It’s Official… Obama Loses More Jobs In One Year Than Any President In Modern History

Commencing the end of the first week in January, when job creation is likely again to show up in the data, and then moving into the more robust economy of Spring and Summer: Then GOP will have no one to blame except the Democrats(?)!

Anyone recalls that the GOP is the party that responded to 9/11: By refusing the offer of the Taliban capture of Osama bin laden for Moslem trial. Instead the Bush-Cheney GOP went full-throttle into Afghanistan, chased the Taliban and put them into Pakistan: Where now they are within reach of control of nuclear weapons. They can even claim credit for killing off CIA, with the help of CIA turncoats: All Because of GOP, Bush and Cheney, and the rest of the Party of Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln is famous in history, in fact, for killing off the 700,000 plus white people. The basis idea was to denigrate black people for another 150 years.

So Americans participant in Afghanistan were mainly there to kill off Americans. The government they alleged to be supporting is even more corrupt than Bureau of Indian Affairs. The Afghanis themselves won't confirm a new Cabinet, in Kabul: Clearly all intended by the Party of Lincoln, which is so clearly good at this sort of thing.

GOP will probably claim that a deity is on their side!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Which still goes to the matter that Miss Pussy should have had the starring role on Sesame Street: Instead of the piglet.)

damn it man....I want some of what he's smokin!!

How exactly have unemployment rates been falling?

Unemployment rateType of data: Percent or rateAge: 16 years and over Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Annual
1999 4.3 4.4 4.2 4.3 4.2 4.3 4.3 4.2 4.2 4.1 4.1 4.0
2000 4.0 4.1 4.0 3.8 4.0 4.0 4.0 4.1 3.9 3.9 3.9 3.9
2001 4.2 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.3 4.5 4.6 4.9 5.0 5.3 5.5 5.7
2002 5.7 5.7 5.7 5.9 5.8 5.8 5.8 5.7 5.7 5.7 5.9 6.0
2003 5.8 5.9 5.9 6.0 6.1 6.3 6.2 6.1 6.1 6.0 5.8 5.7
2004 5.7 5.6 5.8 5.6 5.6 5.6 5.5 5.4 5.4 5.5 5.4 5.4
2005 5.2 5.4 5.2 5.2 5.1 5.1 5.0 4.9 5.0 5.0 5.0 4.8
2006 4.7 4.8 4.7 4.7 4.7 4.6 4.7 4.7 4.5 4.4 4.5 4.4
2007 4.6 4.5 4.4 4.5 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.7 4.7 4.8 4.7 4.9
2008 4.9 4.8 5.1 5.0 5.5 5.6 5.8 6.2 6.2 6.6 6.8 7.2
2009 7.6 8.1 8.5 8.9 9.4 9.5 9.4 9.7 9.8 10.2 10.0

Your numbers prove what I've been telling you this whole time ....

That there was a dramatic rise in unemployment because of the economic collapse, followed by a period in which the job losses slowed, and yes, we have infact just seen a small improvement in unemployment numbers.

Thanks again!

Unemployment has been going up. The last month it went down %0.2, while still in double digits. That is not a trend of unemployment rates falling.

We are NOW in an economic collapse.

And it's going to get worse when Obama's schemes of looting businesses are implemented.
____

You are quite correct that the unemployment numbers remain very very bad with very little movement toward improvement.

I hope they do improve - and soon. I could care less on that if Obama gets credit or not because simply put, too many are hurting.

That being said, I fully believe Obama and the Democrats' agenda is counterproductive to a healthy and sustainable recovery. What recovery that comes is more likely to be shallow, and weak overall.

This new age of Democrats are attacking the fundamentals of business in America. They are pro-labor union, pro leftist special interest, and pro-race politics.

The need for a 2010 Election correction grows greater by the day...

Fucking Bush..

Just shows the impact of the worst recession in 70 years that the REPUBLICANS gave us,

Thankfully, we elected a president who took decisive steps and reveresed a potentially crippling economic collapse
Yes, first the Hoover crash of '29, then the recession/depression under Bush Jr.

Your numbers prove what I've been telling you this whole time ....

That there was a dramatic rise in unemployment because of the economic collapse, followed by a period in which the job losses slowed, and yes, we have infact just seen a small improvement in unemployment numbers.

