Italian hostage

j07950 said:
I've just read an article this morning that quotes Giuliana Sgrena as saying the vehicule was going at a normal speed. Who knows. One thing I don't understand...if they had been told that this convoy was on it's way...if they really thought this could be an attack, instead of shooting at the car why not just shoot at the tires or even say the engine...why shoot the hell out of the car and whoever is inside?
hey dipshit, you ever tried to shoot an auto or semi auto weapon? even one that is mounted? oh wait, your a frog, so i guess ive answered my own question.
they arent the most stable thing in the world to shoot. even mounted they are loose to shoot. you are not able to concentrait all your rounds into one place, say an engine block or tires. it isnt like you see in the movies where you see some dick empty an M-60 into the size of a basketball at 100 meters. it just dont happen.

fucktard

Johnney said:
hey dipshit, you ever tried to shoot an auto or semi auto weapon? even one that is mounted? oh wait, your a frog, so i guess ive answered my own question.
they arent the most stable thing in the world to shoot. even mounted they are loose to shoot. you are not able to concentrait all your rounds into one place, say an engine block or tires. it isnt like you see in the movies where you see some dick empty an M-60 into the size of a basketball at 100 meters. it just dont happen.

fucktard
A bit late coming into the discussion you freak...
Being an american I can understand why you'd know so much about guns...you probably collect them right?
Anyway, say what you are saying is right...then why not have other types of guns that are more stable, especially at checkpoints...like a sniper riffle or something like that. Wouldn't that make more sence dipshit? Probably not as fun as shooting the hell out of the car but hey...at least you might avoid killing people...

taff said:
If your going to make a twat of yourself you believe in going a good job of it dont you.
Your english right? Speak english than...
So what's wrong with what I said? so like that does not make sence?

j07950 said:
Your english right? Speak english than...
So what's wrong with what I said? so like that does not make sence?
Firstly im not English.Secondly i did speak English your just not familiar with it.

Lets ignore the insults and just tell you whats wrong with your post.Started off with "Being American " so anything that followed was implied to all Americans on this board.Then you said cant you use a snipers rifle so as not to kill anyone.Figure out whats wrong with that statement yourself.

taff said:
Firstly im not English.Secondly i did speak English your just not familiar with it.

Lets ignore the insults and just tell you whats wrong with your post.Started off with "Being American " so anything that followed was implied to all Americans on this board.Then you said cant you use a snipers rifle so as not to kill anyone.Figure out whats wrong with that statement yourself.
Yeah whats wrong with saying "cant you use a snipers rifle so as not to kill anyone"? Is that not possible or are you saying its offensive?
I do believe that if there is another way to stop a vehicule than it should be used, not having the right material is not an excuse for killing innocent people. A sniper riffle or anything more stable makes more sense than what the gentleman called an "unstable" gun... Even I can come to this conclusion, what do they have military experts for nowadays?

j07950 said:
Yeah whats wrong with saying "cant you use a snipers rifle so as not to kill anyone"? Is that not possible or are you saying its offensive?
I do believe that if there is another way to stop a vehicule than it should be used, not having the right material is not an excuse for killing innocent people. A sniper riffle or anything more stable makes more sense than what the gentleman called an "unstable" gun... Even I can come to this conclusion, what do they have military experts for nowadays?

See if you understand this.When your in a combat zone as an infrantryman you look out for combat indicators.For example if you patrol down a street and more windows are open than normal there is a good chance their is an IED (Improvised explosive device) as the people do not want their windows to break.So in an area where suicide bombers are a threat driving upto you with explosive packed cars, would you not say a speeding car coming towards you in a place where people know of the threat of suicide bombers is a combat indicator.The locals all know to drive slow and keep themselves visible to the military.We used to have a saying.Its better to do 10 years than end up six feet under.
As for using a snipers rifle not to kill someone, isnt it defeating the object of firing the rifle in the first place.

taff said:
See if you understand this.When your in a combat zone as an infrantryman you look out for combat indicators.For example if you patrol down a street and more windows are open than normal there is a good chance their is an IED (Improvised explosive device) as the people do not want their windows to break.So in an area where suicide bombers are a threat driving upto you with explosive packed cars, would you not say a speeding car coming towards you in a place where people know of the threat of suicide bombers is a combat indicator.The locals all know to drive slow and keep themselves visible to the military.We used to have a saying.Its better to do 10 years than end up six feet under.
As for using a snipers rifle not to kill someone, isnt it defeating the object of firing the rifle in the first place.
No the whole riffle thing was for when we were talking about shooting at the tires or the engine. The guy was saying thats not possible because the guns are unstable, this is when I brought the whole riffle thing...which makes more sense. Unless the aim is actually to kill everyone aboard and not just stop the car.
As for what you are saying before, I totally understant that and agree that a speeding car doesn't indicate anything positive. But like I said earlier on, the Soldiers were/or should have been told of the arrival of the Italian Convoy, and like you said...the locals know they have to drive slowly and all...these people weren't locals...I don't think they understood what was going on...

j07950 said:
A bit late coming into the discussion you freak...
Being an american I can understand why you'd know so much about guns...you probably collect them right?
Anyway, say what you are saying is right...then why not have other types of guns that are more stable, especially at checkpoints...like a sniper riffle or something like that. Wouldn't that make more sence dipshit? Probably not as fun as shooting the hell out of the car but hey...at least you might avoid killing people...
well no im not late coming into it, you are.
now why in the world would someone use jsut sniper rifles? what is the capacity of it? now if it were your life on the line you would want as much lead to be thrown down range as possible. but then again, being a frog you'd want as many miles distance as you could possibly have.

and yes i do collect. plus ive spent my time in. so yes what im saying is right. the stability factor is going to throw your rounds around where you want to fire, not directly at it. your the fucking high and mighty frog, why dont you do your home work tonight. maybe you could recommend to the US what type of BB gun you would suggest they use.

