Italian hostage

padisha emperor

Sep 6, 2004
Aix-en-Provence, France
The italian hostage Giuliana Sgrena, is free now.
And today she lands on the Italian soil.

But....

Yesterday, the convoy with Giuliana and the italian secert service members were the poor casualties of the US army's shoots : the convoy was stopped by a US check point, but the US soldiers opened the fire on the convoy.
Giuliana Sgrena was wounded, she got a bullet in the lung.
But the saddest is that an Italian was killed by the US soldiers.
Nicola Capilari was the CHIEF of the italian secret services ni Iraq. He had free before Giuliana Sgrena other Italian Hostages.
And yesterday, when he saw that the US soldiers shot on the italian convoy, he lie down Giuliana, to protect her from the US shoots. This heroism csot to him his life, he 's dead to save the life of the hostage.

Good job, US soldiers, after the US soldiers and the Brits, now they kill Italian heroes....

PE you left a little bit out:

http://english.people.com.cn/200503/05/eng20050305_175687.html

US army admits shooting at freed Italian hostage

The US army admitted Saturday that US soldiers mistakenly opened fire at a car carrying the freed Italian hostage, wounding her and killing an Italian secret service agent.

"Coalition Forces assigned to the Multi-National Force-Iraq fired on a vehicle that was approaching a Coalition checkpoint in Baghdad at high speed," the military said in a statement.
Kidnapped on Feb. 4, Giuliana Sgrena, a war reporter for Il Manifesto daily, was freed and handed over to three Italian agents on Friday.

The shooting happened when the agents were driving her to Baghdad Airport. Nicola Calipari was shot dead after he covered Sgrena with his body.

"Ms. Sgrena is being treated by Coalition Force medical personnel," the statement said without giving further details.

It said the incident was under investigation and more details would be provided when available.

Sgrena, 56, was seized by unknown gunmen on a Baghdad street. She appeared on TV two weeks after capture, pleading for her life and calling for withdrawal of Italian forces from Iraq.

US President George W. Bush had phoned Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi to express his regret over the incident and pledged a full investigation into the killing.

Italy is one of Washington's staunchest allies in the Iraq war, sending some 3,000 troops to Iraq.

padisha emperor said:
The italian hostage Giuliana Sgrena, is free now.
And today she lands on the Italian soil.

But....

Yesterday, the convoy with Giuliana and the italian secert service members were the poor casualties of the US army's shoots : the convoy was stopped by a US check point, but the US soldiers opened the fire on the convoy.
Giuliana Sgrena was wounded, she got a bullet in the lung.
But the saddest is that an Italian was killed by the US soldiers.
Nicola Capilari was the CHIEF of the italian secret services ni Iraq. He had free before Giuliana Sgrena other Italian Hostages.
And yesterday, when he saw that the US soldiers shot on the italian convoy, he lie down Giuliana, to protect her from the US shoots. This heroism csot to him his life, he 's dead to save the life of the hostage.

Good job, US soldiers, after the US soldiers and the Brits, now they kill Italian heroes....
hey retard, they responded to a speeding car towards their check point as they were trained. now they are supposed to wait to see whose speeding up on them before they shoot? bullshit.

Padisha deliberately leaves out information to make it seem like the Americans were at fault for protecting themselves from an unknown car speeding toward one of their checkpoints. Apparently, Padisha would prefer that Americans die in suicide car bomb attacks after letting unknown speeding cars rush up to them. Padisha, you are despicable for citing the shooting out of context.

Now,now. Padisha is just using this to ridicule the BRAVE men that are keeping OUR world safe. Wonder what he would do in the same situation? Probably throw his hands in the air and run for his life. They are good at that-aren't they?

:fifty: :bsflag:

krisy said:
Now,now. Padisha is just using this to ridicule the BRAVE men that are keeping OUR world safe. Wonder what he would do in the same situation? Probably throw his hands in the air and run for his life. They are good at that-aren't they?

:fifty: :bsflag:
The French said goodbye to bravery when the first German tanks broke through the Ardennes Forest in WWII. The French seem consigned to shooting unarmed civilians in the Ivory Coast.

