only person I've ever seen who even attempted a totally extemporaneous show was the highly intelligent, brilliant, talented Jerry Lewis years ago. And he bombed. Even he couldn't do it.

BUT. . . .the fact that a speaker or politician writes out his speech before he gives it. . . a preacher prepares and sometimes even practices his sermon before he delivers it. . . .the columist writes, rewrites, spell checks, fact checks his column before he submits it for publication. . . .and talk show hosts plan out their programs in advance of airing them. . . in no way indicates that any and all of them are not sincere.

It's not the fact his show is scripted that makes me doubt his sincerity. It's the way he attempts to make it appear unscripted. The sighs, the dramatic pauses, the tears, his whole performance, when I've tuned in to his television show, seems to be trying to project a feeling that he's just saying what comes to mind at any given moment; that he's just a guy who is having a conversation with you, the same as if he stopped by your home. Add to that his years as an early-show radio entertainer/comedian, and it just doesn't ring true to me. I'm not saying it's all lies; I just don't believe the image he projects that his programs are nothing but his attempt to perform his civic duty. I think he is still an entertainer.

Well if everybody loved Glenn Beck, he would have 100% market share instead of just merely the biggest market share for his time slot for his genre on television. His radio show would be #1 instead of well behind Limbaugh, Hannity and duking it out for #3 with Savage and Ingraham. Of course his TV show is mostly scripted as is his radio show --everybody's is. You simply cannot do that much time strictly extemporaneously on any nationally featured program and be successful. You have to have the show move along seamlessly without uncomfortable repetitions, dead zones, or lapses of memory. There are extemporaneous portions within the script, of course, but nevertheless, the monologues are scripted and the program is programmed.

I used to host a weekly half hour radio show for a large hospital featuring one of the hospital departments each week, and we took a few call in questions from the audience. Believe me I trusted nothing to memory for that show and had something ready to go to fill every minute. You just can't have dead air on the radio or nothing happening for several minutes on TV.

The only person I've ever seen who even attempted a totally extemporaneous show was the highly intelligent, brilliant, talented Jerry Lewis years ago. And he bombed. Even he couldn't do it.

BUT. . . .the fact that a speaker or politician writes out his speech before he gives it. . . a preacher prepares and sometimes even practices his sermon before he delivers it. . . .the columist writes, rewrites, spell checks, fact checks his column before he submits it for publication. . . .and talk show hosts plan out their programs in advance of airing them. . . in no way indicates that any and all of them are not sincere.

It's not the fact his show is scripted that makes me doubt his sincerity. It's the way he attempts to make it appear unscripted. The sighs, the dramatic pauses, the tears, his whole performance, when I've tuned in to his television show, seems to be trying to project a feeling that he's just saying what comes to mind at any given moment; that he's just a guy who is having a conversation with you, the same as if he stopped by your home. Add to that his years as an early-show radio entertainer/comedian, and it just doesn't ring true to me. I'm not saying it's all lies; I just don't believe the image he projects that his programs are nothing but his attempt to perform his civic duty. I think he is still an entertainer.

Oh for heavens sake. Do you honestly believe ANYBODY on the national television scene who interacts with other people doesn't engage in theatrics? God I hope Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann are not like they are on their television shows. Bill O'Reilly is a laid back regular guy in person and not the brash, sometimes heckling person he is on his show. Do you think ANY of them are working totally unscripted? Totally extemporaneously? That all of them are not entertainers as well as commentators/hosts or else nobody would watch or listen to them because they would be so boring?

I used to do a LOT and still do some public speaking in various venues. When I do the person behind the microphone (me) uses techniques to keep the audience engaged. I don't do that with the other folks while we're enjoying our dinner rolls and salad at dinner.

Trust me that none of us tune in to Beck because of his theatrics. We tune in for the content of his show. But the theatrics make the delivery of the contents more fun, more interesting, and sometimes more easily remembered. That you would judge Beck more harshly than any of the others simply speaks to your bias or dislike of Beck. That's fine. Everybody isn't everybody's cup of tea. But don't try to tell me that he is somehow less sincere than some you probably think are just great because he uses a different delivery style than the others do.

I don't think President Obama is sincere in much that he says. Is it because of his passionless monotone method of delivery lately? No. That just makes his speeches insufferably boring to listen to.

Oh for heavens sake. Do you honestly believe ANYBODY on the national television scene who interacts with other people doesn't engage in theatrics? God I hope Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann are not like they are on their television shows. Bill O'Reilly is a laid back regular guy in person and not the brash, sometimes heckling person he is on his show. Do you think ANY of them are working totally unscripted? Totally extemporaneously? That all of them are not entertainers as well as commentators/hosts or else nobody would watch or listen to them because they would be so boring?

