It is officially better to be on welfare than to work

The chart is for Pennsylvania, not Texas, and describes the total benefit, not the copay.

The Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) is a state and federally funded health insurance program that provides health insurance coverage to uninsured children who meet eligibility guidelines and are residents of Pennsylvania residing in the Independence Blue Cross service area of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties. Depending on family size and income, eligible children are provided with free or low-cost ($30.00, $45.00, $55.00, or full-cost CHIP for $241.38 per month, per child) insurance through Keystone Health Plan East (KHPE) HMO.

Now tell me how the CHIP program can be valued at 15,000 a year as your chart claims.

CHIP

First you have to explain why you think premiums and copays are indicative of the value of the insurance coverage, then I will explain that CHIP covers outine doctor visits, prescriptions, dental, eye care and much more, including:
  • Immunizations
  • Routine Check-ups & Well Visits
  • Prescription Drugs
  • Dental, Vision, Hearing Services
  • Emergency Care
  • Mental Health Benefits
  • Hospitalization
  • Durable Medical Equipment
  • Substance Abuse Treatment
  • Partial Hospitalization for Mental Health Services
  • Rehabilitation Therapies
  • Home Health Care
  • Maternity Care
The $15,000 figure is an estimate of the average benefit that a single child will receive in a year, not how much the parent has to pay to get the coverage. If you thought abut it you would know that without me asking.

Then again, if you had a brain you wouldn't try to argue with me about this in the first place.

Give us a link to a reliable source that shows that the average child in Pennsylvania receives 15,000 in medical care annually.

And if you find that, show us how that translates into disposable income if its an insurance benefit.

If you have a problem with the chart, or the article that supports it, feel free to dig into it and find out if it is accurate or not. The chart came from Gary Alexander, Secretary of Public Welfare, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Until you find proof he is wrong I will stick with his numbers.

I just proved he is wrong. Use your head. Do you really think it costs 15,000 to insure one child for a year in PA?

You did? Where? I must have missed it, all I saw was a post where you said how much it cost a parent to enroll their child in CHIP, not one where you proved it isn't worth $15,000. did I miss a post?

If that's how much it COST to enroll, then that's how much disposable income it represents.

If you have a problem with the chart, or the article that supports it, feel free to dig into it and find out if it is accurate or not. The chart came from Gary Alexander, Secretary of Public Welfare, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Until you find proof he is wrong I will stick with his numbers.

I just proved he is wrong. Use your head. Do you really think it costs 15,000 to insure one child for a year in PA?

You did? Where? I must have missed it, all I saw was a post where you said how much it cost a parent to enroll their child in CHIP, not one where you proved it isn't worth $15,000. did I miss a post?

lol, neither of us is reading the chart correctly.

The Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) is a state and federally funded health insurance program that provides health insurance coverage to uninsured children who meet eligibility guidelines and are residents of Pennsylvania residing in the Independence Blue Cross service area of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties. Depending on family size and income, eligible children are provided with free or low-cost ($30.00, $45.00, $55.00, or full-cost CHIP for $241.38 per month, per child) insurance through Keystone Health Plan East (KHPE) HMO.

Now tell me how the CHIP program can be valued at 15,000 a year as your chart claims.

CHIP

First you have to explain why you think premiums and copays are indicative of the value of the insurance coverage, then I will explain that CHIP covers outine doctor visits, prescriptions, dental, eye care and much more, including:
  • Immunizations
  • Prescription Drugs
  • Emergency Care
  • Mental Health Benefits
  • Hospitalization
  • Home Health Care
  • Maternity Care
The $15,000 figure is an estimate of the average benefit that a single child will receive in a year, not how much the parent has to pay to get the coverage. If you thought abut it you would know that without me asking.

Then again, if you had a brain you wouldn't try to argue with me about this in the first place.

Give us a link to a reliable source that shows that the average child in Pennsylvania receives 15,000 in medical care annually.

And if you find that, show us how that translates into disposable income if its an insurance benefit.

The fun part of this crapola is that every state has different benefits.

In any case..even the premise doesn't make sense. If you go on the public dole, you do better then if you have a job?

What does that say about employers? And how much they value labor?

• Immunizations
  • Prescription Drugs
  • Emergency Care
  • Mental Health Benefits
  • Hospitalization
  • Home Health Care
  • Maternity Care

In any case..even the premise doesn't make sense. If you go on the public dole, you do better then if you have a job?

I wouldn't bother refuting the op, the article is simply NOT TRUE in any manner....if QW can't use his own ability to think critically then that's HIS problem...

CHIP

• Immunizations
  • Prescription Drugs
  • Emergency Care
  • Mental Health Benefits
  • Hospitalization
  • Home Health Care
  • Maternity Care

I gave you one from Gary Alexander, Secretary of Public Welfare, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. You tried to use something from the State of Texas to disprove it, as I recall.

If that's how much it COST to enroll, then that's how much disposable income it represents.

Really?

• Immunizations
  • Prescription Drugs
  • Emergency Care
  • Mental Health Benefits
  • Hospitalization
  • Home Health Care
  • Maternity Care

Can you refute the figures from Gary Alexander, Secretary of Public Welfare, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania?

I wouldn't bother refuting the op, the article is simply NOT TRUE in any manner....if QW can't use his own ability to think critically then that's HIS problem...

People keep telling me it isn't true, yet no one has offered any real evidence of it.

lol, neither of us is reading the chart correctly.

I see what you mean, CHIP is worth about $2,400, which is the difference between the $30 premium and the full premium of $241.38.

Forum List

Back