Thanks again!

Unemployment has been going up. The last month it went down %0.2, while still in double digits. That is not a trend of unemployment rates falling.

And it's going to get worse when Obama's schemes of looting businesses are implemented.
____

You are quite correct that the unemployment numbers remain very very bad with very little movement toward improvement.

I hope they do improve - and soon. I could care less on that if Obama gets credit or not because simply put, too many are hurting.

That being said, I fully believe Obama and the Democrats' agenda is counterproductive to a healthy and sustainable recovery. What recovery that comes is more likely to be shallow, and weak overall.

This new age of Democrats are attacking the fundamentals of business in America. They are pro-labor union, pro leftist special interest, and pro-race politics.

This administration is so anti-business--in fact they are the most anti-business administration I have seen in my over 55 years. Business in this country is scared to death of this administration. All the threats to tax the over 250K crowd hits small business people right in the heart. They are not going to take risk--borrow more money--put up with the headaches of running business, expanding or hiring--so they can essentially pay up to 50% of their gross earnings to federal & state income taxes.

Then we have these moron people who voted for Obama--who believed that the over 250K crowd which only represents 5% of the entire population would be able to give them a tax break, pay down the deficit, pay for another 1 trillion in Obama's spending proposals & give them free health care too. And that is exactly what Obama stated at every single campaign stop.

We are currently at over 10% unemployment in this country--& 17.2% that are working are considered under employed. This while this President spent 787 billion dollars to stimulate the economy.

The only thing that expanding is leaps & bounds is the size of government--while the private sector continues to shrink. Unemployment in 2010 is expected to remain higher than 9%. "Change we can believe in"

One Big Ass Mistake America

Last edited:

____

This administration is so anti-business--in fact they are the most anti-business administration I have seen in my over 55 years. Business in this country is scared to death of this administration. All the threats to tax the over 250K crowd hits small business people right in the heart. They are not going to take risk--borrow more money--put up with the headaches of running business, expanding or hiring--so they can essentially pay up to 50% of their gross earnings to federal & state income taxes.

Then we have these moron people who voted for Obama--who believed that the over 250K crowd which only represents 5% of the entire population would be able to give them a tax break, pay down the deficit, pay for another 1 trillion in Obama's spending proposals & give them free health care too. And that is exactly what Obama stated at every single campaign stop.

We are currently at over 10% unemployment in this country--& 17.2% that are working are considered under employed. This while this President spent 787 billion dollars to stimulate the economy.

The only thing that expanding is leaps & bounds is the size of government--while the private sector continues to shrink. Unemployment in 2010 is expected to remain higher than 9%. "Change we can believe in"

Your small business owner talking point reminds me of Joe the Plumber ....

2010-federal-income-tax-brackets-irs-tax-rates

» 2010 Federal Income Tax Brackets (IRS Tax Rates)

The country was in recession for the entire year of 2008.

Yep. Congress controls spending so the finger is pointed at the Democrat Party. And to make matters worse, Obama was badmouthing the economy throughout much of 2008 and part of 2009. Whoever didn't take their money out of the stock market during this time lost big.

So, the Democratic Congress in 2007 spent or didn't spend what that caused the recession?

Not entirely, but their inaction played a big part. This mess has been brewing for years and those to blame are on both sides of the political aisle, but the Dems must take most of the blame.

I was once amused to see someone post that the Community Reinvestment Act could not have been to blame for the housing crisis because the number of low-income loans was so low. Uh, no. What the person did not understand was that the government encouraged banks to give out bad loans and if they didn't they would get a low rating from a regulatory agency. (Read coercion.) Low rating = bad for the bank. So government meddling created an atmosphere of bad lending practices. Yes, there is more to it, but you get the idea. (And the FDIC chairman even said the CRA didn't cause the housing debacle. :lol: How sad is that? A fox guarding the hen house.)

So the Dems started us down this road (including some Republicans) of Crony Capitalism and government coercion and did nothing to stop it. You could see it from a mile away. Thank goodness I saw it.

Yep. Congress controls spending so the finger is pointed at the Democrat Party. And to make matters worse, Obama was badmouthing the economy throughout much of 2008 and part of 2009. Whoever didn't take their money out of the stock market during this time lost big.

