Italian hostage

j07950 said:
I also talked of the engine earlier...tires are just an example of how maybee to stop a car instead of randomly shooting at a car...

The soldiers were not thinking about how to stop the car. They were thinking about how to stop the car from blowing up.

taff said:
The car could have turned into a street just 20 feet from the patrol so no i dont agree still about the snipers rifle.
The Italians by your reasoning should not have taken for granted all normal procedures would be stopped just for them.
To be honest a few of the things your saying are a bit silly and i think you know yourself.Sniper rifle ffs.
What the whole sniper riffle thing? Maybee it is silly but the guy before (also said the soldiers did try to shoot at the engine) was talking about the guns not being stable...I say than get more stable guns...

j07950 said:
I also talked of the engine earlier...tires are just an example of how maybee to stop a car instead of randomly shooting at a car...

There's nothing "random" about it. Remove the threat - that's the first order of business. It's ludicrous to tell soldiers they have to defend themselves with one hand tied behind their balls. YOU try it.

musicman said:
There's nothing "random" about it. Remove the threat - that's the first order of business. It's ludicrous to tell soldiers they have to defend themselves with one hand tied behind their balls. YOU try it.
I totally understant that they have to protect themselves...but they knew/or should have been told that the italians were arriving...
Say you live in a rough neigborhood and you've got a gun to protect yourself. You know a friend is suppose to stop by...they come in your appartment without knocking and you hear them...you shoot...he's dead...?!

What I'm saying is that if they knew the italians were coming they should have been more careful...same goes with the italians...they should have understood the procedures better...even if they thought the soldiers knew they were coming...

Sir Evil said:
:laugh:

I link incence, it smells nice! that's my two cen't if you care! But common sense if you were once American would tell you that you made a funny trying to mock a englishman! :D
What?
What he said was just wrongly phrased...

taff said:
Musicman i been here a while trying to explain this.Im obviously not getting my point across.Do you want to try for a while. :bang3:
I got your point no problem...totally agree excpet that the soldiers knew/or should have known they were coming...thats all...

taff said:
Musicman i been here a while trying to explain this.Im obviously not getting my point across.Do you want to try for a while. :bang3:

I might have to beg off, taff - it looks kind of painful - LOL!

Sir Evil said:
:laugh:

I link incence, it smells nice! that's my two cen't if you care! But common sense if you were once American would tell you that you made a funny trying to mock a englishman! :D

ROFLMAO!

Said1 said:
Pulllease, he probably enjoys steak and kidney pie, with a super sized side dish of blood pudding. My mother eats that! :puke3:
Only just saw this, you mean you dont eat these things in Canada or USA?

j07950 said:
Yeah I see your point but then again maximum power isn't going to stop the car immediatly either...unless you use a rocket...but thats a bit radical
I hate this whole shoot first and ask questions later...
As for the procedures I also agree...but remember they thought that the soldiers had been informed of their arrival...they couldn't have guessed that (the soldiers say they were speeding, denied by the Italians) speeding a bit was going to get them shot at...
but then again its not your skin on the line so why would you care for it?

musicman said:
I might have to beg off, taff - it looks kind of painful - LOL!
well with someone whose as anti-US as this buttmunch and his sister PE...maybe ill put my next post in crayon, write real slow, and use small words with stick figures to explain it

"Excuse me, sir. I notice you were speeding back there. Now uh...are you a member of a terrorist organization of any kind?...uh huh....uh huh....well Syria may call it a politcal party but that doesn't--....yeah well, so any way, just maing sure you werne't just speeding towards this checkpoint so you could---"

padisha emperor said:
The italian hostage Giuliana Sgrena, is free now.
And today she lands on the Italian soil.

But....

Yesterday, the convoy with Giuliana and the italian secert service members were the poor casualties of the US army's shoots : the convoy was stopped by a US check point, but the US soldiers opened the fire on the convoy.
Giuliana Sgrena was wounded, she got a bullet in the lung.
But the saddest is that an Italian was killed by the US soldiers.
Nicola Capilari was the CHIEF of the italian secret services ni Iraq. He had free before Giuliana Sgrena other Italian Hostages.
And yesterday, when he saw that the US soldiers shot on the italian convoy, he lie down Giuliana, to protect her from the US shoots. This heroism csot to him his life, he 's dead to save the life of the hostage.

Good job, US soldiers, after the US soldiers and the Brits, now they kill Italian heroes....
:poop: :gives:

I was not impressed with her comments regarding US troop action. IF, it is proven that the car she was in was traveling very fast approaching a US checkpoint,, then tuff shxx for her and her body guard. Sorry. Too many US soldiers, and Iraqi soldiers have been killed as speeding vehicles deliver their deadly payload of explosives. The US troops played it by the book. End of story...

Now,, if the car was not traveling too fast, but didn't stop, or cautiously approach the checkpoint. Too bad..

If the investigation proves the soldiers screwed up. Too bad. You play in a war zone there is going to be friendly fire/accidental death.. I am not going to second guess the men and women who have their asses on the line.

Yes by all means let's read her full story in the Communist Manifesto!!!!!!

In several interviews to Italian and foreign media outlets, Ms Sgrena said she believes US troops might have deliberately opened fire on the car.

Ms Sgrena, who works for communist paper Il Manifesto and has always been an outspoken critic of the war, argues that US authorities strongly oppose the kind of negotiations conducted to free her.

"I cannot rule out that I was the real target," she told Rome-based daily La Repubblica.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4324445.stm

Noooo agenda here!!

Forum List

Back