Johnney said:
well no im not late coming into it, you are.
now why in the world would someone use jsut sniper rifles? what is the capacity of it? now if it were your life on the line you would want as much lead to be thrown down range as possible. but then again, being a frog you'd want as many miles distance as you could possibly have.

and yes i do collect. plus ive spent my time in. so yes what im saying is right. the stability factor is going to throw your rounds around where you want to fire, not directly at it. your the fucking high and mighty frog, why dont you do your home work tonight. maybe you could recommend to the US what type of BB gun you would suggest they use.
The whole frog thing is lame...it's just like if I was caling you a fuckin obese american...lame...
As for the Sniper riffle what the hell is wrong with that? If you're going to start shooting at a car you might as well do it from a good distance, whats the point in shooting at a car if it's only 50 feet away, the chance is it'll get to it's target. You'll agree that a sniper riffle is stable...so shoot the fuckin tires...I know it seems to precotious but then there is a chance it could save innocent lives...no?

j07950 said:
No the whole riffle thing was for when we were talking about shooting at the tires or the engine. The guy was saying thats not possible because the guns are unstable, this is when I brought the whole riffle thing...which makes more sense. Unless the aim is actually to kill everyone aboard and not just stop the car.
As for what you are saying before, I totally understant that and agree that a speeding car doesn't indicate anything positive. But like I said earlier on, the Soldiers were/or should have been told of the arrival of the Italian Convoy, and like you said...the locals know they have to drive slowly and all...these people weren't locals...I don't think they understood what was going on...
The rifle - Enough allready.You need maximum firepower.No time to steady yourself aim fire in this situation.Shooting out the tyres will not stop the car coming at you.Remember you want it stopped immidiatly.

The car speeding - I would not have even shouted a warning to be honest.No time.If the Italians want to work the area it is upto them firstly to understand the standard operating procedures in the area as they are the ones putting their lives at risk.

taff said:
The rifle - Enough allready.You need maximum firepower.No time to steady yourself aim fire in this situation.Shooting out the tyres will not stop the car coming at you.Remember you want it stopped immidiatly.

The car speeding - I would not have even shouted a warning to be honest.No time.If the Italians want to work the area it is upto them firstly to understand the standard operating procedures in the area as they are the ones putting their lives at risk.

Yeah I see your point but then again maximum power isn't going to stop the car immediatly either...unless you use a rocket...but thats a bit radical
I hate this whole shoot first and ask questions later...
As for the procedures I also agree...but remember they thought that the soldiers had been informed of their arrival...they couldn't have guessed that (the soldiers say they were speeding, denied by the Italians) speeding a bit was going to get them shot at...

taff said:
So we agree. ;)
Yeah but I still say there is time for a sniper riffle, as you can shoot from further away, meaning more time...
Do u agree that the italians might not have understood the whole stop thing because they thought the soldiers were expecting them?

j07950 said:
The whole frog thing is lame...it's just like if I was caling you a fuckin obese american...lame...
As for the Sniper riffle what the hell is wrong with that? If you're going to start shooting at a car you might as well do it from a good distance, whats the point in shooting at a car if it's only 50 feet away, the chance is it'll get to it's target. You'll agree that a sniper riffle is stable...so shoot the fuckin tires...I know it seems to precotious but then there is a chance it could save innocent lives...no?

Yeah - shoot out the tires. That'll remove the threat. Because, it might be a carload of suicidal fanatics bent on destruction, but they're sure as hell not going to keep on coming if you flatten the tires. Hell, that would seriously damage the rims - any fool knows that!

j07950 said:
Yeah but I still say there is time for a sniper riffle, as you can shoot from further away, meaning more time...
Do u agree that the italians might not have understood the whole stop thing because they thought the soldiers were expecting them?
The car could have turned into a street just 20 feet from the patrol so no i dont agree still about the snipers rifle.
The Italians by your reasoning should not have taken for granted all normal procedures would be stopped just for them.
To be honest a few of the things your saying are a bit silly and i think you know yourself.Sniper rifle ffs.

musicman said:
Yeah - shoot out the tires. That'll remove the threat. Because, it might be a carload of suicidal fanatics bent on destruction, but they're sure as hell not going to keep on coming if you flatten the tires. Hell, that would seriously damage the rims - any fool knows that!
I also talked of the engine earlier...tires are just an example of how maybee to stop a car instead of randomly shooting at a car...

Forum List

Back