I've just read an article this morning that quotes Giuliana Sgrena as saying the vehicule was going at a normal speed. Who knows. One thing I don't understand...if they had been told that this convoy was on it's way...if they really thought this could be an attack, instead of shooting at the car why not just shoot at the tires or even say the engine...why shoot the hell out of the car and whoever is inside?
I found this:
http://newswww.bbc.net.uk/1/low/world/europe/4323361.stm
Sunday, 6 March, 2005, 15:02 GMT
Hostage fears troops targeted her
Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena has suggested US troops deliberately tried to kill her moments after she was released by her kidnappers in Baghdad.
Ms Sgrena, writing in her left-wing newspaper Il Manifesto, described how her car came "under a rain of fire".

At that moment, she said she recalled her captors' words that some Americans "don't want you to go back".

The US military, who said troops fired on the speeding car after it failed to stop, has opened a full investigation.

A top Italian secret service agent, Nicola Calipari, died in the incident as he shielded Ms Sgrena from the gunshots.

He had led the efforts to negotiate the release of the correspondent, held captive in Iraq for more than a month.

"Everyone knows that the Americans do not like negotiations to free hostages, and because of this I don't see why I should exclude the possibility of me having been the target"
Giuliana Sgrena
Ex-hostage

The body of Mr Calipari, who is being treated as a national hero, is lying in state in an imposing monument in the centre of Rome before a state funeral on Monday.

The incident in Baghdad threatens to have continuing political fallout in Rome, says our correspondent there David Willey.

Pressure will grow on Italy's Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, a staunch ally of US President George W Bush, to reconsider the wisdom of keeping on Italian peacekeepers in Iraq, our correspondent says.

Already, the Italian foreign ministry has warned all Italian nationals to avoid travel to Iraq.

Sgrena's account

Details remain unclear about exactly what happened as the car carrying the Italian journalist, Calipari and two other agents made its journey towards Baghdad's airport late on Friday.

The US military says that the car was speeding as it approached a checkpoint and that soldiers used hand signals, flashed lights, and fired warning shots in an attempt to stop it, before opening fire.

DIFFERING ACCOUNTS

US: Forces fired on a vehicle that was approaching at high speed
Troops attempted to warn the driver to stop by hand and arm signals, flashing white lights, and firing warning shots
When the driver didn't stop, the soldiers shot into the engine block

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sgrena: The driver had spoken twice to the embassy and to Italy that we were on our way to the airport
We were less than a kilometre [from the airport]... when... I remember there was shooting
The driver began screaming that we were Italian
We weren't going particularly fast given that type of situation
In pictures: Joy and dismay

Italian press reaction

In her account for Il Manifesto, Ms Sgrena said the kidnappers had released her willingly.

When she got in the car, Calipari took off her blindfold and was "an avalanche of friendly phrases, jokes".

"Nicola Calipari was seated at my side. The driver had spoken twice to the embassy and to Italy that we were on our way to the airport that I knew was saturated with American troops. We were less than a kilometre they told me... when... I remember there was shooting.

"The driver began screaming that we were Italian, 'We're Italian! We're Italian!'"

Ms Sgrena has said the car was not going particularly fast.

Upon her release, she said, "They [the kidnappers] said they were committed to releasing me, but that I had to be careful 'because there are Americans who don't want you to go back'."

In another interview with Sky Italia TV, she said it was possible the soldiers had targeted her because Washington opposed the policy of negotiating with kidnappers.

Calipari: 'Extraordinary hero'

"Everyone knows that the Americans do not like negotiations to free hostages, and because of this I don't see why I should exclude the possibility of me having been the target," she said.

She said she did not know if a ransom was paid for her release - a policy the US does not approve either.

Ms Sgrena was abducted on 4 February, and later appeared in a video begging for help and urging foreign troops to leave Iraq.

Much of the country was opposed to the US-led war in Iraq and the government's decision to send 3,000 Italian troops to Iraq.