I used to do a LOT and still do some public speaking in various venues. When I do the person behind the microphone (me) uses techniques to keep the audience engaged. I don't do that with the other folks while we're enjoying our dinner rolls and salad at dinner.

Trust me that none of us tune in to Beck because of his theatrics. We tune in for the content of his show. But the theatrics make the delivery of the contents more fun, more interesting, and sometimes more easily remembered. That you would judge Beck more harshly than any of the others simply speaks to your bias or dislike of Beck. That's fine. Everybody isn't everybody's cup of tea. But don't try to tell me that he is somehow less sincere than some you probably think are just great because he uses a different delivery style than the others do.

I don't think President Obama is sincere in much that he says. Is it because of his passionless monotone method of delivery lately? No. That just makes his speeches insufferably boring to listen to.

Did I say I am a fan of any other political commentators? I only spoke of Beck. I don't like Limbaugh, or Olbermann, etc. The point isn't that Beck hams it up and the others don't. It's not a contest or comparison. This began as a response to something Avatar said. I'm not sure why you feel the need to ascribe opinions of other talk-show political pundits to me. Like politicians, I tend to have a low opinion of their motivations and sincerity. That you would judge me based on opinions I've not given that you assume I have speaks to YOUR bias. If you can't accept an opinion of Beck without making it about all political commentators, that's your issue.

So since he's a bad actor, he's not being sincere?

Seems like your judging the messenger and disregarding the message.

You've either misread what I posted or ignored the last line which you quoted. I was NOT commenting about Beck's message. I stated that explicitly. He doesn't have to be sincere for his message to be good or bad. And it's not the quality of his acting that I take issue with, it's the fact of his acting. Acting is really the antithesis of sincerity. Being sincere means it's not an act. If Beck were a better actor, I might not realize he was acting and therefor not question his sincerity.

I was only commenting on the messenger, not the message.

Yes you're focusing on the messenger and not on the message, that's exactly what I said .

Last edited:

Did I say I am a fan of any other political commentators? I only spoke of Beck. I don't like Limbaugh, or Olbermann, etc. The point isn't that Beck hams it up and the others don't. It's not a contest or comparison. This began as a response to something Avatar said. I'm not sure why you feel the need to ascribe opinions of other talk-show political pundits to me. Like politicians, I tend to have a low opinion of their motivations and sincerity. That you would judge me based on opinions I've not given that you assume I have speaks to YOUR bias. If you can't accept an opinion of Beck without making it about all political commentators, that's your issue.

The way I see it, We don't all eat at the same table. Certain types of personalities will alway's clash. It's not about right or wrong, Left or Right, but needing a wide berth. One of the mysteries of life. ;)

I did not judge you in any way sir. I responded specifically to your stated on screen here judgment of Glenn Beck. If you can't handle somebody debating you on your own words, you might consider some other form of activity than message boarding.

I will concede one point. You did not comment on the others so I drew what could be an erroneous assumption that you judged Beck more harshly based on his on camera demeanor than you judge any other. At the time you had not said that you doubt the sincerity of ANY or a lot of them based on their on camera or on microphone theatrics or demeanor, so I had good reason to believe you singled out Beck for harsher judgment than others.

But now you say you don't trust any of them.

And now you have also said (to others) that you are basing your judgment on the messenger and not the message.

So what do we draw from that? Do you consider the message suspect based on your opinion of the sincerity of the messenger? Or do you embrace the message despite your contempt for the messenger?

311 posts, most of them devoted to worshipping a snake-oil salesman and televangelist who only turned to "libertarianism" on Jan. 20, 2009, when a black man took the "white" house.

"28 percenters" have utterly ruined this country. ... well done.

311 posts, most of them devoted to worshipping a snake-oil salesman and televangelist who only turned to "libertarianism" on Jan. 20, 2009, when a black man took the "white" house.

Thank you for your input. Since you have absolutely zero chance of establishing any credibility for your remarks, I'm sure it's okay with you if I just ignore them for now?

Who on the thread is worshiping Al Gore?

Spoken like a fucktard who doesn't know a whit about what he's talking about. Been listening to him over 5 years, and he didn't "just discover" libertarianism. But you keep peddling that fantasy to yourself. Just one in a long string of them you need to get through the day. Something is disagreeable? Just pop another lie and feel better.

Oh and which 20% are you referring to? Only ones able to damage it is the radical minority currently running it.

Last edited:
I have no idea what you're talking about Tai. But I don't really care either, so it's all good. Rave on if it makes you feel better.

