It's a Matter of Honor - the 8/28 Rally at the Lincoln Memorial

You're still blowing smoke, Foxy...and that's about all you've got...because BECK'S OWN WORDS MAKE YOU OUT TO BE THE FOOL. But rather than deal with the reality, you invent some "special" interpretation or "newspeak" to try and mask your folly....so much more to pity you, Foxy.

Unlike you, I can admit to error....YOU seem incapable of dealing with context, logic or rational discussion, Foxy...so you resort to silly little comic excerpts from movies and such that have no real relation to the discussion at hand.

Enjoy being one of Beck's idiot's, Foxy (his words, not mine). I'll just watch you create your own little fantasy despite no support from the chronology of the posts. Carry on.

I have no idea what you're talking about Tai. But I don't really care either, so it's all good. Rave on if it makes you feel better.

My error, it's was Fitz I was responding to.....you Beck idiots are so similar I sometimes get you mixed up.

So continue to comment on things that you claim you don't care about. :cuckoo:

Like I said it's all good. But you should know that I've had some very interesting and worthwhile debates with Fitz. But then he actually pays attention to who he is responding to and has something more to offer than ad hominem and personal insults.

It's all a matter of taste actually.

87,000 was a false number CBS put out. Most sources have it as I stated, 300K - 500K. You can look at the aerial photos and clearly see it wasn't 87K. The area around the reflecting pool alone holds about 200K.

It was probably closer to the half a million mark.

I hope people that look at the photos of the rally and believe the bogus 87K number never do intelligence trying to estimate troop numbers from aerial photographs. You'll get a lot of people killed.

So CBS puts out a number that you don't like, and it's automatically false?

What were your sources for the 300-500k count? Beck? Bachman? Hell, at least CBS poll says there's a 9,000 margin of error either way. And I've got news for you....on this board it was demonstrated how an aerial photo of a few thousand folk can seem like millions when taken at the right angle. In fact, the famous photo from 1963 for the original March on Washington gives the impression of a hell of a lot more people than there actually were.

Given the documented lies and exaggerations of Beck and Bachman, I wouldn't put much stock in there estimates.

Why do you insist on only looking at CBS estimates and ignoring estimates done by multiple other sources that clearly show CBS is full of shit.

But hell if you had ever been to DC which I have several times, all you would need is to see the pictures to have a good idea that it was A hell of a lot more than 87,000.

Why don't YOU name the "multiple sources"? Let's see if their credibility stands up to scrutiny. And like I told your compadre the photos are misleading, as the famous photo from 1963 for the original March on Washington gives the impression of a hell of a lot more people than there actually were.

Incidently, I've been to DC.....which is why the photos and the hyped up numbers Beck quoted on the air just don't jibe.

I have no idea what you're talking about Tai. But I don't really care either, so it's all good. Rave on if it makes you feel better.

My error, it's was Fitz I was responding to.....you Beck idiots are so similar I sometimes get you mixed up.

Like I said it's all good. But you should know that I've had some very interesting and worthwhile debates with Fitz. But then he actually pays attention to who he is responding to and has something more to offer than ad hominem and personal insults.

It's all a matter of taste actually.

Your about on par with Fitz....neither of you can maintain a level of honesty, documented facts and logic in a discussion before resorting to exaggerations, out of context quotes, lies, personal attacks and dodges.

And now the bes you've got to whine about is that I mistook you for someone else....that neither one of you jokers can refute the FACT that Beck has tagged you as "idiots" for defending his dreck.

Small wonder you two get along so well.....Now, do continue to comment on something that you claim you care nothing about. :cuckoo:

So many people still don't get what Glenn is doing. Glenn is attempting to change the culture. He isn't looking at the 2010 elections. He, and I as well, don't think changing the D to an R in Congress is going to change anything in the nation.

The Democrats came into power in 2006 running on a campaign to end the "Culture of Corruption". Obviously that was rhetoric because they immediately because one of the most corrupt Congresses in History.

Glenn is trying to actually change the culture of corruption. Not through politics but by encouraging the people to live better. He's encouraging the people to educate themselves. He doesn't want people just to take what he says as truth. He wants people to go out and learn themselves. He wants people to read original sources, compare contrasting ideas and to draw our own conclusions.

He is trying to get people to be honest. After all, what is corruption then us not being honest. I know so many of you say he is lying through his teeth because of profits or politics or whatever. But he's not. He might have something wrong. He might misstate something. But his intent is to be honest. You guys don't believe it because he is conservative/libertarian and you don't like what he says. But that doesn't mean he is intentionally lying. And he is encouraging people to be honest in their own life. When people are honest in their own lives, the political class will change.

Like I have been saying. We have the leaders we have because they represent the people. The people have been corrupted. We need to fix that. And if we do that, then our representatives will naturally be likewise honest.

He is encouraging people to be charitable one to another as individuals. If people step up to their own responsibilities to one another, we would have no need of government assistance.

He is trying to change the culture. He is encouraging people to turn back to God. Doesn't matter what your faith is. Turn back to God. Live the principles you believe are true. Find out why you believe in it. Seek the Truth.

Too many people don't understand what's going on. That's what makes this so powerful. Those who want to stop it, won't see what's coming at all.

Change the culture, not through laws, but through individual choice. Lift people up, not with hand outs, but by putting your shoulder to the wheel and lifting yourself, lifting your family, lifting one another.