I started a thread simliar to this in War On Terror. Her accusations and insinuations are ridiculous,but not surprising coming form a far lefty.

krisy said:
I started a thread simliar to this in War On Terror. Her accusations and insinuations are ridiculous,but not surprising coming form a far lefty.
Why does it always have to go back to this whole Righty/Lefty shit...is that all you can come up with. Like "oh" she's lying because she's a Lefty...So if she was a righty would you say oh right, she must be saying the truth...plus how do you know she's a lefty, does it mention it anywhere?

j07950 said:
Why does it always have to go back to this whole Righty/Lefty shit...is that all you can come up with. Like "oh" she's lying because she's a Lefty...So if she was a righty would you say oh right, she must be saying the truth...plus how do you know she's a lefty, does it mention it anywhere?

If you read your own threads,you would see that it says that she writes for a left wing paper or magazine-is that clear enough for ya brainiac? Also,if you go back to my thread it states that she was clearly against the war. Not to mention,what ounce of proof does she have that our soldiers were going after her ? Does she have one shred of evidence other than her own paranoid dillusions?

krisy said:
If you read your own threads,you would see that it says that she writes for a left wing paper or magazine-is that clear enough for ya brainiac? Also,if you go back to my thread it states that she was clearly against the war. Not to mention,what ounce of proof does she have that our soldiers were going after her ? Does she have one shred of evidence other than her own paranoid dillusions?
Do you have proof of the contrary? All I'm saying is that the poor woman has been shot, the soldiers knew whe was coming around, they shot the hell out of the car instead of shooting say at the tires and she says they were driving at resonable speed...mistakes happen...thats fine...but insinuating that she made this whole thing up is pure crap.
In her position I would probably be asking myself the same questions...

Sir Evil said:
Hey fucker, just because you are anti-american you don't need to take this tone! She was obviously against the war, think perhaps it's possible that the story from her side could of possibly been biased?
Greeting fellow fucker...for like the 1000th time I'm not anti-american...I came in saying "who knows" and only said she's said the opposite of the soldiers, so who do we believe...?
Get off you high horse...

j07950 said:
Do you have proof of the contrary? All I'm saying is that the poor woman has been shot, the soldiers knew whe was coming around, they shot the hell out of the car instead of shooting say at the tires and she says they were driving at resonable speed...mistakes happen...thats fine...but insinuating that she made this whole thing up is pure crap.
In her position I would probably be asking myself the same questions...

SHE says they were driving at reasonable speed,the U.S. soldiers did not. I have to take the word of an American soldier over that of a left wing journalist against the war. The bias in the media has been proven over and over. Have you ever put yourself in a soldiers shoes? They have terrorist everyday blowing up vehicles while driving right at them. What would you do if you started seeing your life flash before you eyes?

Sir Evil said:
High horse? well the fact is so long as we are on this board I will always be higher than you!:D

And don't be a damn liar, you have never had anything positive to say since the day you joined this board! Only reason that you haven't been banned yet is due to the fact that the rest need some around here to beat up on!
Yep thats all u do here...beat up on other people who don't share the same righty views as you...kind of sad...
You don't even want to debate...you just insult...

krisy said:
SHE says they were driving at reasonable speed,the U.S. soldiers did not. I have to take the word of an American soldier over that of a left wing journalist against the war. The bias in the media has been proven over and over. Have you ever put yourself in a soldiers shoes? They have terrorist everyday blowing up vehicles while driving right at them. What would you do if you started seeing your life flash before you eyes?
I totally understand that...thats why I said mistakes happen...but I also asked...why don't they shoot at the tires or the engine if they knew she would be coming by at some point...why take the risk of killing her?

j07950 said:
Yep thats all u do here...beat up on other people who don't share the same righty views as you...kind of sad...
You don't even want to debate...you just insult...

That's not true. If you visit here enough,you will see plenty of people with different views on this board that are not picked on or banned. Teased,maybe-but all in good fun. If I am correct,you are the one that started getting testy because I brought up the fact that she is left wing.

j07950 said:
I totally understand that...thats why I said mistakes happen...but I also asked...why don't they shoot at the tires or the engine if they knew she would be coming by at some point...why take the risk of killing her?

I will have to go back and read,but again,I don't see where it says the U.S. soldiers KNEW she was on board.

I'm not finding anything that says they knew she was on board. If rumors are true,maybe ransom should not have been negotiated without first telling the U.S. what was going on. Also,the soldiers say they were flashing lights and waving hands. Those SS agents knew those were American soldiers that would not hurt them-their ally-so why did they not stop?

Forum List

Back