So, the Democratic Congress in 2007 spent or didn't spend what that caused the recession?

Not entirely, but their inaction played a big part. This mess has been brewing for years and those to blame are on both sides of the political aisle, but the Dems must take most of the blame.

I was once amused to see someone post that the Community Reinvestment Act could not have been to blame for the housing crisis because the number of low-income loans was so low. Uh, no. What the person did not understand was that the government encouraged banks to give out bad loans and if they didn't they would get a low rating from a regulatory agency. (Read coercion.) Low rating = bad for the bank. So government meddling created an atmosphere of bad lending practices. Yes, there is more to it, but you get the idea. (And the FDIC chairman even said the CRA didn't cause the housing debacle. :lol: How sad is that? A fox guarding the hen house.)

So the Dems started us down this road (including some Republicans) of Crony Capitalism and government coercion and did nothing to stop it. You could see it from a mile away. Thank goodness I saw it.
Uh, no. The CRA banned the practice of banks refusing to lend to QUALIFIED minorities who were trying to buy homes in white neighborhoods.

CRA loans were not the high risk, high interest ARMs that were the cause of the meltdown. CRA sub-prime loans were only 1 point over prime and they adjusted DOWN to prime if the home buyer made their payments on time for 2 years.

It was Bush's 2003 American Dream Downpayment Initiative (ADDI) that changed the rules to allow no downpayment loans to people with bad credit for more than the house was worth and who were at least 20% below the standard for the neighborhood.

American Dream Downpayment Initiative - Affordable Housing - CPD - HUD
American Dream Downpayment Initiative
Summary

The American Dream Downpayment Initiative (ADDI) was signed into law on December 16, 2003. The American Dream Downpayment Assistance Act authorizes up to $200 million annually for fiscal years 2004 - 2007. ADDI will provide funds to all fifty states and to local participating jurisdictions that have a population of at least 150,000 or will receive an allocation of at least $50,000 under the ADDI formula. ADDI will be administered as a part of the HOME Investment Partnerships Program, a formula grant program.

Purpose

ADDI aims to increase the homeownership rate, especially among lower income and minority households, and to revitalize and stabilize communities. ADDI will help first-time homebuyers with the biggest hurdle to homeownership: downpayment and closing costs. The program was created to assist low-income first-time homebuyers in purchasing single-family homes by providing funds for downpayment, closing costs, and rehabilitation carried out in conjunction with the assisted home purchase.

Type of Assistance

ADDI will provide downpayment, closing costs, and rehabilitation assistance to eligible individuals. The amount of ADDI assistance provided may not exceed $10,000 or six percent of the purchase price of the home, whichever is greater. The rehabilitation must be completed within one year of the home purchase. Rehabilitation may include, but is not limited to, the reduction of lead paint hazards and the remediation of other home health hazards.

Eligible Customers

To be eligible for ADDI assistance, individuals must be first-time homebuyers interested in purchasing single family housing. A first-time homebuyer is defined as an individual and his or her spouse who have not owned a home during the three-year period prior to the purchase of a home with ADDI assistance. ADDI funds may be used to purchase one- to four- family housing, condominium unit, cooperative unit, or manufactured housing. Additionally, individuals who qualify for ADDI assistance must have incomes not exceeding 80% of area median income.

Eligible Activities

ADDI funds may be used for downpayment, closing costs and, if necessary, rehabilitation in conjunction with home purchase. ADDI funds used for rehabilitation may not exceed twenty percent of the participating jurisdiction's total ADDI allocation. The rehabilitation assisted with ADDI funds must be completed within one year of the home purchase.

Funding Status

In FY 2007, Congress appropriated $24,750,000 for ADDI. Previously, Congress appropriated $74,513,000 in FY2003 and $86,984 in FY2004, $49,600,000 in FY2005 and $24,750,000 in FY2006. HUD has issued formula allocations for FY 2007 to assist participating jurisdictions in preparing their consolidated plans.

Obtaining Assistance

First, check the formula allocation page to determine whether your local HOME administering agency received ADDI funding. If they did not receive ADDI funding, ADDI funds may be available through your state. Every state received ADDI funds. The contacts for state are available in the HOME administering agency list.