Like I said, love him or hate him, this is far greater then Glenn. The question is do we do our part in changing the culture. Or do we sit on our ass and complain?

Actually Avatar, the reason I find myself unable to believe Mr. Beck's sincerity is his presentation. Every time I see his show he comes off as a very bad actor trying to give a performance; a poor attempt to make his commentary appear off-the-cuff and spontaneous. I'm sorry, but I don't believe for a moment that his show isn't scripted. Combine that with his previous work (I lived in Tampa for close to 20 years, and a good friend was a huge fan of his radio show, which was mostly comedy) and I think Beck is an entertainer.

That's not a commentary on his message. I just don't believe his constant over-emotional performance is sincere.

Actually Avatar, the reason I find myself unable to believe Mr. Beck's sincerity is his presentation. Every time I see his show he comes off as a very bad actor trying to give a performance; a poor attempt to make his commentary appear off-the-cuff and spontaneous. I'm sorry, but I don't believe for a moment that his show isn't scripted. Combine that with his previous work (I lived in Tampa for close to 20 years, and a good friend was a huge fan of his radio show, which was mostly comedy) and I think Beck is an entertainer.

That's not a commentary on his message. I just don't believe his constant over-emotional performance is sincere.

So since he's a bad actor, he's not being sincere?

Seems like your judging the messenger and disregarding the message.

Beck is irrelevant to the message. He's sincere. But even if he wasn't the message is powerful.

And it's working.

Well if everybody loved Glenn Beck, he would have 100% market share instead of just merely the biggest market share for his time slot for his genre on television. His radio show would be #1 instead of well behind Limbaugh, Hannity and duking it out for #3 with Savage and Ingraham. Of course his TV show is mostly scripted as is his radio show --everybody's is. You simply cannot do that much time strictly extemporaneously on any nationally featured program and be successful. You have to have the show move along seamlessly without uncomfortable repetitions, dead zones, or lapses of memory. There are extemporaneous portions within the script, of course, but nevertheless, the monologues are scripted and the program is programmed.

I used to host a weekly half hour radio show for a large hospital featuring one of the hospital departments each week, and we took a few call in questions from the audience. Believe me I trusted nothing to memory for that show and had something ready to go to fill every minute. You just can't have dead air on the radio or nothing happening for several minutes on TV.

The only person I've ever seen who even attempted a totally extemporaneous show was the highly intelligent, brilliant, talented Jerry Lewis years ago. And he bombed. Even he couldn't do it.

BUT. . . .the fact that a speaker or politician writes out his speech before he gives it. . . a preacher prepares and sometimes even practices his sermon before he delivers it. . . .the columist writes, rewrites, spell checks, fact checks his column before he submits it for publication. . . .and talk show hosts plan out their programs in advance of airing them. . . in no way indicates that any and all of them are not sincere.

Unlike you, I don't have problems with context, logic and adult conversation. I know what he means when he says those things. The fact you are "insulted" by me not being "insulted" is the height of lunacy, Ruprecht.

You want the truth? You can't HANDLE the Truth! BAAAHHHH No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling ability!

44159ac24cbf3e5a.jpg

You're still blowing smoke, Foxy...and that's about all you've got...because BECK'S OWN WORDS MAKE YOU OUT TO BE THE FOOL. But rather than deal with the reality, you invent some "special" interpretation or "newspeak" to try and mask your folly....so much more to pity you, Foxy.

Unlike you, I can admit to error....YOU seem incapable of dealing with context, logic or rational discussion, Foxy...so you resort to silly little comic excerpts from movies and such that have no real relation to the discussion at hand.

Enjoy being one of Beck's idiot's, Foxy (his words, not mine). I'll just watch you create your own little fantasy despite no support from the chronology of the posts. Carry on.

He fergotted who he was talking to... LOL

Stay in the moment! rant rant rant!

Well you psychopathic progressofascists all sound the same after a while.

I was going to go to the Restoring Honor Rally but my fiance had to work. Very disappointed I missed it. It was a historical event. Most estimates put the crowd at 300,000 to half a million people (probably closer to half a million). They said it was the 6th largest crowd ever at the mall.

Here's an interesting thing that happened at the rally. Glenn Beck had been trying to get the military to do a flyover as the rally began. Because of air restrictions over DC this was not possible. Just as the music started commencing the rally a flock of geese flew over the crowd in formation. It was pretty cool.

And Michelle Bachman put the crowd at over 1,000,000

The best methodology and most scientific approach put it at 87,000 +/- 10,000

Beck's rally netted "tens of thousands" by the byline.

I was going to go to the Restoring Honor Rally but my fiance had to work. Very disappointed I missed it. It was a historical event. Most estimates put the crowd at 300,000 to half a million people (probably closer to half a million). They said it was the 6th largest crowd ever at the mall.

Here's an interesting thing that happened at the rally. Glenn Beck had been trying to get the military to do a flyover as the rally began. Because of air restrictions over DC this was not possible. Just as the music started commencing the rally a flock of geese flew over the crowd in formation. It was pretty cool.

And Michelle Bachman put the crowd at over 1,000,000

The best methodology and most scientific approach put it at 87,000 +/- 10,000

Beck's rally netted "tens of thousands" by the byline.

The size of the Beck rally is irrelevant.

The comparison between the Beck Rally and the latest leftist demonstration.......

"priceless."

Forum List

Back