My error, it's was Fitz I was responding to.....you Beck idiots are so similar I sometimes get you mixed up.

So continue to comment on things that you claim you don't care about. :cuckoo:
Well you psychopathic progressofascists all sound the same after a while.

"progressofacists??"

Why is it that every time you Beck idiots (his words, not mine) get nailed being played for suckers or just being plain wrong, you create some neologism to try and deflect your sorry state?

So many people still don't get what Glenn is doing. Glenn is attempting to change the culture. He isn't looking at the 2010 elections. He, and I as well, don't think changing the D to an R in Congress is going to change anything in the nation.

The Democrats came into power in 2006 running on a campaign to end the "Culture of Corruption". Obviously that was rhetoric because they immediately because one of the most corrupt Congresses in History.

Glenn is trying to actually change the culture of corruption. Not through politics but by encouraging the people to live better. He's encouraging the people to educate themselves. He doesn't want people just to take what he says as truth. He wants people to go out and learn themselves. He wants people to read original sources, compare contrasting ideas and to draw our own conclusions.

He is trying to get people to be honest. After all, what is corruption then us not being honest. I know so many of you say he is lying through his teeth because of profits or politics or whatever. But he's not. He might have something wrong. He might misstate something. But his intent is to be honest. You guys don't believe it because he is conservative/libertarian and you don't like what he says. But that doesn't mean he is intentionally lying. And he is encouraging people to be honest in their own life. When people are honest in their own lives, the political class will change.

Like I have been saying. We have the leaders we have because they represent the people. The people have been corrupted. We need to fix that. And if we do that, then our representatives will naturally be likewise honest.

He is encouraging people to be charitable one to another as individuals. If people step up to their own responsibilities to one another, we would have no need of government assistance.

He is trying to change the culture. He is encouraging people to turn back to God. Doesn't matter what your faith is. Turn back to God. Live the principles you believe are true. Find out why you believe in it. Seek the Truth.

Too many people don't understand what's going on. That's what makes this so powerful. Those who want to stop it, won't see what's coming at all.

Change the culture, not through laws, but through individual choice. Lift people up, not with hand outs, but by putting your shoulder to the wheel and lifting yourself, lifting your family, lifting one another.

Like I said, love him or hate him, this is far greater then Glenn. The question is do we do our part in changing the culture. Or do we sit on our ass and complain?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...y-at-the-lincoln-memorial-18.html#post2686768

What a sorry apologist you are for Beck, Avatar. You say he's not about the politics, yet YOU identify him politically. You say he's not "intentionally" lying....yet the SLEW of documented lies and the ADMISSION by Beck himself that only an idiot would take him seriously, or that he doesn't check his sources/or due diligence before he rants on a subject should clue you in otherwise.

Beck didn't mention democrats, but YOU automatically ASSUME that position in order to explain FOR Beck where America lost it's honor. Hmmm, so Watergate, the Iran/Contra affair, invading Iraq based on lies, outing a CIA agent, gag ordering an FBI agent, trying an end run around the acting Attorney General....these were all okay by you.

Beck's BS was there for the world to see, and it sure as hell wasn't pretty for anyone who reads more than one news source or is over 21 and actually paid attention to what the hell went on in this world.

Keep shoveling, Avatar!:lol:

Last edited:
Spoken like a fucktard who doesn't know a whit about what he's talking about. Been listening to him over 5 years, and he didn't "just discover" libertarianism. But you keep peddling that fantasy to yourself. Just one in a long string of them you need to get through the day. Something is disagreeable? Just pop another lie and feel better.

There's priceless irony here... Do you see it?

He may have given occasional lip service to "libertarianism" during the Boy King years, but it was superficial at best, and you know it. He's hysterical about it now.

He barely said a word when Boy King was ball washing for Wall Street time and time again. Heck, almost all of Obama's financial sector are Bush League holdovers. Don't kid yourself, partisan crazy person.

Oh and which 20% are you referring to? Only ones able to damage it is the radical minority currently running it.

what in God's name are you even trying to articulate here?

Anyhow, I understand that you've taken to stalking me around the forums after your weak-sauce shale oil argument got taken behind the wood shed in the energy sub-forum. I'm flattered, but you should get out and do something productive. It's Friday night on Labor Day weekend. I'm stuck at work, what's your excuse?

Anyhow, I understand that you've taken to stalking me around the forums after your weak-sauce shale oil argument got taken behind the wood shed in the energy sub-forum. I'm flattered, but you should get out and do something productive. It's Friday night on Labor Day weekend. I'm stuck at work, what's your excuse?

Someone needs an excuse to do whatever the heck they want when it neither picks anyones pocket or breaks anyones leg?

Forum List

Back