USATODAY.com - Bush seeks to increase minority homeownership

Bush seeks to increase minority homeownership
By Thomas A. Fogarty, USA TODAY

In a bid to boost minority homeownership, President Bush will ask Congress for authority to eliminate the down-payment requirement for Federal Housing Administration loans.

In announcing the plan Monday at a home builders show in Las Vegas, Federal Housing Commissioner John Weicher called the proposal the "most significant FHA initiative in more than a decade." It would lead to 150,000 first-time owners annually, he said.

Nothing-down options are available on the private mortgage market, but, in general, they require the borrower to have pristine credit. Bush's proposed change would extend the nothing-down option to borrowers with blemished credit.

The FHA isn't a direct lender, but guarantees loan payments for mortgages on moderately priced owner-occupied property. The FHA guarantee now permits private lenders to finance as much as 97% of the purchase price of a home for millions of low- and middle-income borrowers.

In the proposal soon to be delivered to Congress, Bush would allow the FHA to guarantee loans for the full purchase price of the home, plus down-payment costs. As a practical matter, the FHA would guarantee mortgages as high as 103% of the value of the underlying property.

____

How many Americans have you employed working at your night job---:lol::lol: How much have you contributed to benefits, salary, bonuse's, retirement, etc working at your night job?

Last edited:

How many Americans have you employed working at your night job---:lol::lol:

When presented with facts you turn into an insult queen.

Funny how that happens.

Funny how that happens.

You haven't given me any facts that prove that higher taxes & massive government spending create private sector job growth. Until then--you're nonsense.

"The problem with socialism is that government eventually runs out of other peoples money to spend"--Margaret Thatcher
"When government is big enough to give you everything you want--it's also big enough to take everything you have"--Thomas Jefferson

The difference between a liberal & conservative:
Liberals are typically concerned about the distribution of the eggs that the golden goose lays, while a conservative is typically concerned about the health of the golden goose.

Last edited:

Funny how that happens.

You haven't given me any facts that prove that higher taxes & massive government spending create private sector job growth. Until then--you're nonsense.

Maybe you have me confused with another poster. My only post to you was to show you our current tax bracket and to lol at you for using the retarded Joe the PLumber/small business/250k tax increase talking point.

I wonder how many more Wall Street Journal loving GOP assholes REALLY want to cry about lost jobs in this thread while demanding unrestricted outsourcing and the globalized normalization of our standards of living to that of a Chinese pauper.

seriously.

All in the name of crying that the sky is falling every time Obama takes a deep breath. Hey! When Americans lose their jobs this year because some ceo sees a better labor value in India make sure you silly, ironic fuckers cry about Obama, m'kay?

You've signed onto a myth about CRA.

You gotta love the Hopey Changey disciples. If they're going to jump for joy over their Hopey Changey being responsible for an improving economy then they better make sure they also jump for joy and give George Bush the credit too. Their policies are identical. This President has merely borrowed all of George Bush's worst inventions like "Stimulus Packages" and Bailouts. Ben Bernanke himself is a George Bush appointee. The Liberals certainly have fallen in love with him no? Time Magazine declared him "Person of the Year" for God's sake. This current President hasn't done anything different than the previous President did. That's the real problem in my opinion. Btw,these are the same people who used to come to message boards like this and screech about how "awful" George Bush's 4% Unemployment and Record High Stock Markets were. Now look at them spin that their guy's dismal numbers are actually just great. Pretty bizarre stuff in my opinion. Their dishonesty & hypocrisy apparently knows no bounds. How sad.

I wonder how many more Wall Street Journal loving GOP assholes REALLY want to cry about lost jobs in this thread while demanding unrestricted outsourcing and the globalized normalization of our standards of living to that of a Chinese pauper.

seriously.

All in the name of crying that the sky is falling every time Obama takes a deep breath. Hey! When Americans lose their jobs this year because some ceo sees a better labor value in India make sure you silly, ironic fuckers cry about Obama, m'kay?

Companies have a right to open offices wherever they want.

The idea is for the US not to make it so unpleasant and costly to do business in america that businesses want to leave it.

And guess what's going to happen when Obama passes his looting businesses laws? Bye bye jobs.

Forum List

Back